• Create Account

Photo
* * * - - 5 votes

What do we want to see in future versions of SOTP? (That are actually possible to do inside SOASE and SOTP)

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#41 Whitehalomango

Whitehalomango

That One White Guy

• White Name
  • 1,141 posts
  • Steam:bluehalomango
  • LocationSydney HighCom Facility Bravo-6

Posted 09 August 2016 - 03:30 AM

Thanatos 

ustn3zs4gzlhg4q3hq7gvym4eyooubqc_hq.jpg

With that out of the way, you also have to keep in mind that in order to build research stations and subsequently better ships, increased damage, etc, you need more planets to build them on. How are you going to get Anchor station if you just have one or two planets, let alone Infinity?

• Unikraken and Sookendestroy1 like this

I learn from the past, enjoy the present and look forward to the future.

Remember Off-Topic!

#42 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

Banned user who criticised terrorists

• Members
  • 3,455 posts
  • LocationANGLIA BRUV, HOME TO THE PRODIGY, NON CRIMINAL GANGSTAS AND FARMERS

Posted 09 August 2016 - 04:02 AM

ustn3zs4gzlhg4q3hq7gvym4eyooubqc_hq.jpg

With that out of the way, you also have to keep in mind that in order to build research stations and subsequently better ships, increased damage, etc, you need more planets to build them on. How are you going to get Anchor station if you just have one or two planets, let alone Infinity?

Halberd, OK. It's hard to overwrite what you already know. It is the current year. The Christian Callander of the Lord Jesus Christ 2016 apparently. Or Anglian Callander years 367/356/328-7/178/98/71/64/21.
I still think it's 1999, 2007 or 2009. Depending on what mood you get me in.
  • Idio likes this

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#43 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 09 August 2016 - 06:23 AM

It will always be 2004 to me.

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#44 The

The

Crewman

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • LocationMspaint

Posted 09 August 2016 - 06:52 AM

But i have a request, if you'll hear me out....Could you give the UNSC some more defense structures? that way i could use my usual stratgey's, see i like to build up defences, turtle till i get enough resources, then strike back, but in this mod, that's not possible. 

This is never a good strategy, provided your opponents can achieve an economic advantage.

Mspaint artistry 

#45 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 10 August 2016 - 08:35 PM

This is never a good strategy, provided your opponents can achieve an economic advantage.

You see, the bigger the enemy economy gets, the bigger the chance of a crippling economic depression! It's simple! Just let them have all the planets and eventually they'll implode!

Nothing could possibly go wrong.
  • 베이클라이트, SPECTRE and Lavo like this

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#46 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 11 August 2016 - 01:54 AM

Sooken, i gotta admit this mod is by all means a slaughter house if you take your time. But i have a request, if you'll hear me out....Could you give the UNSC some more defense structures? that way i could use my usual stratgey's, see i like to build up defences, turtle till i get enough resources, then strike back, but in this mod, that's not possible. I would appreciate if you could do your utmost to accomodate players playstyles like mine, i think they, and i would appreciate that more....once again i'm grateful for the mod. Keep up the great work, and FOR ALL THE PEOPLE POSTING! THANKS SO MUCH FOR CONTRIBUTING, i really like to read all the comments i see, it provides perspective i can't find on my own, please keep up the feedback so we can help make this mod the best it can be, even though its already one of the best.....

UNSC has already plenty of defensive structures. The tactic you suggest is viable, it just has to be developed. You can't logically expect to have 1 planet and be able to win over an enemy with 50 planets. Nothing in the Universe works that way. If your playstyle does not comprehend a rapid expansion at least in the beginning of the match, then your playstyle is faulty - you will never win.

There are some basic aspects of the game that can't be changed because of one's willing, and I honestly don't see how giving more defensive structures to the UNSC would make your matches better (unless we're talking a cheap, omnipotent structure that you build and you win instantly). It's not a problem of structures you have there, but of economy. I've played many RTS and turn-based games in my life, probably more than I should've, and from all those games only one lesson came through clearly and directly: the best defense is an offense.

In no other RTS you can turtle and win without expanding your income - if that was the case, then everybody would be acting accordingly, and no one would play the game because having only one available tactic to win is not fun.

I think one of your problems, that many new players have, is that you haven't played as the Covenant. Because now you only see that UNSC loses and think that the UNSC is faulty, but if you'll play as the Covenant, you'll see it's the other way around. You need to get more experience, you need to go faster.

• SPECTRE, Idio and Sookendestroy1 like this

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#47 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 04:13 AM

Snipped by a rabbi. Hava nagila, Hava nagila! Hava nagila... <הבה נגילה, הבה נגיל ¡! הבה נגילה...>

"I've played many RTS and turn-based games in my life, probably more than I should've..."

SternuS : 730 hours of Rome II... That's 30 fucking days mate, or a month... Or one third of a year.

You have them quals mate...

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#48 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 11 August 2016 - 05:45 AM

"I've played many RTS and turn-based games in my life, probably more than I should've..."

SternuS : 730 hours of Rome II... That's 30 fucking days mate, or a month... Or one third of a year.

