#1 MasterOfShips

MasterOfShips

MasterOfPENIS

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:37 PM

Spoiler

^picture

Could we see a scaled up version of the Lich from Halo 4? Here's some info about it for those who don't remember.

"The Covenant's largest airborne deployment platform, the Lich boasts heavy armament and is capable of mass deployments of up to forty soldiers. Because of this, UNSC encounters with Liches have almost always resulted in total destruction of the UNSC ground forces, resulting in a lack of available information on the craft.[1] Like smaller Covenant dropships, the Lich is spaceworthy. It is also capable of traveling through slipspace, though presumably it cannot do so under its own power."

The Lich's abilities:

"The Covenant remnant deployed multiple Liches during their initial foray on the Forerunner shield world Requiem in 2557. After theUNSC Infinity's Marine and SPARTAN complement disabled an array of Forerunner particle cannons, they were attacked by a Lich, which was then noted as being unidentified.[3] The "Lich" moniker may have been applied after this attack.[note 1] The deployment platform quickly disabled a Mammoth's Magnetic Accelerator Cannon and dropped off troops. Spartan John-117 and a team of SPARTAN-IVs boarded the craft and destroyed it."

I think it'd make a great support ship with it's ability to disable enemy weapons. Although I imagine it'd have to come with the Rebellion release, due to it being deployed after the war (like the Infinity). Again, the Lich is not quite the size of a frigate, so it may have to be scaled up in size as well.

Source: http://www.halopedia...ort/Ultra_Heavy
"For Melisandre's vagina is dark and full of terror. Trust me, I know."

#2 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:48 PM

Don't the corvettes in Rebellion have abilities like that? Of coarse whether or not the developers choose use a Lich in that manner would be their choice.
  • MasterOfShips likes this
"Japan received freedom so hard it was atomizing." -VDNKh
Spoiler

#3 CanadaMan7

CanadaMan7

Commander-in-Chief

• Administrators
  • 1,247 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:55 AM

Don't the corvettes in Rebellion have abilities like that?

I think it's a pretty natural fit.
  • sloosecannon and MasterOfShips like this

yLM4TEk.png

#4 Moo Cow Banshee

Moo Cow Banshee

Prodigal Son

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:56 AM

I do agree that it should be added, it just looks completely retarded in campaign though..

#5 Wikia

Wikia

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:23 PM

I do agree that it should be added, it just looks completely retarded in campaign though..

Not really, it's a rather effective replacement for the Scarab, the only way to kill it is through the stupidity of the driver instead of the ATTACK ITS WEAK POINTS FOR MASSIVE DAMAGE game mechanic back in Halo 3.
  • Defender0 likes this
"I'm not a terrorist, I'm a pirate."

#6 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:49 PM

Not really, it's a rather effective replacement for the Scarab, the only way to kill it is through the stupidity of the driver instead of the ATTACK ITS WEAK POINTS FOR MASSIVE DAMAGE game mechanic back in Halo 3.

The chaingun on a warthog could destroy the scarab in halo 3 if you got the angle right...

#7 MasterOfShips

MasterOfShips

MasterOfPENIS

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:30 PM

The chaingun on a warthog could destroy the scarab in halo 3 if you got the angle right...

God I miss the scarab. I may have to try that now.
  • chiefship likes this

#8 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:14 PM

God I miss the scarab. I may have to try that now.

Put a marine on the turret when you try that, its way easier when you are the driver, since the marines aim for the weak point
  • MasterOfShips likes this

#9 Zandax

Zandax

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:18 PM

You can also snipe it but it can take awhile.

#10 MasterOfShips

MasterOfShips

MasterOfPENIS

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:33 AM

Put a marine on the turret when you try that, its way easier when you are the driver, since the marines aim for the weak point

Yeah, whenever I let the AI drive they'd always drive me off a cliff. -_-
  • Defender0 and Moo Cow Banshee like this

#11 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:33 PM

You can also snipe it but it can take awhile.

If you can aim it right, this tactic works if you are using the rocket launcher. The sniper rifle might be a little harder due to the amount of scope magnification that you might twitch and be off target by an in-game inch, which costs you either a shot, or wastes time reaiming

#12 Demosthenes

Demosthenes

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:53 PM

So is this happening?

#13 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:02 PM

We don't have a role at the moment for it. The combat happens far to fast in the mod to have a ship that fits the kind of role that the Lich would fill if we were to put it in the mod as a ship.

"Japan received freedom so hard it was atomizing." -VDNKh
Spoiler

#14 D4RKST0RM99

D4RKST0RM99

There's a DarkStorm coming Mr. Canadaman...

• Authorized Playtester
  • 961 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:38 PM

It's a nice idea though a reshuffle of the shipyard's build options might not be needed if you add the Lich the same way the Strident will be added, would be nice if the Covenant Titan had its own deplyable ships class. Also how about a heavy Lich class and just build onto the model instead of upscaing, it is after all only 102.8 metres in length so it could also be used in orbital bombardment similar to how we now see the pelican.

Come to think of it, you could bring back the mako class and only deployable from the UNSC Supercarrier. This can be used later for the Forerunner as in the books you would see some of their cruisers launch from their Cap ships.

• Centurian128 likes this

#15 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:38 PM

I would be interested in seeing this eventually, but we're at a bottleneck with our texturing at the moment. We'll have to see how things progress at the beginning of the new year.

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#16 Centurian128

Centurian128

Crewman

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • LocationKaalann, Skaro

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:39 PM

Is it possible for strikecraft in sins to cast debuffs instead or as well as just attacking?  If that's the case these could be used in groups of one or two to solve the missing Covenant bomber issue, since it is a bit small to be a ship class of it's own.  Unless that issue has been handled already?

Spoiler

#17 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 14 January 2014 - 01:13 PM

They'd be corvettes.

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#18 Centurian128

Centurian128

Crewman

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • LocationKaalann, Skaro

Posted 14 January 2014 - 01:25 PM

Just offering up the idea for possible debate, thought it was interesting.  Appoligies I should have realized it had already been decided.

Spoiler

#19 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Necromancer Supreme, agig did 9/11 2015

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts
  • Steam:Fleet Admiral agigabyte
  • LocationUNSC Skrubtester

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:49 PM

The one thing I hate about the lich was how the beam looked so cartoony in the part where it disables the mammoth.
WE WILL RIP THEIR SKULLS FROM THEIR SPINES, AND TOSS THEM AWAY, LAUGHIN'!

Oh, I know what the ladies like... -Sarge Johnson

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#20 Cole Protocol

Cole Protocol

Balancing Coder - Particle Effects Artist

• Mod Staff
  • 1,390 posts
  • Steam:Cole Protocol
  • LocationSpirit of Fire, chilling with the Enduring Conviction.

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:50 PM

The one thing I hate about the lich was how the beam looked so cartoony in the part where it disables the mammoth.

That aside, it would make a excellent SotP corvette. Since the only cannon one is the size of a halcyon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users