176 replies to this topic

#21 Emberblaque

Emberblaque

Commander

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,356 posts
  • LocationThonotosassa, FL

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:49 PM

Yep, H4 delivered some of the worst characterized protagonists in the history of Halo. Lasky is barely seen in the campaign and does nothing at all ( I remember when Keyes took up a Needler and kicked asses through a Covenant cruiser leading a bunch of marines), and no reaction from the Chief when he sees NEW Spartans? And how did Cortana improved his armour?

I just hope that when 343i stated they were going to do a darker game, they meant a pretty much darker game, and not just a sad Chief hanging around thinking about Cortana.

Now, a question has arised in my mind since they've announced the TV series: WHAT IF everything we know about the Halo Universe will change? What if they'll show us a story from the Innies prospective? Because we've always thought that the UNSC was "the Good", ONI was "the Bad" and the Innies were "the Ugly"; what if the Insurrectionists will become "the Good", the UNSC "the Bad" and ONI "the Ugly"?

BAM, changeover! Do you remember Firefly, or Serenity, the movie?

Think about it.

God bless Sergio Leone, and the Spaghetti Western genre and its inexplicably potent effect upon the Italian culture and its perception of the world.

• sloosecannon and Defender0 like this

#22 Kommrad II

Kommrad II

Ask me about those ship icons.

• Banned
  • 223 posts
  • LocationNEV-AH-DUH

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:40 PM

3edgy5me

Did you just...did you...wow.

"Groovy."

Ask me about those ships icons I owe Unikraken.

#23 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • Steam:KhevaKins
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:08 PM

UNSC was "the Good", ONI was "the Bad" and the Innies were "the Ugly".

I never really characterized ONI as 'bad'. They just did what needed to be done.

Spoiler

led203_crashed_0.pngled203.jpg

#24 CoSSpartan058

CoSSpartan058

Original Badass

• Contributor
  • 241 posts
  • LocationONI Facility, Reach

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:58 PM

I would just like to point out that that trailer did not say anything about Halo 5.  It was called Halo and 343 did NOT call it Halo 5.  They simply said that it is going to be a Halo FPS and that is all.  There is no Halo 5 confirmation.

Posted Image

#25 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:59 PM

I would just like to point out that that trailer did not say anything about Halo 5.  It was called Halo and 343 did NOT call it Halo 5.  They simply said that it is going to be a Halo FPS and that is all.  There is no Halo 5 confirmation.

A 343 dev confirmed it is Halo 5 on twitter.

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#26 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:53 AM

God bless Sergio Leone, and the Spaghetti Western genre and its inexplicably potent effect upon the Italian culture and its perception of the world.

Firefly/Serenity was directed and produced by Joss Whedon. I used that Sergio Leone reference to compensate my lack of english vocabulary. And grammar. And believe me or not, Spaghetti Western is a completely unknown genre for the majority of italians.

I never really characterized ONI as 'bad'. They just did what needed to be done.

They kidnapped 75 6 years old children and replaced them with dying clones. In so doing they saved Humanity, but what they did is unforgivable.

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#27 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:44 AM

You are right but what Uni said.

I understand the trailer know. Chief was wearing the cloak right? Well they made that trailer specifically for E3. It was for suspense. The trailer for Halo 5 was a tease trailer and not an accurate representation of the game. Chiefs covers his face with his hand when the War sphinx (is now war sphinx) ascends. Why? For suspense. He wouldn't need to do that. He did it so they didn't have to reveal it was Chief until the very last second. That is also why the hood just flies back. So stop bagging out on Halo 5 based on one theatrical trailer.

Also just for you information it is snow not sand. So the cloak would help against icing and frost. Snow is different to the vacuum of space so the cloak would help, even if only nominally.

Spoiler

#28 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts
  • LocationKent, Washington, USA

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:45 AM

3edgy5me

Well you can have fun with a shitty game with poor execution if you like. The trailer for Halo 5 just literally made no sense at all. A cloak to protect him from the elements? Did his shields break? A giant Forerunner bird with no exposition? Nothing else to tell us whats going on with the story (not to mention Halo 4 had no transition to Halo 5)? I mean back when Bungie was in charge and did Halo 3, at least you knew what the fuck was happening. Chief is on his way to Earth in Halo 2 and the 2007 E3 trailer had him standing on a cliff as the Covenant are glassing the ground and a giant portal is revealed that is speculated to be the Ark. What's going on in Halo 5? Master Chief is a sand hermit who is depressed his internet girlfriend died and runs into a giant metal bird from out of the ground. Where's his Spartan II compatriots? Where is everyone else? Why is he alone when he is a conscripted soldier? So fucking stupid.

Edit:

I understand the trailer know. Chief was wearing the cloak right? Well they made that trailer specifically for E3. It was for suspense. The trailer for Halo 5 was a tease trailer and not an accurate representation of the game. Chiefs covers his face with his hand when the War sphinx (is now war sphinx) ascends. Why? For suspense. He wouldn't need to do that. He did it so they didn't have to reveal it was Chief until the very last second. That is also why the hood just flies back. So stop bagging out on Halo 5 based on one theatrical trailer.

