#121 Adrien Victus

Adrien Victus

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Steam:Adrien Victus
  • LocationN Wales

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:05 AM

Woke up hungover and had somehow installed it along with 3 other mods. 2nd best drunken decision ever.

#122 Stephan-338

Stephan-338

Former Lead Playtester

• Inactive Staff
  • 739 posts
  • Steam:Stephan-338
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:04 AM

Woke up hungover and had somehow installed it along with 3 other mods. 2nd best drunken decision ever.

Just curious, what was the best?

Posted Image

#123 Adrien Victus

Adrien Victus

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Steam:Adrien Victus
  • LocationN Wales

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:22 PM

Surfing on top of a jeep before watching my friend fly off of it and into a bush... although i'm not sure if we where sober at that point or not... ah..... fun times

#124 Anthalas9

Anthalas9

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:44 PM

I have been a Sins player since it came out.  My two boys have always been x-box type players, and the Halo games are their fav.  I was trying to get them in to playing RTS games with me and they did so, but it didn't quite grab them like it does me.  On day my oldest said he had found a compromise, it was a Halo mod for Sins.  I was really against mods after some of my really bad experiences with them with Homeworld 2.  But I figured if it gets us playing the same game, I will try it.

Needless to say Sins of the Prophets is what he found.  When the new Sins came out, i didn't care, well that was until SotPs moved to the new engine.  It was almost 3 months before I actually even tried the actual Sins game.  Played about 3 or 4 rounds with it and back to SotPs I went.

We love this mod and the Development team is amazing.  This is hands down the most through, detailed and fully immersive mod i have ever played.  I would be first in line to purchase this game as a stand alone and not just a mod.

Please - EVER FORWARD!!!

• Unikraken, sloosecannon and Cole Protocol like this

#125 Delyruin

Delyruin

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 01:15 AM

I was playing Halo Wars and I thought there was a depressing lack of space ships in the aforementioned game. 

So I googled to see if there was some sorta spaceship and halo combined game and found this.

My immediate response was.....

10711107_720193961392907_283731568727026

Lovely forums btw.

• Unikraken, Unleashed and Stephan-338 like this

#126 Whitehalomango

Whitehalomango

That One White Guy

• White Name
  • 1,141 posts
  • Steam:bluehalomango
  • LocationSydney HighCom Facility Bravo-6

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:19 PM

I found you guys twice. First was a few years ago when I was looking for some pictures of UNSC ships and unknowingly discovered your mod. I think that lead me to the mod page but I payed no attention to it for some reason. Now a year or so later I search Halo mods in an attempt to find something better than Halo Wars. Rediscovered this and instantly bought the game. That then led me here.

• Unikraken likes this

I learn from the past, enjoy the present and look forward to the future.

Remember Off-Topic!

#127 wolfie615

wolfie615

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Steam:http://steamcommunity.com/id/kodasa_sinclair/
  • LocationA magical place with magical charms.

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:51 AM

Mod DB searching for Sins of a Solar empire. I fell in love with this mod the second I downloaded it. With the most recent update... Hoo boy I love it even more. So addictive. I can't wait to see the Covenant built up. With the most recent update the UNSC has officially hit BrokenassOverpoweredfuryfromhell status.

"We're talking about moving objects from point "A" to point "C" by way of point "B". Point "B" being a fold in the space-time continuum."

#128 Azo 'Salcam

Azo 'Salcam

Crewman

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • LocationLooking for Forerunner artifacts...

Posted 10 November 2014 - 01:53 PM

I was looking around for Halo related things, and this mod caught my eyes, and after looking it over (videos and images) and reading what the whole thing was about, I decided to buy sins of a Solar empire: Rebellion as well as the Stellar Phenom dlc.

I did however rage quit when the flood got me, and I had no idea what I was doing ,but after a few days I considered giving the mod another go, turned the flood off, and after a few hours I was enjoying the game a lot! I've been playing and even live-streaming it ever since!

Excellent work here on the mod! though, will there be any updates someday? Just to make it even better? Add the Forerunners in...maybe some more maps (not scenarios, but just maps from say, the normal game, like centrifuge and the like) for variety? Oh and altered history by ensuring Reach didn't' fall to the Covenant.

• Crisiss likes this
Spoiler

Spoilered that gif for ya... -Sloose

#129 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 10 November 2014 - 02:36 PM

I was looking around for Halo related things, and this mod caught my eyes, and after looking it over (videos and images) and reading what the whole thing was about, I decided to buy sins of a Solar empire: Rebellion as well as the Stellar Phenom dlc.

I did however rage quit when the flood got me, and I had no idea what I was doing ,but after a few days I considered giving the mod another go, turned the flood off, and after a few hours I was enjoying the game a lot! I've been playing and even live-streaming it ever since!

Excellent work here on the mod! though, will there be any updates someday? Just to make it even better? Add the Forerunners in...maybe some more maps (not scenarios, but just maps from say, the normal game, like centrifuge and the like) for variety? Oh and altered history by ensuring Reach didn't' fall to the Covenant.

