43 replies to this topic

#1 Kevik70

Kevik70

The Infinity Idea Guy

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • LocationFolor Base

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:59 AM

So on initial praise and what not from yesterdays Infinity post I have decided to spends a chunk of today working a similar page for a potential Covie Titan.

So unlike the Humans which only had one Titan class vessel the Covenant have Several Large Capital Types ships, so picking the best one will be a challenge.

http://www.halopedia.org/Covenant_Navy

CAS- Class Assault Carrier - This is one of the Smallest Covenant Super Ships, standing at 5,000ish meters it is nearly identical in size to the UNSC Infinity. Unfortunately looking at screenshots from one of the other topics on these forums this ship is already in-game as a capital ship, presumably as an counter part to the Thermopylae Super Carrier in the UNSC . - Just Confirmed this will be the Titan for the Covie, unless they want to add that made up ship instead, and keep this as a capital.

plot device- Class Super Carrier - This is effectively the Assault Carrier scaled up to 29,000 meters, thats 6 times the size. Certainly a powerful ship worthy of the titan role, but perhaps just too big for any hope of a balanced or even smooth gameplay. Also I have read somewhere that the Modders don't plan on addind this ship to the game. JUST TOO UNBALANCED!

Unyielding Hierophant - Same size as the super carrier and probably not going to be added for the same reasons. JUST TOO UNBALANCED!

So as you can see we are at quite a dilemma for finding just the right ship for the Covie Titan slot. We can either jut take the Assault Carrier or we can just make something up, I am pretty sure that's how some UNSC ships were made at least in design so why not the Covie Titan as well?

CSA- Class Heavy Assault Carrier (Completely made up by yous truly thank you very much) - Cause why not, this is effectively just a larger version of the Assault carrier but smaller than the Super Carrier, since its made up we can make any size value we want, say 6,000-9,000 meters? Besides there is alot of stuff not known about the Covenant Navy, this could have been, say a prototype or only one was made at it went rouge or crashed or something.....

Weapons: Energy Projector, Plasma Turrets and Pulse lasers, same as any other covie capital ship.

CSC - Class Assault Dreadnought (Completely made up by me) - An Up-scaled version of the CCS Batlecruiser in some way or another. Would be 6,000-7,000 meters and would support many plasma turrets and at least 2 energy projectors.

Abilities and Upgrades

Fortunately I can still create abilities even though I don't know what ship is going to be used. Most likely the CAS now

I think think the best abilities on this ship should emphasis: That its a command ship, Its powerful, and somewhat that its good a glassing planets.

Coordinated Bombardment/ We are their Instrument - Grants all Covenant Ships in the area temporary planet bombing damage, allowing for all heathens to be wiped out quicker

Energy Projector Beam - The main weapon on every Covenant Capital Ship, but more powerful, this has the ability to destroy enemy ships at extreme range with ease.

By the Will of the Prophets -  The destruction of these infidels is the will of the Prophets, all ships in the Covenant fleet are to give nothing but their best. (Grants fleet Wide buffs to weapon cool downs, and repair rates)(Kinda similar to Infinity's ability so not sure I want them too alike each other)

Huragok Engineering Teams - These Organic Super Computers are let loose aboard the ship fixing anything and everything they touch, allowing this ship to survive even the most crippling blows (Instant hp boost and dramatically increased hp repair rate /shield restore rate)

Power to Shields - Power is diverted into shielding units all over the ship dramatically boosting recharge rates and effectively making the ship invincible. (Sounds alot like other si fi universes so a rename might be nice.)

Plasma Salvo - This devastating barrage of molten plasma brings destruction to all those who defy the Covenant. (Multi target weapon or does AoE damage with the first being perfered.)

Improved Plasma Containment - Allows for more plasma to be added into every shot improving damage upon impact. (weapons Buff)

Reactive Shielding - New Shielding Units are added to respond quicker to incoming damage, reducing loss shield power per hit as well as adding additional strength to the shields (Improves Shield restoration, Migration, and Base Shield Points)

Enhanced Reactors - Improvements to the power systems allow for quicker production of antimatter used to power the ship and its abilities. (Antimater Base Boost and restore rates)

Ability picking Attempt 1

Okay This is my first attempt at picking Abilities (The hard Part)/ Upgrades (Easy Part)  for the Titan, lets see what you guys think. I was going for a ship that will go in balls deep and destroy everything.

Spoiler

For Comparison This what I currently have for the UNSC's Titan Infinity. Unfortunately it seems to be a mix of sniper (overcharge) and close quarters fighting (S4BP) so that may need some tweaking.

Spoiler

Covenant Titan Phrases - Cause why not.  - http://halo.wikia.co...angheili/Quotes

"Your Destruction is the will of the gods, and we are their instrument"

"They outnember us, three to one" "Then it is an even fight. All cruisers fire at will. Burn their mongrel hides."

"Erase the stain of their Existence"

"

More to Come I currently Have some stuff to do now though!

