#1 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • Steam:KhevaKins
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:37 PM

Well it is that time again. Halo 5 trailer released.

Looks like Chief has got messed up at some point in time. He is still carring Cortana's data chip as dog tags, I found that pretty funny.
Does Chief even wear dog tags? And how would you get them in the field?

Spoiler

led203_crashed_0.pngled203.jpg

#2 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:18 PM

Im interested in why hes wearing a cloak and hood, even with the armor. It doesnt really fit when he can use a cloaking device, and he doesnt exactly need protection from the elements. So why a cloak? lol

#3 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:20 PM

Look at Reach where Gorge gives his to Six. And I would say it is normal to have a momento to "someone" like Cortana she was the closest thing Chief had to a friend.
"Japan received freedom so hard it was atomizing." -VDNKh
Spoiler

#4 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:22 PM

Im interested in why hes wearing a cloak and hood, even with the armor. It doesnt really fit when he can use a cloaking device, and he doesnt exactly need protection from the elements. So why a cloak? lol

His armor is made from titanium (correct me if I'm wrong) so sand would cause unnecessary wear on the armor.
Spoiler

#5 Rovert10

Rovert10

Balance Team

• Mod Staff
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:25 PM

His armor is made from titanium (correct me if I'm wrong) so sand would cause unnecessary wear on the armor.

It's a composite alloy armor I believe. Not just titanium.

Well his armor is already really worn down after fighting for damn long. A little sand isn't going to cause a ton more.

The cloak is just there for dramatic reveal.

#6 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:25 PM

Ill have to look that up myself actually, i dont know what its made out of

#7 D4RKST0RM99

D4RKST0RM99

There's a DarkStorm coming Mr. Canadaman...

• Authorized Playtester
  • 961 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:05 PM

Titanium Alloy Outer Shell: The outer shell of the MJOLNIR armor is comprised of a fairly thick titanium alloy.This alloy is very resilient, can take significant punishment, and is nearly impervious to small arms fire. While enough shots from armor piercing rounds will breach the outer shell, the suit can take a few glancing blows from them without compromising the armor. The outer shell of the all MJOLNIR suits is covered with a refractive coating to help disperse the heat experienced from Covenant energy weapons. However one or two direct hits from any Plasma weapon will compromise the armor plating.

Well, clearly he's on an undisclosed glassed planet (Forerunner/flood war glassed or covenant/human glassed) with a long buried Forerunner starship, perhaps he will use it to travel the galaxy and beat up some bad guys, least thats what I estimated from the trailer hence the "The Journey begins" tagline.

#8 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts
  • LocationKent, Washington, USA

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:11 PM

Halo 5 looks stupid so far. I have absolutely no interest after watching the trailer. With Halo 4 I was mildly interested just to see what 343i was capable of and they delivered a mediocre story with unforgiving characters (aka Sarah Palmer and EVERYONE IN SPARTAN OPS). I honestly would have thrown money at my screen if there was a war going on between Prometheans and the UNSC or the Covenant at least, and four drop pods fall from the sky; the first one out is Chief followed by Fred, Kelly and Linda, and it goes to black as they run into the screen.

Honestly 343i wants to include more of the lore but why is it everytime the expanded universe mentions the last remaining Spartan IIs, they never ever make an appearance? They should have been in Halo 4, at least in the prologue getting ready for battle. Also what baffles me is that the Chief takes off his old armor at the end of Halo 4, why does he have busted up armor? He's on a ship that has literally all types of armor and he keeps that shit? They at least have the materials to fix it. And inb4 "but its his armor, its basically his skin." Well he didn't have problems dumping his Mark V in the trash.

• Kommrad II likes this

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#9 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:26 PM

I am guessing the cloak was protection from the elements. Better having it then not having it.
And 343i isn't including Halo lore in the games. They are just making up new lore, which is annoying. Where are the other Spartan IIs damn it?

