#1 Faced

Faced

The Baddest of Bad, Plus a Modeller

• Mod Staff
  • -537 posts
  • Steam:Faced
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:54 PM

I was thinking for the UNSC ships. When they get destroyed. A new effect of lifepods launching before the actual things blows up.

Just and idea

FacedKylee117_blue_0.png

#2 Dianno5741

Dianno5741

Chief Petty Officer

• Members
  • 581 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:42 AM

Only issue is with so many other effects itd cause more strain. 60 ships doing that effect .... it's a good idea though.

bDNWw7L.png

#3 Lavo

Lavo

Grand Master Modder/Design Lead

• Mod Staff
  • 713 posts
  • LocationNot Uni's Basement

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:48 AM

This can be done, just to confirm.

#4 psdt

psdt

Crewman

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationNM

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:49 AM

I have no specific quarel with life pods, but it'd also be cool to just do a custom particle effect for each type of ships death. Well not each type, but for each faction. Covenant gets a blue/purple ish explosion and debris. UNSC gets white/yellow explosion and more human ish debris. But life pods would be cool too. I just wish i knew how to create particle effects. I'd be doin it my self lol

#5 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:14 AM

We have considered doing more for the debries and the explosions they are on the back burner for now though.
"Japan received freedom so hard it was atomizing." -VDNKh
Spoiler

#6 D4RKST0RM99

D4RKST0RM99

There's a DarkStorm coming Mr. Canadaman...

• Authorized Playtester
  • 961 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 25 December 2013 - 02:19 PM

Just realised a contridiction in the canon, I vaguely remember from the older books that its was difficult to capture covenant ships, they'd never retreat and if they risked capture they self destruct the ship- no escape pods, no survivors, just like the covies to stay and fight to the death yet in Halo Legends : The Package the Carrier has at least a bank of escape pods and one is used by MC and co. It was quite rare for the UNSC to pick up covie survivors bar one noted instance in Halo Genesis one wounded Elite is recovered.

#7 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts
  • Steam:sloosecannon
  • LocationThis dimension (right now...)

Posted 25 December 2013 - 09:26 PM

Just realised a contridiction in the canon, I vaguely remember from the older books that its was difficult to capture covenant ships, they'd never retreat and if they risked capture they self destruct the ship- no escape pods, no survivors, just like the covies to stay and fight to the death yet in Halo Legends : The Package the Carrier has at least a bank of escape pods and one is used by MC and co. It was quite rare for the UNSC to pick up covie survivors bar one noted instance in Halo Genesis one wounded Elite is recovered.

It's possible the pods were there for non-combat related problems - if the... umm... plasma containment core faile... no that's Star Trek. Umm... well, if their ship somehow became incapable of sustaining life rapidly. Like, hit by an asteroid or something...
  • Defender0, D4RKST0RM99 and Lavo like this
#define true false
//happy debugging suckers!!!!!

Notable SOTP forum/Steam chat quotes:

Spoiler

Donate to the forum! https://kd8rho.net/donate

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users