#2 MrChipps

MrChipps

Having a beer with Colonel Jack O'Neill

• Contributor
  • 789 posts
  • LocationThe Commonwealth wasteland

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:38 AM

It has already been decided that the Assault Carrier will be the covie titan.

Also, never mention the plot device- Class Plot Device or ye might summon ye Kraken of infinite dimensons. And let me tell you boyo, that is one interdimensional rift that will ruin your day and devour your soul.

• sloosecannon and JasonAHawkins like this
Sweden can into gender!

#3 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:58 AM

plot device- Class Super Carrier - This is effectively the Assault Carrier scaled up to 29,000 meters, thats 6 times the size. Certainly a powerful ship worthy of the titan role, but perhaps just too big for any hope of a balanced or even smooth gameplay. Also I have read somewhere that the Modders don't plan on addind this ship to the game.

Spoiler

On a serious note, I believe you have great imagination and you will bring some interesting ideas to the forum and the Mod team. However, all of yours ideas are unattainable, except maybe for your personal imagined ship.

Keep up with the suggestions.

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#4 Kevik70

Kevik70

The Infinity Idea Guy

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • LocationFolor Base

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:42 AM

Spoiler

On a serious note, I believe you have great imagination and you will bring some interesting ideas to the forum and the Mod team. However, all of yours ideas are unattainable, except maybe for your personal imagined ship.

Keep up with the suggestions.

Ya, I read before you already nixed the Super, which is why I explained it would just be too hard to add and really wouldn't be balanced compared to the Infinity.

Hope your referring to the ship ideas and not the abilities ideas  :P

#5 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:57 AM

Ya, I read before you already nixed the Super, which is why I explained it would just be too hard to add and really wouldn't be balanced compared to the Infinity.

Hope your referring to the ship ideas and not the abilities ideas  :P

I'm referring to everything. You're suggesting stuff, and wether it is possible or not to do it, it's what this Mod needs: suggestions and feedback. You're helping the Mod right now.

• Emberblaque and Defender0 like this

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#6 Kevik70

Kevik70

The Infinity Idea Guy

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • LocationFolor Base

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:03 AM

I'm referring to everything. You're suggesting stuff, and wether it is possible or not to do it, it's what this Mod needs: suggestions and feedback. You're helping the Mod right now.

Well thank you, I will keep it up. I am trying to keep things within the modders limits, or within reach anyways.

#7 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts
  • Steam:sloosecannon
  • LocationThis dimension (right now...)

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:59 AM

Lol saw the thread title... I figured we'd have a CSO class question...

Annyways...

So the plan as I last heard it was to have the CAS be the Titan class for the Covenant. This is mainly because the mod is set after the Great Schism, when the Covenant Empire is weakened and low on ships. Also, it's just ridiculous to be running around with 16 CAS Class Assault Carriers...

#define true false
//happy debugging suckers!!!!!

Notable SOTP forum/Steam chat quotes:

Spoiler

Donate to the forum! https://kd8rho.net/donate

#8 Rovert10

Rovert10

Balance Team

• Mod Staff
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:36 AM

Lol saw the thread title... I figured we'd have a plot device class question...

Annyways...

So the plan as I last heard it was to have the CAS be the Titan class for the Covenant. This is mainly because the mod is set after the Great Schism, when the Covenant Empire is weakened and low on ships. Also, it's just ridiculous to be running around with 16 CAS Class Assault Carriers...

I have to say that having this giant Great Schism would be impossible without maintaining 2 separate mods. The work and effort to maintain and balance 2 mods atm is impossible. If we were to do in one mod, we would be stripping Covenant their shielding so current balance is thrown in a complete and utter wash. 

I maintain the belief that the Covenant shouldn't get a Titan.

The point of games like SoaSE is that you build the story/campaign.

We aren't Halo in its full and glorious cannon. In reality the UNSC should have no chance in hell to win any games in this mod if we were going full cannon interpretation. Hell we already have fannon ships. If you're so pressed to make a Covenant Titan, make a fannon ship.

I think people need to throw away the idea that we have to follow the Halo timeline. The timeline in this mod should blend together in a smooth motion. Timelines will be mixed. Gameplay over Cannon. The sacrifices that must be made.

#9 Kevik70

Kevik70

The Infinity Idea Guy

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • LocationFolor Base

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:02 PM

I have to say that having this giant Great Schism would be impossible without maintaining 2 separate mods. The work and effort to maintain and balance 2 mods atm is impossible. If we were to do in one mod, we would be stripping Covenant their shielding so current balance is thrown in a complete and utter wash. 

I maintain the belief that the Covenant shouldn't get a Titan.

The point of games like SoaSE is that you build the story/campaign.

We aren't Halo in its full and glorious cannon. In reality the UNSC should have no chance in hell to win any games in this mod if we were going full cannon interpretation. Hell we already have fannon ships. If you're so pressed to make a Covenant Titan, make a fannon ship.