Spoiler

#10 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:50 PM

I am guessing the cloak was protection from the elements. Better having it then not having it.
And 343i isn't including Halo lore in the games. They are just making up new lore, which is annoying. Where are the other Spartan IIs damn it?

Just because the aren't seen on Infinity did not mean they weren't there, alternatively ONI or the UNSC may be utilizing their unique qualifications elsewhere.
Spoiler

#11 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts
  • LocationKent, Washington, USA

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:42 PM

Well regardless, I'm not buying Halo 5 anyways. Looks dumb and I'm not going to buy a shit console. Good thing Destiny is on PS4.

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#12 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:33 PM

3edgy5me

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#13 Fleet ADM. Drian

Fleet ADM. Drian

Waging some sort of War for Terra

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationDeep Space

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:47 PM

3edgy5me

I just have to ask what that means?

#14 chiefship

chiefship

Petty Officer First Class

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • LocationLand of the wörk. wörk wörk wörk

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:24 AM

Maybe he was relly annoyed by some stupid jawas and now wear their cloak as a trophy. :) wuhahaha

My face during the Germany:Brazil game 2014

Spoiler

#15 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:33 AM

'javas'

You mean jawas? And still... what?

• Unikraken likes this
Spoiler

#16 chiefship

chiefship

Petty Officer First Class

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • LocationLand of the wörk. wörk wörk wörk

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:43 AM

well, jawas life on tatooine, a sand world, and I always hated them in SW:BF2 (they are everywhere, stupid Mos Eisley)

My face during the Germany:Brazil game 2014

Spoiler

#17 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:49 AM

Well this thread is getting of track rapidly. And it isn't even in the off topic part of off topic :\ .

My theory is that the big forerunner thing is some varient of the war sphinx, mentioned in the Halo Forerunner books.

Spoiler

#18 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:50 AM

Well this thread is getting of track rapidly. And it isn't even in the off topic part of off topic :\ .

My theory is that the big forerunner thing is some varient of the war sphinx, mentioned in the Halo Forerunner books.

I have an idea that adds on to your theory

assuming it is a war sphinx, which is incredibly likely, i think it will be the didacts war sphinx, and it will have the personality imprint of the didact. I think we can all assume what will happen in that situation

#19 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:58 AM

' I think we can all assume what will happen in that situation'

Destruction/ Eradication of all humans yada yada yada. Enter Chief with some form of explosive, end game.

Actually almost every halo game ends with some 'splosions. Halo 1 - Blow up the Pillar and the ring. Halo 3 - Blow up the Ark and the ring. Halo Reach - Blowup a covvie ship. Halo Odst - Mombassa gets blown up (deal with that one. Glassing kind of like blowing up) Halo Wars - Blow up shield world. Halo 4 - Blow up Didact and his ship.
Halo 2 doesn't really end but sets up for the next game. You kind of blow up Tartaus so there is that :/ :) :|  

Spoiler

#20 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:13 AM

With Halo 4 I was mildly interested just to see what 343i was capable of and they delivered a mediocre story with unforgiving characters (aka Sarah Palmer and EVERYONE IN SPARTAN OPS).

Yep, H4 delivered some of the worst characterized protagonists in the history of Halo. Lasky is barely seen in the campaign and does nothing at all ( I remember when Keyes took up a Needler and kicked asses through a Covenant cruiser leading a bunch of marines), and no reaction from the Chief when he sees NEW Spartans? And how did Cortana improved his armour?

I just hope that when 343i stated they were going to do a darker game, they meant a pretty much darker game, and not just a sad Chief hanging around thinking about Cortana.

Now, a question has arised in my mind since they've announced the TV series: WHAT IF everything we know about the Halo Universe will change? What if they'll show us a story from the Innies prospective? Because we've always thought that the UNSC was "the Good", ONI was "the Bad" and the Innies were "the Ugly"; what if the Insurrectionists will become "the Good", the UNSC "the Bad" and ONI "the Ugly"?

BAM, changeover! Do you remember Firefly, or Serenity, the movie?

Think about it.

• ahunter257 likes this

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users