You have them quals mate...

I'm ashamed I haven't reached 1000. I wish the time spent playing Medieval II could show up on Steam, because I'm 100% serious here, I'm well past 2000 hours with that game. I've played it since I was a child and completed 5 LONG campaigns in the main game and completed two factions' long campaigns in EVERY expansion. That game got me good mate.

• Sookendestroy1 likes this

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#49 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 11 August 2016 - 10:42 AM

I'm ashamed I haven't reached 1000. I wish the time spent playing Medieval II could show up on Steam, because I'm 100% serious here, I'm well past 2000 hours with that game. I've played it since I was a child and completed 5 LONG campaigns in the main game and completed two factions' long campaigns in EVERY expansion. That game got me good mate.

I've put a couple hundred hours into TATW but the base game bores me. Can't get into it.

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#50 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 11 August 2016 - 11:19 AM

I've put a couple hundred hours into TATW but the base game bores me. Can't get into it.

Oh right Third Age, forgot that was on Medieval II lol. Then yeah I'm absolutely past the 2000 hours mark.

Although I'll admit it, I've played much less TA than I probably should've done. That's one of the most awesome mods I've ever seen. The only problem for the non-Steam version is the set up, which is absurdly complexed. I'll give it a try once again when I'll get the Steam version.

It probably depends on when have you played it the first time and how much are you into that historical period. I was really young when I first played it and it catched on me, and medieval history for me is second only to classical history, so I'm into that game. But I recognize it had some problems with the UI and the progression of cities and buildings, and recruiting units required a lot of concentration for many reasons.

#51 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 12:14 PM

Unfúl time hwonne Tolkien botmum sumah cræftspræc "Rohirric" on old ænglian éastríce ágenspræc and might ætlicgana mistaken for ah bearna  stefn. 

tumblr_nq9af9700q1u11iupo6_250.gif

hálettan se bróðorræden and þoftscipe O ænglia, may hit stand ah þúsendgerímum cnéorisum, until the bealucwealmum.

sFqRzW6.jpg

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#52 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 14 August 2016 - 07:51 AM

Unfúl time hwonne Tolkien botmum sumah cræftspræc "Rohirric" on old ænglian éastríce ágenspræc and might ætlicgana mistaken for ah bearna  stefn. 
tumblr_nq9af9700q1u11iupo6_250.gif

hálettan se bróðorræden and þoftscipe O ænglia, may hit stand ah þúsendgerímum cnéorisum, until the bealucwealmum.

sFqRzW6.jpg

Did you just have a stroke?
  • 베이클라이트 likes this

Spoiler

Spoiler

#53 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 11:32 AM

Did you just have a stroke?

There sy no ænglian éastríce ágenspræc for "stroke".

Three nuns on a park bench, a streaker flashes in front of them. One of them had a stroke.

Spoiler

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#54 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 14 August 2016 - 07:47 PM

There sy no ænglian éastríce ágenspræc for "stroke".

Three nuns on a park bench, a streaker flashes in front of them. One of them had a stroke.

Spoiler

Wanna translate everything you said in the last 2 posts?

Spoiler

Spoiler

#55 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 11:48 PM

Wanna translate everything you said in the last 2 posts?

Post one:

"Inconvenient moment when tolkien creates a language "rohhirric" on an older version of anglian dialect and it sounds like a childs speak."

Second bits essentially a saying, i can't exactly translate as it looses its meaning in modern english.

Post 2:

"No anglian word for stroke". <sic> in the medical sense. 

In fact there's many words that have no meaning in old dialect. defeat, Surrender. (both in the battle meaning), cat, burglar, democracy, walk, hours.

Theres about 130 words for cake though, thats whats important.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#56 Cameron_2520

Cameron_2520

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Steam:Cameron_parris
  • LocationNot Telling.

Posted 16 August 2016 - 09:58 PM

Um fellas, this is a SOTP's discussion, please take TATW Discussions to their forum's, but i will admit, i also apprciate the work the Staff of that mod have done as well.

#57 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 06:01 AM

Um fellas, this is a SOTP's discussion, please take TATW Discussions to their forum's, but i will admit, i also apprciate the work the Staff of that mod have done as well.

Who The bloody hell do you think you are calling someone a fella?

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#58 Lavo

Lavo

Grand Master Modder/Design Lead

• Mod Staff
  • 713 posts
  • LocationNot Uni's Basement

Posted 17 August 2016 - 01:00 PM

Who The bloody hell do you think you are calling someone a fella?

No, he's right, the Off Topic subforum is better for Total War discussion than this thread.

• Fleet Admiral agigabyte likes this

#59 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 02:58 PM

No, he's right, the Off Topic subforum is better for Total War discussion than this thread.

We sure didn't have a topic derail in a long time though :P

YmSsY2C.png

#60 Cameron_2520

Cameron_2520

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Steam:Cameron_parris
  • LocationNot Telling.

Posted 17 August 2016 - 05:30 PM

Sorry, but i do appreciate the amount of attention another mod is receiving, but please like i said, keep it on thier forum's if you like, i will go to TWC and make a forum all about TATW.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users