Agreed. We need more actual maps, less scenario stuff.
  • Azo 'Salcam likes this

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#130 Azo 'Salcam

Azo 'Salcam

Crewman

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 02:45 PM

Agreed. We need more actual maps, less scenario stuff.

And more random events? Such as rogue units (like the "Mad Vasari Titan on the loose" sort of deal)? that travel the map?

Spoiler

#131 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 02:46 PM

And more random events? Such as rogue units (like the "Mad Vasari Titan on the loose" sort of deal)? that travel the map?

if you want that, just turn the flood on ;)

#132 Azo 'Salcam

Azo 'Salcam

Crewman

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 02:51 PM

if you want that, just turn the flood on ;)

Ah nah, I'm good  :blink:

In my eyes when the flood is on, its not about killing the other factions, its not about making friends with them, it just turns into a "How long will it take for the flood to eat me?"

Spoiler

#133 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts
  • Steam:sloosecannon
  • LocationThis dimension (right now...)

Posted 08 December 2014 - 07:18 AM

Ah nah, I'm good  :blink:
In my eyes when the flood is on, its not about killing the other factions, its not about making friends with them, it just turns into a "How long will it take for the flood to eat me?"

And that's exactly what we were trying to do
  • Unikraken likes this
#define true false
//happy debugging suckers!!!!!

Notable SOTP forum/Steam chat quotes:

Spoiler

Donate to the forum! https://kd8rho.net/donate

#134 Baneblade

Baneblade

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 11:12 PM

Quite honestly I was bored. After finishing Dragon Age: Inquisition I felt empty, my normal gaming routine wont cut it. For 2 weeks I was like this then suddenly I saw my Sins of the Solar Empire: Rebellion icon and I was tempted to play since I really loved this game (epic battle and stuff) then I decided to look around the modding community and thats where I found this gem of a mod. Been playing ever since. It filled up the void in my soul!

• Unikraken, Cole Protocol and Crisiss like this

#135 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:27 AM

Quite honestly I was bored. After finishing Dragon Age: Inquisition I felt empty, my normal gaming routine wont cut it. For 2 weeks I was like this then suddenly I saw my Sins of the Solar Empire: Rebellion icon and I was tempted to play since I really loved this game (epic battle and stuff) then I decided to look around the modding community and thats where I found this gem of a mod. Been playing ever since. It filled up the void in my soul!

Just wait until the next release, you won't be able to put it down :D

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#136 Baneblade

Baneblade

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 01:57 PM

Just wait until the next release, you won't be able to put it down :D

Hell yeah! Actually in the current version I cant put down my game and I noticed that it is so damned polished (Unlike Dawn of the Reapers which I tried, still waiting for their next release. Its still good though.) and Im so amazed on how they changed it into a fast gameplay which is for me the best iteration of combat for Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion. (Battles were too long, make huge number of ships to sort of be a wall for your army, watch them shoot it out for a long time etc.) Every decision you make in those clashes are critical, 1 mistake like moving your ships too close or moving them while they are clashing it out not making your UNSC ships fire their MAC would be a disaster its important to position them perfectly. Im really looking forward to the next release! The main menu UI looks awesome on moddb and those titans! Sweet sweet infinity! More power to you guys!

• Crisiss likes this

#137 Alexey

Alexey

Crewman Apprentice

• Authorized Playtester
  • 28 posts
  • Steam:{CdC}Chevalier_Alexeï

Posted 28 April 2015 - 05:01 AM

Was looking for a Halo mod on moddb. Found yours, installed it, played it, the flood came, my dam broke  :(

• Unikraken likes this

#138 Korppi

Korppi

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 12:32 AM

ModDB, just through scrolling through the mod list for Sins of a Solar Empire. I'm pretty sure. It may have been a search. It was /definetly/ ModDB though, haha. 

#139 Ghost85100

Ghost85100

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Steam:Ghost85100
  • LocationEverywhere and Nowhere, also the US

Posted 29 April 2015 - 03:56 AM

I bought Sins of a Solar Empire when it was on sale because it looked cool and I had heard of it before... that's about it for the game itself. I had been to Moddb to download ports and mods and the like for Star Wars: Empire At War and Supreme Commander 2 and I wondered if SoaSE had any mods. I looked, and sure enough there was a Halo mod! At this point I was about at the peak of my Halo-loving times and so I immediately downloaded the mod.

As it turns out, I downloaded it last July 20th at like 6:00 AM, and when I came back to Moddb to see what had happened (I had pinned the mod) you guys had updated it... so I was just a bit ecstatic.

• Unikraken, Crisiss and Alexey like this

A truly smart man does not just answer questions, he questions answers.

But this truly smart man is trying to figure out how to implement pictures into his signature, so he must not be that truly smart.

You do know that this font is the same as a Medieval Siege engine, right?

No. You didn't.

#140 Alex_2403

Alex_2403

Crewman Apprentice

• Authorized Playtester
  • 42 posts
  • Steam:Alexx_Treasure
  • LocationCairo Station, Earth Defence Cluster

Posted 09 May 2015 - 02:56 AM

Youtube played a big part in your discovery for me, I watched the XPGamers coverage of STA 3, and then the SotP coverage.

• Unikraken likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users