• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 JerkyNero

JerkyNero

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:15 PM

Hi, I'm new to the forums and I had a suggestion that I thought would be awesome and would bring in a big aspect from the Halo games into this mod. I don't know if this has been suggested before (I did look through a few pages though), and I know the developers have their hands full and are resting after the Covenant implementation, but what about forerunner structures, or even the Halo rings? I know the rings may seem far fetched because you'd have to design it and etc and there'd be the debate if they would be able to fire or not, but it's just a suggestion. Please, tell me what you think and if it'd be possible or not! Thanks. 

#2 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

Banned user who criticised terrorists

• Members
  • 3,455 posts
  • LocationANGLIA BRUV, HOME TO THE PRODIGY, NON CRIMINAL GANGSTAS AND FARMERS

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:21 PM

By forerunner structures do you mean a grav well type affair or structures for the forerunners.

And i think dianno will cry at your suggestion of a halo ring.

• Metanator and Cole Protocol like this

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#3 Bornstellaris

Bornstellaris

The Winter Soldier

• Mod Staff
  • 1,533 posts
  • Steam:Bornstellaris
  • LocationCivil War

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:33 PM

Currently there are 2 Forerunner structures ingame. The one that surrounds the wormholes and the neutral mining facilities. As far as I'm aware, these will be the only two that will exist outside of the Forerunner faction.
  • Unikraken likes this

"But I knew him" 

- Bucky Barnes

Spoiler

#4 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:52 PM

Currently there are 2 Forerunner structures ingame. The one that surrounds the wormholes and the neutral mining facilities. As far as I'm aware, these will be the only two that will exist outside of the Forerunner faction.

For the time being.

• Bornstellaris likes this

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#5 JerkyNero

JerkyNero

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:21 PM

For the time being.

What other kind of structures do you anticipate to see? :o

#6 Dianno5741

Dianno5741

Chief Petty Officer

• Members
  • 581 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:35 PM

Halo rings I dont mind the suggestion. honestly if i could implement them via easter egg I would because, lets get real, its Halo. The halo rings are a huge part of that franchise. As actual structures go? I could get with the design team and figure out if somehow a Halo installation could make its way to the game, unlikely that it would actually have the ZOMG YOUR ALL DEAD! firing effect but its an idea.

• Demosthenes and HolyMith like this

bDNWw7L.png

#7 Cole Protocol

Cole Protocol

Balancing Coder - Particle Effects Artist

• Mod Staff
  • 1,390 posts
  • Steam:Cole Protocol
  • LocationSpirit of Fire, chilling with the Enduring Conviction.

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:14 PM

While this topic is still not old and buried, Figured id post this here to avoid a whole new thread

Maybe some Floating docking towers from halo wars (centurions, but not active) but they could not be activated. Instead they just are sitting in a Magnetic storm or something.

#8 FrostWyrmWraith

FrostWyrmWraith

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:02 PM

Could always put a Halo ring in as a replacement to Flood planets. After all, Guilty Spark lost contact with the other Halos and as we saw, at least one of them was partially overrun. 

• D4RKST0RM99 likes this

#9 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:21 PM

The simplest way to add them is to make them a particle effect that goes around a gas giant  that does absolutely nothing.

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#10 wickedwilliam

wickedwilliam

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:55 PM

Would be pretty cool to see the halo floating around a planet, we have never really seen much Forerunner space installations, apart from reading about them in books :')

#11 D4RKST0RM99

D4RKST0RM99

There's a DarkStorm coming Mr. Canadaman...

• Authorized Playtester
  • 961 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:05 PM

How about something similar to the forerunner slipspace portal generator, the halo ring would be wrapped around the grav well, then have a small part of it say... the sentinel factory you'd need to capture, this would then unlock its fireing mechanism, similar to the novalith cannon from vanilla sins you would use it to target planets, this would fit with Halo canon as the original 12 halos were only able to fire in a single line instead of the later, smaller model that generated an expanding wave in all directions (that model would be a game ender for everyone.) this would give the factions a goal to work towards as they fight over who controls the ring (sort of fits Keyes original theory of what halo was).

• haseo yashimora likes this

#12 Antonaccio

Antonaccio

Crewman Apprentice

• Contributor
  • 45 posts
  • LocationMost likely causing a Star to go Supernova

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:00 AM

What about the king of the hill type gametype in Rebellion. Guard a Halo Ring and the implied victory would be it firing. Just a thought.
  • D4RKST0RM99 likes this

#13 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts
  • LocationKent, Washington, USA

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:53 AM

Why does the Halo ring need to fire? Why can't it just be a scenery object?

• Unikraken, Despoiler25, Defender0 and 3 others like this

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#14 D4RKST0RM99

D4RKST0RM99

• Authorized Playtester
  • 961 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:13 AM

Why does the Halo ring need to fire? Why can't it just be a scenery object?

most if not all of the additions to the mod have a function, the sp generators serve as the wormholes, the asteroid grav wells serve as extra rescources, the halo ring would be a focal point on the map- you need to find and control it but never allow the enemy to capture it or you will start to lose plannets, perhaps have a similar game option to flood active/inactive so before the match you could choose wether the maps halo could either be a rescource point or a weapon.

• haseo yashimora likes this

#15 JerkyNero

JerkyNero

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:20 AM

most if not all of the additions to the mod have a function, the sp generators serve as the wormholes, the asteroid grav wells serve as extra rescources, the halo ring would be a focal point on the map- you need to find and control it but never allow the enemy to capture it or you will start to lose plannets, perhaps have a similar game option to flood active/inactive so before the match you could choose wether the maps halo could either be a rescource point or a weapon.

I think that if the developers were to design the Halo rings, that on certain maps they be a scenery object and on others for firing, depending on the enemies in the game, like the flood and etc.

#16 D4RKST0RM99

D4RKST0RM99

• Authorized Playtester
  • 961 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:25 AM

I think that if the developers were to design the Halo rings, that on certain maps they be a scenery object and on others for firing, depending on the enemies in the game, like the flood and etc.

woo,scary thought- if the flood captured it first, no one would be safe, be an incentive to expand as fast as possible

#17 D4RKST0RM99

D4RKST0RM99

• Authorized Playtester
  • 961 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:31 AM

What about the king of the hill type gametype in Rebellion. Guard a Halo Ring and the implied victory would be it firing. Just a thought.

I like that idea, faction occupies the ring for x ammount of time to fire the ring, although it would only make sense for it to be a game ender if the ring was of the later 7, the galaxy clearing ones, this would also kill your faction too.

On the other hand it would be what the covenant faction would be hoping for- Halo's divine wind would clense the galaxy of the unworthy and all that walk the path of the great journey would be raised to god-hood.

#18 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:12 PM

Or perhaps the reason why superweapons aren't even in the mod is because they're dumb? I would much rather have it as an easter egg than have any real function because it would be too OP and gamebreaking.

• Unikraken, spartan-G257 and SPECTRE like this

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#19 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

Banned user who criticised terrorists

• Members
  • 3,455 posts
  • LocationANGLIA BRUV, HOME TO THE PRODIGY, NON CRIMINAL GANGSTAS AND FARMERS

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:30 PM

Or perhaps the reason why superweapons aren't even in the mod is because they're dumb? I would much rather have it as an easter egg than have any real function because it would be too OP and gamebreaking.

I was so pissed when assholes fired nova shit at me.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#20 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:35 PM

I was so pissed when assholes fired nova shit at me.

Yeah half the game is figuring out where it came from if it were a big map. :P

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users