• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Hammershock6

Hammershock6

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:06 PM

I havent really had any trouble with bugs in the mod yet, however one thing I have to say I dont like or atleast want changed is the fact that AI dont have autofire on nukes, which means they will never use them... is there a chance you can change this cause I feel like I dont want to use nukes if the AI can't as it makes me a bit too powerfull lol, If you were playing online against someone obviously this wouldent matter, but I dont really like playing against people on sins.

Anyway what does everyone else think on this topic?

#2 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:10 PM

The nukes are kind of meant for large engagements, so they dont always have a good use. You wouldnt fire a nuke at a single covenant frigate that is attacking you when you can just let fighters attack it.

#3 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts
  • Steam:sloosecannon
  • LocationThis dimension (right now...)

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

The nukes are kind of meant for large engagements, so they dont always have a good use. You wouldnt fire a nuke at a single covenant frigate that is attacking you when you can just let fighters attack it.

And this ^ is exactly what the auto-fire would do. That's why we keep it off...
#define true false
//happy debugging suckers!!!!!

Notable SOTP forum/Steam chat quotes:

Spoiler

Donate to the forum! https://kd8rho.net/donate

#4 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:12 PM

And this ^ is exactly what the auto-fire would do. That's why we keep it off...

in all honesty, after playing with the UNSC for a few hours, i find swarms of longswords far more effective than a shiva in most cases, except in situations where the enemy is right in my face (havent had that happen yet)

#5 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts
  • Steam:sloosecannon
  • LocationThis dimension (right now...)

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

in all honesty, after playing with the UNSC for a few hours, i find swarms of longswords far more effective than a shiva in most cases, except in situations where the enemy is right in my face (havent had that happen yet)

Yeah... we nerfed it a while back due to realism... nukes would not actually be a huge effect in space...

They still are the most damage a single ship can put out in one shot (with the exception of the Covvies of course)
#define true false
//happy debugging suckers!!!!!

Notable SOTP forum/Steam chat quotes:

Spoiler

Donate to the forum! https://kd8rho.net/donate

#6 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:27 PM

Yeah... we nerfed it a while back due to realism... nukes would not actually be a huge effect in space...

They still are the most damage a single ship can put out in one shot (with the exception of the Covvies of course)

i honestly havent fired off a shiva yet actually xD ive been fighter spamming with my fleet, with 3 Athens carriers and 25 Eion carriers

#7 Hammershock6

Hammershock6

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

The thing is I only say this because its one of the things that put me off the most about the mod Stargate Invasion, were in the first 2 research levels in the mod you get to transport nukes that can destroy entire ships with just 1 hit, and the AI cant even use them either. All I needed to do was increase antimatter and 20 small cruisers could do the job of a entire fleet, obviously the nuke here is not that powerfull but it just makes me feel like I have a strength over the AI that I should'nt have lol. And I know I can keep it off just like in the Stargate Mod, Except in this game not using nukes would suck :) .

#8 HTRK74JR

HTRK74JR

t(-_-)t

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • LocationUNSC Horizon

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:36 PM

So... A nulke was primarily used to EMP a Covenant ships shields, allowing the UNSC to take it out if it came back online. They were rarely used to actually destroy the ships, the ship would have to be frigate size or smaller to be blown apart by a nuke in space.
Spoiler

#9 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

The thing is I only say this because its one of the things that put me off the most about the mod Stargate Invasion, were in the first 2 research levels in the mod you get to transport nukes that can destroy entire ships with just 1 hit, and the AI cant even use them either. All I needed to do was increase antimatter and 20 small cruisers could do the job of a entire fleet, obviously the nuke here is not that powerfull but it just makes me feel like I have a strength over the AI that I should'nt have lol. And I know I can keep it off just like in the Stargate Mod, Except in this game not using nukes would suck :) .

shivas are meant to take out covenant ships that would ordinarily rape you to death lol

#10 Hammershock6

Hammershock6

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

OK OK I get the picture lol, Also glad to see you managed to download it in the end Defender, how long did it take you? :lol:
  • Defender0 likes this

#11 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:46 PM

OK OK I get the picture lol, Also glad to see you managed to download it in the end Defender, how long did it take you? :lol:

god if i know, i left it going and went to bed xD

#12 Hammershock6

Hammershock6

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:34 AM

Ok I know im bringing this up again and I hope im not being annoying, but I noticed that when I use autofire on my nuke's they dont fire at single targets, yet when I got attacked by the flood the nuke fired and destroyed 90% of the flood fleet, doesent that give me a major advantage over the AI lol?

#13 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:50 AM

for me at least, nukes are kind of a last resort weapon, used when you are facing superior numbers and you are going to be heavily outgunned. in these situations, i launch that shiva. otherwise, i let the MACs and archers fly.

#14 Hammershock6

Hammershock6

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

for me at least, nukes are kind of a last resort weapon, used when you are facing superior numbers and you are going to be heavily outgunned. in these situations, i launch that shiva. otherwise, i let the MACs and archers fly.

I agree with you defender, but if you leave it on auto it does exactly what you say almost and fires it only when there are large numbers. My point being its a very powerfull weopon when used right and if the AI cant utilize it they become too easy to defeat. Plus the fact is that the only downside to this weopon is the cooldown as there is usually plenty of antimatter. and by the time you setup your forces to go to the next area you have reached the end of the cooldown and can fire nukes again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users