• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#21 FrostWyrmWraith

FrostWyrmWraith

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:16 PM

What about the gametype where you're supposed to take a planet and hold it to win? I've admittedly never played it, but could a Halo be that planet?

• Centurian128 likes this

#22 Aunt Gruntie

Aunt Gruntie

Sterilized Food Nipples!

• Contributor
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:01 PM

I think it'd be cool that instead of a ship graveyard (a planet type in vanilla) it was the remains of a halo (not necessarily 04) after all who really knows what happened (or is happening) to all of the halos.

Help me Sergeant I'm lost in Kurfluffle land!

#23 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts
  • LocationKent, Washington, USA

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:20 AM

I think it'd be cool that instead of a ship graveyard (a planet type in vanilla) it was the remains of a halo (not necessarily 04) after all who really knows what happened (or is happening) to all of the halos.

Except by the end of the Human-Covenant war, all the Halos except Installation 04 were intact as shown by the holograms on the Ark.

• spartan-G257, MrChipps and Aunt Gruntie like this

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#24 D4RKST0RM99

D4RKST0RM99

There's a DarkStorm coming Mr. Canadaman...

• Authorized Playtester
  • 961 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:44 AM

Except by the end of the Human-Covenant war, all the Halos except Installation 04 were intact as shown by the holograms on the Ark.

Was it ever stated in the forerunner trilogy that all 12 of the original Halo rings were destroyed/decomissioned (including the ones captured by the flood)? Keep in mind Installation 07 is an ex 30,000km halo so thats one is accounted for.

#25 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts
  • LocationKent, Washington, USA

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:57 AM

I'm not sure. I'm assuming so since they aren't present in the control room of the Ark.

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#26 D4RKST0RM99

D4RKST0RM99

There's a DarkStorm coming Mr. Canadaman...

• Authorized Playtester
  • 961 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:59 AM

I'm not sure. I'm assuming so since they aren't present in the control room of the Ark.

They aren't linked to the later 7 remember- 12 Halos built and possibly controlled from the Greater Ark (Rings that can only target one plannet at a time but clears everything in its line of fire) then later the smaller 7 Halos linked to and controlled by the Lesser Ark.

I guess only the Janus key can truly answer that question.

#27 HolyMith

HolyMith

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • LocationAbove the Damoclean Sword

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:32 PM

I think the king of the hill idea would be really cool, but with the halos firing and obliterating everything in the system now and then. To spice things up. Would also make an excellent flood lure.

Also, this would require them to have a gravity well. Could be a similar idea to the portals, like it wrapps around the well, but vertically?

#28 Metanator

Metanator

Crewman

• Authorized Playtester
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:37 PM

HolyMith, that sounds like a good idea. If you were going to have the Halo wipe out that star system every so often you could set it in a map like Armageddons Bounty from vanilla sins. That way there's no rush to control the halo and your enemy has a chance of coming back from it
  • HolyMith likes this
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

#29 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:51 PM

Halo rings I dont mind the suggestion. honestly if i could implement them via easter egg I would because, lets get real, its Halo. The halo rings are a huge part of that franchise. As actual structures go? I could get with the design team and figure out if somehow a Halo installation could make its way to the game, unlikely that it would actually have the ZOMG YOUR ALL DEAD! firing effect but its an idea.

Perhaps a map where you have to capture all 7 Halo Rings at once in order to win?  Or maybe they'd just be spread throughout and its you have to capture the ark to win.

#30 Vrishnak92

Vrishnak92

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • LocationWhere the fun stays

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:25 PM

Perhaps a map where you have to capture all 7 Halo Rings at once in order to win? Or maybe they'd just be spread throughout and its you have to capture the ark to win.

Capturing the ark... Not a bad idea as it's out of the range of the rings

#31 Slayeh215

Slayeh215

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:07 AM

Capture the Ark then after you've held it long enough the Halo's are fired and it's game over, you win.

#32 WarthogRacingMan3

WarthogRacingMan3

Mr. Warthog Racing Man

• Authorized Playtester
  • 387 posts
  • LocationWaukegan, Ilinois, United Republic of North America

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:46 AM

I like the two types of Halo rings idea, one which is a OP Super weapon (for specific maps/win conditions) and another that is just a planet type (that either lets you build Sentinels, has buffs that makes colonizing it worthwhile or has an artifact on it). 