I think people need to throw away the idea that we have to follow the Halo timeline. The timeline in this mod should blend together in a smooth motion. Timelines will be mixed. Gameplay over Cannon. The sacrifices that must be made.

Yep, I agree. Balanced and fun gameplay should be main focus, the plot device and other Covie Super Ships are just way to unbalanced. I also have a rather slow computer and I would hate to see the frame rate of any ship that large. The Covenant should get a titan however even for gameplay sakes, even if its only the CAS.

#10 Kevik70

Kevik70

The Infinity Idea Guy

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • LocationFolor Base

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:09 PM

Lol saw the thread title... I figured we'd have a plot device class question...

Annyways...

Lol, The topic I was going for was for the CAS as the titan, since I already new the plot device was out of the equation. Actually after researching the plot device I don't want it in the equation either, way too large. :o  

But since I saw that the CAS might have been just a capital ship I needed to change the thread at least until I had more info on the planing of the mod. Unfortunately the covie didn't have anything know in the middle so I just made something yup, which would allow CASs as capital ships while having something even more powerful available for the titan slot.  Beside I think 16 CAS Carriers is way less ridiculous than 1 plot device or High Charity for goodness sakes.

• Defender0 likes this

#11 Rovert10

Rovert10

Balance Team

• Mod Staff
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:11 PM

Seems really shoehorned in for the CAS to be a Titan. The CAS works fine as a regular Capital Ship.

#12 Kevik70

Kevik70

The Infinity Idea Guy

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • LocationFolor Base

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:38 PM

Seems really shoehorned in for the CAS to be a Titan. The CAS works fine as a regular Capital Ship.

Which is why I now Suggest the CSA- Class Heavy Assault Carrier and completely made up ship that will look just like the CAS but bigger.

Heck you could even leave it as the same size just have new abilities, more hit points and more weapons  :D

#13 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts
  • Steam:sloosecannon
  • LocationThis dimension (right now...)

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:41 PM

CAS but bigger.

CAS but bigger.
CAS but bigger.
CAS but bigger.
CAS but bigger.
CAS but bigger.
CAS but bigger.
CAS but bigger.

HReach-CovenantSupercarrier-LNoS-transpa
CURSE YOU BUNGIEEEEEEEEEEE!
  • Emberblaque, Despoiler25, Defender0 and 7 others like this
#define true false
//happy debugging suckers!!!!!

Notable SOTP forum/Steam chat quotes:

Spoiler

Donate to the forum! https://kd8rho.net/donate

#14 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:08 PM

Nerfing Covie shields? Has everyone forgotten about the Arbiter and Sanghelios? Or any other number of frontier worlds, like the one found by Jul 'Mdama? Surely there must be other worlds owned by them, other factions within the Sangheili empire.

Just because we move to post Halo 4 doesn't mean the only human enemy is the Didact's Hand.

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#15 Faced

Faced

The Baddest of Bad, Plus a Modeller

• Mod Staff
  • -537 posts
  • Steam:Faced
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:43 PM

Nerfing Covie shields? Has everyone forgotten about the Arbiter and Sanghelios? Or any other number of frontier worlds, like the one found by Jul 'Mdama? Surely there must be other worlds owned by them, other factions within the Sangheili empire.

Just because we move to post Halo 4 doesn't mean the only human enemy is the Didact's Hand.

Yes, and there might be some Covies left, that haven't been up to date with current events.

FacedKylee117_blue_0.png

#16 con7con

con7con

Authorized Playtester

• Contributor
  • 260 posts
  • Steam:Con7con
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:40 PM

Just skimmed the thread but what about that large ship in the Halo: Fall of Reach book, it was described as having a turret on top allowing it to snipe ships from a large distance.

Spoiler

#17 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:44 PM

Just skimmed the thread but what about that large ship in the Halo: Fall of Reach book, it was described as having a turret on top allowing it to snipe ships from a large distance.

supercruiser, capitalship already in game

• con7con likes this

#18 Bornstellaris

Bornstellaris

The Winter Soldier

• Mod Staff
  • 1,533 posts
  • Steam:Bornstellaris
  • LocationCivil War

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:51 PM

Couldn't we just make a super carrier design of our own?

• CanadaMan7 likes this

"But I knew him" 

- Bucky Barnes

Spoiler

#19 CanadaMan7

CanadaMan7

Commander-in-Chief

• Administrators
  • 1,247 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:29 PM

Couldn't we just make a super carrier design of our own?

^fucking this. Why are we doing a Bungie cop-out and making the Covie Titan an Assault Carrier?

• Defender0, Bornstellaris, CoSSpartan058 and 1 other like this

yLM4TEk.png

#20 CoSSpartan058

CoSSpartan058

Original Badass

• Contributor
  • 241 posts
  • LocationONI Facility, Reach

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:05 PM

^fucking this. Why are we doing a Bungie cop-out and making the Covie Titan an Assault Carrier?

Agreed, we did this for a good amount of the UNSC ships and I see no reason why we can't get the creative minds on a covie titan.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users