27 replies to this topic

#1 new_ray

new_ray

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

in the halo book first strike master chief and company capture a Covenant CAS-class assault carrier called Ascendant Justice, while on it, cortana integrated with the ships systems and in the process defeating and enemy ai and upgrading certain systems.

I propose that ai's be integrated into the mod so they could possibly do the following things:

* are for notes

- improve ship targeting systems
- decrease time needed to take over enemy ships *
- increase covenant ships weapons
- increase speed of ship slip-space capabilities
- ship's ai is upgrade able( see first note to find out why)
- if a lesser ai is on board of a ship that was taken over, the captured ai's abilities can be integrated with the victor's
- covenant and unsc ai's have certain abilities
- covenant ai's are not as advanced in the books, so they are more costly to upgrade in game
- ai's on planets increase production and construction speeds
- one ship cannot have more than 1 ai ( because it would be really cheap for a player to spam ai's on a ship)
- more advanced of a ship the more expensive it is to buy and upgrade the ai
- ai's are transferable to certain ships **
- ai's die after awhile ***
- there will be different types of ai's for different classes of ships ****

* now of course not every ai is created equal so, when taking over a ship if the target ship's ai is stronger the ai you attack with. will not give you the decrease in time. Also if you attack a ship with an ai on board then the time it takes to take over the ship will also increase.

** so you have like a cheaper capital ship ( so that means that ai's can be upgrade cheaper and you upgrade that ship's ai to the max and then with it awesome abilities you transfer it to the best ship in your fleet. What i just said should not happen. for the obvious reasons. but i propose that the ai's be transferable the the same class of ships, so like frigate to frigate, cruiser to cruiser

*** in the books ai's go rampant why not in the game, when ai goes rampant the ship is temporarily disabled

**** ships used for battle will have ai's with up gradable tactical abilities, carrier ai's give them up gradable defenses and maneuverability, in halo:glasslands the ai black box aka BB, was primarily used for espionage and sabotage. So ai can be upgraded to do just that.

Now the ai can be integrated two ways as there own unit that can be transported from ship to ship, or in the ship's ability page.

Now i wasn't totally sure if this was already in progress of being integrated, but i thought that i would just give my two bits :)

new_ray

#2 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

the thanatos destroyer actually has an ability called "Smart AI" which increases weapon cooldown by up to 15% according to the livestream

#3 new_ray

new_ray

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

ya i know, but thats just one ship. I am taking about a mod wide(for capitals and planets) ai integration. In the unsc ai's were one of the reasons they didnt get there butts kicked earlier.

#4 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:17 PM

ya i know, but thats just one ship. I am taking about a mod wide(for capitals and planets) ai integration. In the unsc ai's were one of the reasons they didnt get there butts kicked earlier.

trust me when i say that 15% weapon cooldown can do a lot of damage to the enemy, but i think the ability should do more since smart AIs did do a lot of stuff on a ship

#5 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

Most of what the OP would like isn't possible in Sins' engine. Very sorry. We'd do more with AI stuff if we could, but we have to balance it out.

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#6 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

Most of what the OP would like isn't possible in Sins' engine. Very sorry. We'd do more with AI stuff if we could, but we have to balance it out.

could you make the buff do more things? or would this cause extreme redundancy with the other buffs?

#7 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:39 PM

could you make the buff do more things? or would this cause extreme redundancy with the other buffs?

It might cause some redundancy, but there are also only so many things we can buff, and we need to spread it out across the fleet to make every ship useful. We can't have one ship be overpowered and get spammed, that's counter to our vision for the mod.

#8 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

It might cause some redundancy, but there are also only so many things we can buff, and we need to spread it out across the fleet to make every ship useful. We can't have one ship be overpowered and get spammed, that's counter to our vision for the mod.

yeah... i would also imagine that a fleet of thanatos destroyers would be, well, OWNED.

#9 Fleet ADM. Drian

Fleet ADM. Drian

Waging some sort of War for Terra

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationDeep Space

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

How about give every ship a Smart AI as didn't most ever ship I have read or seen had a Smart AI. That way it would give an advantage to all classes of UNSC ships. Probably be the fifth ability for capital ships and an unused slot on Frigates?

#10 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

How about give every ship a Smart AI as didn't most ever ship I have read or seen had a Smart AI. That way it would give an advantage to all classes of UNSC ships. Probably be the fifth ability for capital ships and an unused slot on Frigates?

So basically use an ability to buff every ship in a way that we could just make part of their natural stats without the ability? How about this: Assume there is an AI on board every ship. What the Thanatos has is an AI specifically designed to coordinate fire from a total fleet, much in the same way that Cortana has intrusion software that is not standard to every UNSC AI.

#11 new_ray

new_ray

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:02 AM

i see your reasoning unikraken, totally makes sense. If my suggestion were to be added( which i now know it cant because the game engine cant handle it), it would unbalanced the game, and you guys have been working your hardest to keep it balanced. I just thought it would be sweet to get the mod as close as possible to the books.

#12 CanadaMan7

CanadaMan7

Commander-in-Chief

• Administrators
  • 1,247 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:31 AM

it would unbalanced the game

Yeah, remember that we ultimately want the UNSC to get murdered in nearly every engagement. Or at least make them Pyrrhic victories.

yLM4TEk.png

#13 Guest_Golly_*

Guest_Golly_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:52 AM

murdered in nearly every engagement.

Canada, pls ;_;

#14 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:23 AM

Assume there is an AI on board every ship

what if you had a research line for "Smart AIs" that incresed rate of fire, repair rate, etc.?
  • Commander Jbug and JIMBOkye like this

#15 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts
  • Steam:sloosecannon
  • LocationThis dimension (right now...)

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:36 AM

what if you had a research line for "Smart AIs" that incresed rate of fire, repair rate, etc.?

Hmmm... that's possible... Thoughts uni or Canada?
#define true false
//happy debugging suckers!!!!!

Notable SOTP forum/Steam chat quotes:

Spoiler

Donate to the forum! https://kd8rho.net/donate

#16 Guest_Golly_*

Guest_Golly_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:46 AM

Ugh.

#17 Despoiler25

Despoiler25

Old Guard

• Inactive Staff
  • 154 posts
  • LocationAboard the Infinity Class UNSC Inquisitor

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:51 AM

I like the idea of more AI related research subjects because the UNSC relies heavily on them for a lot of things.
  • JIMBOkye likes this
Posted ImagePosted Image
Forerunner Cap Rush!
Lover of the Assault Carrier.
One of the "Old" Guard

#18 new_ray

new_ray

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:21 PM

I like the idea of more AI related research subjects because the UNSC relies heavily on them for a lot of things.

I know what would work, for the planets anyway. Just make dumb and smart ai's researchable. And then buildable in the planet's civic menu, the ai's would increase production speeds and resource production. You would see the ai's but they would be there, like when you search your planet, you know you have done it but you didnt really see anything. <--- that was just for clarification :)

The smart ai's would incrase the boost of the dumb ones

#19 Commander Jbug

Commander Jbug

I'm a derp derp.

• Members
  • 272 posts
  • LocationNew York (Bagel Land)

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

This is perfect. We need this.

It seems like when someone creates a new fool-proof solution, someone gives birth to a better fool.

#20 Dhoulmegus

Dhoulmegus

Some Kind of Sorcerer

• Inactive Staff
  • 253 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

Lets say every ship has an AI, and all their abilities are controlled by AIs. The end.
Don't read this signature.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users