The Warthog Racing Man the Third

Posted Image

Desolation comes upon the sky

Now I see fire

#33 Cmdr Daefaron

Cmdr Daefaron

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:39 PM

Sins of the Fallen had a thing for moons, which were kinda like starbases. Perhaps have something like that for gas giants? Obviously no halo pulses but 343 guilty spark mentioned other weapons?

OR....What if

you had it so the halo ring was colonizable? Orbiting a gas giant something akin to the neutral mining platforms, but this one has starbase upgrades? And once it's done to zero health it's unclaimed and can be colonized by another faction? Unsure if that's possible. I know in sins of the fallen once you colonize the system you gained control over the moons, and could upgrade those. If something like that' I'd say have it be a 'super starbase' style thing cause... it's a halo ring!

#34 Centurian128

Centurian128

Crewman

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • LocationKaalann, Skaro

Posted 14 January 2014 - 03:00 PM

On the topic of Forerunner structures, is there anything that we could use the gas mine thing from Halo 2 for?  Would it make a good research structure for the Forerunners or something, probably in a modified form?

Spoiler

#35 XtremeRoflcopter

XtremeRoflcopter

Petty Officer Second Class

• Contributor
  • 387 posts
  • LocationWorking the till at the Bank of Rofl handing out loans to all the noobs.

Posted 14 January 2014 - 03:03 PM

The more I think about what a forerunner structure looks like I can't help but think of them being no more than a very minimalistic looking structure (like a rectangular prism) with colored highlights. 

It's easier to work on a map if a lot of Rum is involved...

#36 Bornstellaris

Bornstellaris

The Winter Soldier

• Mod Staff
  • 1,533 posts
  • Steam:Bornstellaris
  • LocationCivil War

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:13 PM

The more I think about what a forerunner structure looks like I can't help but think of them being no more than a very minimalistic looking structure (like a rectangular prism) with colored highlights.

Have you never seen a forerunner structure before?

"But I knew him" 

- Bucky Barnes

Spoiler

#37 M3NTL

M3NTL

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Steam:M3NTL
  • LocationCamp Lejeune

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:07 PM

I do have to admit it would be awesome to have an actual halo ring. I do understand that the Dev team already have a lot on their plate but if their is a way to let the game know when you have the ring for this long the owner wins would be awesome and new i'm not saying everyone will play it but it would be something fresh and not seen in any of the Mods out so far.

Also to the people who started this thank you for your time and effort on this it really is fantastic

MY GREATEST STRENGTH AND WEAKNESS ARE ON IN THE SAME IM CRAZY ENOUGH TO TRY EVERYTHING, BUT DUMB ENOUGH TO DO ANYTHING

#38 Cole Protocol

Cole Protocol

Balancing Coder - Particle Effects Artist

• Mod Staff
  • 1,390 posts
  • Steam:Cole Protocol
  • LocationSpirit of Fire, chilling with the Enduring Conviction.

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:09 PM

I do have to admit it would be awesome to have an actual halo ring. I do understand that the Dev team already have a lot on their plate but if their is a way to let the game know when you have the ring for this long the owner wins would be awesome and new i'm not saying everyone will play it but it would be something fresh and not seen in any of the Mods out so far.

Also to the people who started this thank you for your time and effort on this it really is fantastic

We are hoping to implement the array in some way shape or form, dont expect a "lolz i sit acrozz the galxyz and brunz you with haloz" kinda thing, but they will be there, how im not sure, all very up in the air right now.

• M3NTL likes this

#39 Cmdr Daefaron

Cmdr Daefaron

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:02 PM

We are hoping to implement the array in some way shape or form, dont expect a "lolz i sit acrozz the galxyz and brunz you with haloz" kinda thing, but they will be there, how im not sure, all very up in the air right now.

A variant of the asteroid style planet type?
 Instead of Asteroid it's a halo ring.

#40 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:05 PM

A variant of the asteroid style planet type?
 Instead of Asteroid it's a halo ring.

Possibly and that in particular has been mentioned. The thing is our artists are very busy people in real life. So we rather prioritize what we ask them to do. So visual treats like the halo rings are very low on the list.
"Japan received freedom so hard it was atomizing." -VDNKh
Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users