• Create Account

Photo

How to install the mod. (Updated for Rebellion)

• Please log in to reply
274 replies to this topic

#1 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:54 AM

For Rebellion

First, verify that you have Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion and it's updated to the latest version (1.82 as of this writing)

After verifying you having the right version of the game, go to Options, then Mods, then click "Show Mod Path". You'll be shown the folder where mods go. Close the game.

Navigate to that folder, like you would any other folder you're trying to get to in your computer. If you don't see the AppData folder you'll need to enable seeing hidden folders and files, you can google that part for yourself.

Download the mod if you haven't already: http://www.moddb.com...alpha-v05641800

(Open spoiler for mirrors if ModDB is causing you issues)

Extract/Unzip the file into the Rebellion 1.82 mod folder (C:\Users\**YOURUSERNAME**\Documents\My Games\Ironclad Games\Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion\Mods-Rebellion v1.82)

Reopen the game, go to Options, then Mods, then click the mod in the left box, click enable, click apply. Sling tungsten rounds at a fraction of the speed of light.

Redownload the mod if you follow these instructions and nothing works, or the mod seems to install fine but doesn't change anything. Downloads can become corrupt if your internet connection is subpar.

For Entrenchment

First, verify that you have either Sins of a Solar Empire: Entrenchment or Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity. If you have Trinity, you'll need to select Entrenchment inside the launcher, under the "Select Chapter" option. Select/Run Entrenchment. 

Verify that in the lower right corner on the main menu screen that you're running either 1.053 or 1.055 version of the game. 

After verifying you having the right version of the game, go to Options, then Mods, then click "Show Mod Path". You'll be shown the folder where mods go. Close the game.

Navigate to that folder, like you would any other folder you're trying to get to in your computer. If you don't see the AppData folder you'll need to enable seeing hidden folders and files, you can google that part for yourself.

Now, download the mod here, if you haven't already.

Open the zipped file you downloaded (usually by double clicking it), then drag the folder inside to the location that was shown as the "mod path" and that you were previously instructed to go to.

Reopen the game, go to Options, then Mods, then click the mod in the left box, click enable, click apply. Sling tungsten rounds at a fraction of the speed of light.

• CanadaMan7, Emberblaque, sloosecannon and 6 others like this

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#2 D4RKST0RM99

D4RKST0RM99

There's a DarkStorm coming Mr. Canadaman...

• Authorized Playtester
  • 961 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:48 PM

Very insiteful, mind if I borrow this, was gonna try a mock up of an early SOTP Instruction manual? make a nice first page.

#3 CanadaMan7

CanadaMan7

Commander-in-Chief

• Administrators
  • 1,247 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:58 PM

Nice pin.

• Battalionwars likes this

yLM4TEk.png

#4 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:21 PM

Very insiteful, mind if I borrow this, was gonna try a mock up of an early SOTP Instruction manual? make a nice first page.

Sure, might need to be cleaned up.

Nice pin.

Yeah, finally got tired of all the dull PMs.

#5 hmlegarreta

hmlegarreta

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:03 AM

Hi, i just recently got the Mod but to my sadness i cannot seem to find the location of the Entrenchment Mod Folder, these are the steps i take. Open Steam. Right Click, open properties. Select ''Local Files''.  I do see AppData however this certain path folder is not to be found, and scrolling down reveals nothing either just the game applications to run Entrenchment & Trinity, i also searched the folder manually but the computer says there is no such file in records. I did enable ''show hidden folders''. Please help me.... im running windows 8 so idk if it's just my computer being an asshole to me lol

#6 Rovert10

Rovert10

Balance Team

• Mod Staff
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:12 AM

C:\Users\Name\AppData\Local\Ironclad Games\Sins of a Solar Empire\Mods-Entrenchment v1.055

If the folder isn't there. Run Entrenchment and go to mods to click show modpath. Then try to find it again.

