haseo yashimora

Petty Officer Second Class

• Banned
  • 323 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:43 PM

we all know what they look like now

Posted Image
Posted Image

but will u guys be replacing 1 or the other or both fighters with the Broadsword?
Posted Image

#2 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts
  • LocationKent, Washington, USA

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:02 PM

Per Halo 4, I'm pretty sure the Broadsword was the multipurpose starfighter the Sabre set out to be, being much better and constructed in large quantities (Infinity was filled with them, enough to leave some at Ivanoff station).
  • IWannaBeAPwnStar likes this

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#3 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

I'm not speaking officially here, but I would like to see broadswords be an ONI-centric upgrade to strikecraft. Generally, anything with shields will be related to UNSC Infinity in the mod.

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#4 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:58 PM

I'm not speaking officially here, but I would like to see broadswords be an ONI-centric upgrade to strikecraft. Generally, anything with shields will be related to UNSC Infinity in the mod.

So what about the Sabre's shielding the two appear to be similar in appearance? ( This is a question don't devour my soul... Please...)
"Japan received freedom so hard it was atomizing." -VDNKh
Spoiler

#5 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:03 PM

What if we included broadswords in the sabre hangar and made them the fighter, with sabres being the bomber? That is unless the broadsword is replacing the sabre entirely.
  • haseo yashimora likes this

#6 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts
  • LocationKent, Washington, USA

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:12 PM

What if we included broadswords in the sabre hangar and made them the fighter, with sabres being the bomber? That is unless the broadsword is replacing the sabre entirely.

I would see it replacing the Longsword, personally... since it does what the Longsword currently does now.
  • haseo yashimora likes this

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#7 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:15 PM

I would see it replacing the Longsword, personally... since it does what the Longsword currently does now.

I could see the broadsword potentially replacing both the longsword and the sabre though since it feels like a combination of the two in some ways. But I dont think it would be a good idea to make the UNSC strikecraft completely broadswords since that would be removing a classic UNSC fighter (the longsword).

#8 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:23 PM

I could see the broadsword potentially replacing both the longsword and the sabre though since it feels like a combination of the two in some ways. But I dont think it would be a good idea to make the UNSC strikecraft completely broadswords since that would be removing a classic UNSC fighter (the longsword).

Well there is always the non-ONI route for research. You'll have the option of one or the other.

#9 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:25 PM

Well there is always the non-ONI route for research. You'll have the option of one or the other.

So, basically, you could research the specific branch and research either the sabre or longsword, with the other branch leading to research for the broadsword?

#10 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • Steam:KhevaKins
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:27 PM

The Broad Sword, as I see it, is the manufactured version of the Sabre. The Sabre was a prototype so why would they continue to use the prototype when they have the Broad Sword. Both the Sabre and the Broad Sword are way better then the Long Sword so why would they continue to use Long Swords if they have these better ships that do a better job. I think the Broad Sword should be a mid game research for ONI only it should either replace both the Sabre and Long Sword or be able to be chosen along side them.
  • Defender0 and MrChipps like this
Spoiler

led203_crashed_0.pngled203.jpg

#11 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:30 PM

So, basically, you could research the specific branch and research either the sabre or longsword, with the other branch leading to research for the broadsword?

So far planned, there will not be two UNSC factions, but there will be a research tree that closes off one branch when you choose the other. One will be ONI tech, the other will be defense industry heavy tech (name pending).

#12 haseo yashimora

haseo yashimora

• Banned
  • 323 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:31 PM

in cannon the broadsword DID replace the longsword in 2557. so i saw go with that idea if u want :)

#13 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:32 PM

So far planned, there will not be two UNSC factions, but there will be a research tree that closes off one branch when you choose the other. One will be ONI tech, the other will be defense industry heavy tech (name pending).

To those who dont know, Sins of a Galactic Empire does this exact thing with their titan research. There is a branched research tree with both ends leading to each of the two titans for the faction. Once you go down one path, the other closes. So, take that idea and apply it to an entire section of research.

#14 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:27 AM

Don't they also have it so that you can move to better strike craft via research?
Spoiler

#15 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:54 AM

In SOGE, You unlock the other strike craft, but you still have your originals. Think of it as ship research but with strikecraft.

#16 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:46 AM

Yah I guess I shouldn't have put the question mark I forgot to look in the mod...
Spoiler

#17 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:51 AM

Yah I guess I shouldn't have put the question mark I forgot to look in the mod...

Thats ok, you had the general idea correct

#18 Fleet ADM. Drian

Fleet ADM. Drian

Waging some sort of War for Terra

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationDeep Space

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:44 AM

Umm... one really good question that no one has answered yet, how are you going to put shields on fighters, the game seems to have a crashing issue everytime I tried to add them to fighters.

#19 haseo yashimora

haseo yashimora

• Banned
  • 323 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:53 AM

Umm... one really good question that no one has answered yet, how are you going to put shields on fighters, the game seems to have a crashing issue everytime I tried to add them to fighters.

lol there not, the game cant be 100% cannon silly =b

#20 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:12 PM

I'm under the impression they can have shields in Rebellion, not in entrenchment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users