Seriously? The trailer for any game is supposed to be a representation of what the game is supposed to be like or what's supposed to be in it. I can judge a game based on a shitty trailer all I want. The fact that they got Chief's stoicism wrong in the trailer, as you pointed out, is another reason to not look forward to Halo 5.

• Kommrad II likes this

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#29 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:26 AM

Also just for you information it is snow not sand. So the cloak would help against icing and frost. Snow is different to the vacuum of space so the cloak would help, even if only nominally.

Actually is sand. Look closely. The footspets are clearly sand-ish.

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#30 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:58 AM

Actually is sand. Look closely. The footspets are clearly sand-ish.

No one seems to know what it is. The opinions are split all over the place. I think it is snow because that makes more sense with him wearing the cloak.

Seriously? The trailer for any game is supposed to be a representation of what the game is supposed to be like or what's supposed to be in it. I can judge a game based on a shitty trailer all I want. The fact that they got Chief's stoicism wrong in the trailer, as you pointed out, is another reason to not look forward to Halo 5.

You can't judge the game on one shitty trailer. I admit it was a shitty trailer, seemed kind of rushed. But pretty much the whole point of it was to create suspense all the way up to you seeing the Chief.

And the trailers are supposed to get the word out that there is a game and get people excited about it. Otherwise why do you make live action video game trailers?
  • Defender0 likes this
Spoiler

#31 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:48 AM

No one seems to know what it is. The opinions are split all over the place. I think it is snow because that makes more sense with him wearing the cloak.

I don't think he feels cold in a Mk VI (or Mk VII) MJOLNIR.

Snow, sand or whatelse, the cloak is there just to add suspense, and I must admit I couldn't believe what my eyes were looking at.

#32 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:12 PM

And the trailers are supposed to get the word out that there is a game and get people excited about it. Otherwise why do you make live action video game trailers?

Yeah and I'm not very excited for it because it was a shit trailer. Also it's not live action, it's CGI. There's a difference. ;)

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#33 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:16 PM

Alright, time to for some sense.

Everyone here has the choice to buy halo 5. It is entirely up to you. So, why complain if you wont be getting it?

#34 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Necromancer Supreme, agig did 9/11 2015

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts
  • Steam:Fleet Admiral agigabyte
  • LocationUNSC Skrubtester

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:17 PM

Everyone here has the choice to buy halo 5. It is entirely up to you. So, why complain if you wont be getting it?

And Logic.

WE WILL RIP THEIR SKULLS FROM THEIR SPINES, AND TOSS THEM AWAY, LAUGHIN'!

Oh, I know what the ladies like... -Sarge Johnson

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#35 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:19 PM

You're right, why bother even being a fan of your favorite sci-fi universe because you don't like the way things are going. Your logic is stupid. I can complain because Halo is my absolute favorite game franchise and I hate it when my favorite things get fucked up the ass.

• MrChipps and Kommrad II like this

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#36 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Necromancer Supreme, agig did 9/11 2015

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts
  • Steam:Fleet Admiral agigabyte
  • LocationUNSC Skrubtester

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:28 PM

I will not say anything else because I do not feel like getting Unikrakened. *Sees location* Oh son of a... *RVB Explosion for dramatic effect*  

WE WILL RIP THEIR SKULLS FROM THEIR SPINES, AND TOSS THEM AWAY, LAUGHIN'!

Oh, I know what the ladies like... -Sarge Johnson

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#37 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:34 PM

You're right, why bother even being a fan of your favorite sci-fi universe because you don't like the way things are going. Your logic is stupid. I can complain because Halo is my absolute favorite game franchise and I hate it when my favorite things get fucked up the ass.

Youve implied that you dont want to get an Xbox One, and since it is likely that Halo 5 will be exclusive to that console, why would anyone assume you will be getting it? Also, my statement wasnt aimed at just you, so you dont have to try to be offensive.

#38 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:02 PM

Yeah and I'm not very excited for it because it was a shit trailer. Also it's not live action, it's CGI. There's a difference. ;)

I was just saying trailers aren't supposed to be accurate representations of games, at least not theatrical trailers. They are just supposed to create hype and rarely look like the finished product. I was using live action as an example. Live action trailers always create hype because they look great but aren't necessarily accurate to gameplay. I know the Halo 5 trailer wasn't live action (even if I want it to be)

Also about the Halo 5 Story Ideas thread I was looking at online users and a lot of guest were viewing the thread. Thought they should be redirected here.

• Defender0 likes this
Spoiler

#39 Rovert10

Rovert10

Balance Team

• Mod Staff
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:07 PM

I'll probably just watch the story/campaign on Youtube when it comes out.

#40 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:17 PM

I don't think he feels cold in a Mk VI (or Mk VII) MJOLNIR.

Snow, sand or whatelse, the cloak is there just to add suspense, and I must admit I couldn't believe what my eyes were looking at.

The cloak would help against snow, icing and frost. Arctic conditions are very different to the vacuum of space. I'm not saying it would be a huge difference but it would help. And yes I know the cloak was for suspense, I am just trying to justify it plot wise.

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users