• Unikraken likes this

#7 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:31 AM

Hi, i just recently got the Mod but to my sadness i cannot seem to find the location of the Entrenchment Mod Folder, these are the steps i take. Open Steam. Right Click, open properties. Select ''Local Files''.  I do see AppData however this certain path folder is not to be found, and scrolling down reveals nothing either just the game applications to run Entrenchment & Trinity, i also searched the folder manually but the computer says there is no such file in records. I did enable ''show hidden folders''. Please help me.... im running windows 8 so idk if it's just my computer being an asshole to me lol

Did you go into Sins and click the "show mod path" button? That creates the folder if it doesn't already exist.

#8 hmlegarreta

hmlegarreta

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:33 AM

C:\Users\Name\AppData\Local\Ironclad Games\Sins of a Solar Empire\Mods-Entrenchment v1.055

If the folder isn't there. Run Entrenchment and go to mods to click show modpath. Then try to find it again.

If you read my post... you'd know that i did that and nothing, i even uninstalled the game completely alongside Rebellion and installed only Trinity & Entrenchment and the folder still does not show up.....

#9 hmlegarreta

hmlegarreta

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:34 AM

Did you go into Sins and click the "show mod path" button? That creates the folder if it doesn't already exist.

Yes, on multiple occasions and still nothing, i'm either a complete retard or my computer is just fucking with me hahahaha.

#10 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:36 AM

If that directory isn't there you'll have to create it manually. At which point in the follow through do the folders stop? "C:\Users\Name\AppData\Local\Ironclad Games\Sins of a Solar Empire\" ? or earlier?

#11 hmlegarreta

hmlegarreta

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:38 AM

If that directory isn't there you'll have to create it manually. At which point in the follow through do the folders stop? "C:\Users\Name\AppData\Local\Ironclad Games\Sins of a Solar Empire\" ? or earlier?

I searched that bit you just posted and no, not even that small chain is found..... :'(

When i had Rebellion Installed every single folder was there for Rebellion.. but not for Trinity & Entrenchment :/

#12 Rovert10

Rovert10

Balance Team

• Mod Staff
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:40 AM

So what you don't even have a Local folder in your Appdata folder?

You arn't giving us enough details to help here.

Just add me on Steam or something - Rovert10. I'll help you there.

#13 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:42 AM

I searched that bit you just posted and no, not even that small chain is found..... :'(

When i had Rebellion Installed every single folder was there for Rebellion.. but not for Trinity & Entrenchment :/

When you say search are you typing something into a search bar?

I'm telling you to manually explore that string of folders until you hit a stopping point. Can you still open up your C drive in Windows 8?

#14 hmlegarreta

hmlegarreta

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:42 AM

This is what shows up when i select ''Browse Local Files''

Computer > Local Disk (C:) > Program Files (x86) > Steam > steamapps > common > Sins of a Solar Empire Trinity

#15 Rovert10

Rovert10

Balance Team

• Mod Staff
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:43 AM

That's not even the right folder to look into... Look at your users folder.

You're completely off the mark.

#16 hmlegarreta

hmlegarreta

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:48 AM

OMG!!!! Windows 8 i hate you!!!

This is what i did

*Opens User Folder*

*App Data*

*Ironclad Games*

Windows 8: ''Multiple Files have been created, please authorize''

*Clicked Authorized*

.....The folder shows up.....

Fuck Windows 8 lol I FOUND THE FOLDER!!!

Thank you GUYS!!!!!!

#17 hmlegarreta

hmlegarreta

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:50 AM

That's not even the right folder to look into... Look at your users folder.

You're completely off the mark.

Thank you so much for your input, very appreciated. I also added you on Steam if you'd give me that chance ^_^. Have a great day!!!

#18 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Yeah, nowhere in our posts here ever told you to check out anything in the steam folders. Glad this could be resolved.

#19 hmlegarreta

hmlegarreta

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 8 posts

When you say search are you typing something into a search bar?

I'm telling you to manually explore that string of folders until you hit a stopping point. Can you still open up your C drive in Windows 8?

Thank you so much for your input, very appreciate really :D

#20 Rovert10

Rovert10

Balance Team

• Mod Staff
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:53 PM

Maybe we need a picture guide for people.

• Unikraken and JasonAHawkins like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users