13 replies to this topic

#1 Hageshii01

Hageshii01

Crewman

• Authorized Playtester
  • 125 posts
  • LocationOver in that Battlecruiser, and that one, and that one, and-

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:48 AM

This question can probably be answered by one of the devs in one post.

In the Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle-Earth (II) there was the ability to turn off team colors entirely  I think you might have had to go into the game files and change something there, but you could effectively turn off team/player colors so that units were just based on whatever color they would be in the actual lore.  Nazgul, for example, would not have colorful markings to denote teams; they would just look like regular Nazgul with their base colors. 

See this

Spoiler

versus this.

Spoiler

Is there an option within the game settings to do this, or would it be possible to include some sort of option for this?  Perhaps include a color for each faction which represents the closest option to "true" colors we have?

#2 Moustachio86

Moustachio86

UniMinion

• Contributor
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:00 AM

There are multiple ones. I think the main one to remove model changes is called team mesh colours in effects options.

But.

If you're looking to post in screenshot galleries, Unikraken actually requested we keep the colours on, as it gives a bit of vibrancy to otherwise relatively monochrome models.
  • MrChipps likes this

#3 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • Steam:KhevaKins
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:13 AM

There are multiple ones. I think the main one to remove model changes is called team mesh colours in effects options.

But.

If you're looking to post in screenshot galleries, Unikraken actually requested we keep the colours on, as it gives a bit of vibrancy to otherwise relatively monochrome models.

I thought he said for covvie shots keep them on, preferably purple, but for UNSC have them off.
  • Dianno5741 likes this
Spoiler

led203_crashed_0.pngled203.jpg

#4 Moustachio86

Moustachio86

UniMinion

• Contributor
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:04 AM

Quote from Unikraken, 12 Dec 2013 in screenshot gallery:

"Guys go ahead and turn on team colors. Things look more vibrant. Also, Faced, look around our social media platforms, you're a star today."

Didn't really clarify, I've just taken it to mean for all ships.

#5 Hageshii01

Hageshii01

Crewman

• Authorized Playtester
  • 125 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:42 AM

But.

I believe I have seen this option but never noticed a change.  Am I meant to have that option checked or not-checked?  And noted on the screenshots; I'll keep it in mind.

#6 Moustachio86

Moustachio86

UniMinion

• Contributor
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:52 AM

I believe I have seen this option but never noticed a change. Am I meant to have that option checked or not-checked? And noted on the screenshots; I'll keep it in mind.

There's a couple all with similar names, I may not have named it correctly; I'll try and find the right one when I get home.

Checked will add the colours. Whether that's what you want or not is unclear but I'd say yes, keep it on.

#7 Hageshii01

Hageshii01

Crewman

• Authorized Playtester
  • 125 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:23 AM

There's a couple all with similar names, I may not have named it correctly; I'll try and find the right one when I get home.

Checked will add the colours. Whether that's what you want or not is unclear but I'd say yes, keep it on.

Okay.  If you're able to give me an exact name later on that'd be swell.

#8 Moustachio86

Moustachio86

UniMinion

• Contributor
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:45 AM

It's under effects, top set of boxes, in the shorter column. 'Show mesh team colours'. As I say, I'd advise leaving it on for now but for realistic screenshots turn it off. 

• Hageshii01 likes this

#9 insaene

insaene

Master of the Insane(You! Yeah YOU!!)

• Contributor
  • 645 posts
  • LocationIn your mind, eating your sanity

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:57 AM

Btw are the models used in rebellion less detailed than before

Dwarf.png

It takes a dwarf to use magma for snow shoveling

Only in Dwarf Fortress would you try to catch a mermaid to butcher her and make trophies out of her bones

#10 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts
  • Steam:sloosecannon
  • LocationThis dimension (right now...)

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:56 AM

Nope. The textures might(?) be (Don't remember if we did that before or after the last entrenchment release) for performance reasons...
#define true false
//happy debugging suckers!!!!!

Notable SOTP forum/Steam chat quotes:

Spoiler

Donate to the forum! https://kd8rho.net/donate

#11 CanadaMan7

CanadaMan7

Commander-in-Chief

• Administrators
  • 1,247 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:48 PM

Models are as detailed as ever. We did compress the textures a bit though so your CPU doesn't shit itself when it tries to load SotP.

yLM4TEk.png

#12 insaene

insaene

Master of the Insane(You! Yeah YOU!!)

• Contributor
  • 645 posts
  • LocationIn your mind, eating your sanity

Posted 20 December 2013 - 03:02 PM

Models are as detailed as ever. We did compress the textures a bit though so your CPU doesn't shit itself when it tries to load SotP.

i7 Bring it on

Dwarf.png

It takes a dwarf to use magma for snow shoveling

Only in Dwarf Fortress would you try to catch a mermaid to butcher her and make trophies out of her bones

#13 Emberblaque

Emberblaque

Commander

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,356 posts
  • LocationThonotosassa, FL

Posted 20 December 2013 - 03:32 PM

We did actually bring down the texture size before the first public release. In fact we increased them back to 2048 x 2048 for the capitals again.

#14 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts
  • Steam:sloosecannon
  • LocationThis dimension (right now...)

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:06 PM

We did actually bring down the texture size before the first public release. In fact we increased them back to 2048 x 2048 for the capitals again.

So that was before it? Gotcha.

#define true false
//happy debugging suckers!!!!!

Notable SOTP forum/Steam chat quotes:

Spoiler

Donate to the forum! https://kd8rho.net/donate

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users