#1 David0425

David0425

Petty Officer Second Class

• Members
  • 317 posts
  • Steam:dtw0425
  • LocationEarth, Homefleet, UNSC Glorious Warrior

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:39 PM

For those who HAVENT read mortal ditacta(or however you spell it), this won't make sense at all. I recommend reading the book first, then participating in this.

Obviously the Kig-Yar, or "jackals" as we know them, obviously have a more dominant role on the halo universe. Thy have begun collecting and scavenging/stealing various pieces of tech. Rating from starships to nukes, to basic weapons or civilian tech. There is even speculation Of some Kig-Yar trying to rebuild their old empire. How could this affect the unsc, sangheili, brutes,etc?
"They must love the smell of Green." Thanks SOTP Modding team for all your Hard work, and effort in this mod!<br />
-Sergeant Avery Johnson,Halo 3<br />
Spoiler

#2 Redleader102

Redleader102

My name is Redleader, not Purpleleader!

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • Location[REDACTED]

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:10 PM

It wouldn't substantially affect the Brutes; they're screwed in any which way or form. But if the Kig-Yar were careful to exploit tensions between Sanghelli and Humans,  then they could potentially become a rival...maybe. I can't see the Sanghelli being very tolerant of them or the UNSC NOT using ONI to mess with them at every opportunity.

Out of darkness, these blades will light our way.

Glory and honor guide our acension.

On the blood of our fathers on the blood of our sons.

The true devotee honors our name with actions, not words.

Victory is secured not from the throne, but from the frontlines

#3 Commander Jbug

Commander Jbug

I'm a derp derp.

• Members
  • 272 posts
  • LocationNew York (Bagel Land)

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:09 PM

I would imagine that at the slightest sign of the Kig-Yars building up an Empire of some sort the UNSC would jump in and blow the living crap out of them without much resistance.

It seems like when someone creates a new fool-proof solution, someone gives birth to a better fool.

#4 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:54 PM

The Kig-Yar don't have the numbers or size necessary to be more than a nuisance to the Sangheili, humans or brutes.  They only have 4 worlds including their homeworld. 

KIG-YAR// Eayn’s native population continues to grow and expand within reasonable governing parameters; its economic and social lines have stabilized in the wake of the war. Muloqt, Kaelarot, and Valyanop, the primary interplanetary colonial sites, all remain static, with little notable movement. There are rumors of mercenaries operating alongside a handful of more conservative Sangheili states, although that has yet to be substantiated.

The Sangheili on the other hand have dozens of colonial vectors.  Even divided, smiting Eayn would be fairly easy for them.

SANGHEILI// Most intel here originates from ground contacts, but sensors have assisted with validation. The primary issue with the Sangheili is that of discordant cultural symmetry. It is difficult to assess military growth across several dozen active colonial vectors all with disparate political structures. Nevertheless, any and all visible military activity appears to be internecine in nature.

#5 David0425

David0425

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:35 PM

they still have treasure troves of old military tech from the Covenant and UNSC, more than enough to qualify as a threat.

"They must love the smell of Green." Thanks SOTP Modding team for all your Hard work, and effort in this mod!<br />
Spoiler

#6 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts
  • Steam:sloosecannon
  • LocationThis dimension (right now...)

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:03 PM

they still have treasure troves of old military tech from the Covenant and UNSC, more than enough to qualify as a threat.

Possibly. They have the resources to fight, sure. But can they wage a war? I suspect they wouldn't have the infrastructure or leadership personnel to successfully challenge the UNSC.
#define true false
//happy debugging suckers!!!!!

Notable SOTP forum/Steam chat quotes:

Spoiler

Donate to the forum! https://kd8rho.net/donate

#7 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:36 AM

Possibly. They have the resources to fight, sure. But can they wage a war? I suspect they wouldn't have the infrastructure or leadership personnel to successfully challenge the UNSC.

They don't have the leadership or organisation its practically stated in the book.

"Japan received freedom so hard it was atomizing." -VDNKh
Spoiler

#8 David0425

David0425

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:22 AM

They don't have the leadership or organisation its practically stated in the book.

This is why chol wanted the pious inquisitor, to forcefully unite the Kig-Yar
Spoiler

#9 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts
  • Steam:sloosecannon
  • LocationThis dimension (right now...)

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:51 AM

Exactly as I suspected.
I haven't exactly read the book (Aint nobody got time for dat!) but my understanding of them is that they're a bunch of independent pirate-esque units. Nothing feasable as a military threat. Annoying, sure, but not a challenger.
#define true false
//happy debugging suckers!!!!!

Notable SOTP forum/Steam chat quotes:

Spoiler

Donate to the forum! https://kd8rho.net/donate

#10 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • Steam:KhevaKins
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:14 AM

I don't think the UNSC would be to concerned with the Kig-Yar trying to create a more dominante position for themselves. In the book they weren't overally concerned if the Kig-Yar got P.I. and it is stated many times they don't want to fight people, just not be treated like crap.
Their many concern would be Sangheili, who would both be angry at them for acquiring old Covvie tech they believed to be theirs and for trying to rise to a position of power the Sangheili once again believe to be theirs, exclusively.
Spoiler

led203_crashed_0.pngled203.jpg

#11 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:51 PM

Actually Kheva they were fine if the Sangehli got the PI because it was in there hands before the Kig Yar stole it. There main concern was it falling into the hands of a human terrorist. If kilo 5 took the ship they would have had to keep Avu Med Telcam from finding out because the ship was part of his forces.
Spoiler

#12 psdt

psdt

Crewman

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationNM

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:36 PM

Aren't they less physically strong than humans or about on level? I've read a few times that they're kinda fragile and more comparable to a sentiant, flightless, humanoid-raptor-thing. Their phsyical stature mixed with lack of size and organization would most likely mean that they're a very minor threat. I don't think we're done seeing jackals in halo be any means, but they won't be invading Earth or much of anything for that matter

#13 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 07:43 PM

Most likely has mercenaries and pirates.... I wonder why?????..........

Spoiler

#14 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • Steam:KhevaKins
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:50 AM

Actually Kheva they were fine if the Sangehli got the PI because it was in there hands before the Kig Yar stole it. There main concern was it falling into the hands of a human terrorist. If kilo 5 took the ship they would have had to keep Avu Med Telcam from finding out because the ship was part of his forces.

I don't think the UNSC would be to concerned with the Kig-Yar trying to create a more dominant position for themselves. In the book they weren't overly concerned if the Kig-Yar got P.I. and it is stated many times they don't want to fight people, just not be treated like crap.
The Kig-Yar's main concern would be the Sangheili, who would both be angry at them for acquiring old Covvie tech they believed to be theirs and for trying to rise to a position of power the Sangheili once again believe to be theirs, exclusively.

I just re read it and feel like an idiot. I went from talking about humanity to talking about the kig-yar.

I meant the Sangheili would be angry at the Kig-Yar, not UNSC. I guess I assumed it would be clear since this was a thread about the Kig-Yar and not UNSC-Sangheili relations.
Spoiler

led203_crashed_0.pngled203.jpg

#15 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:39 AM

If the Kig-Yar dare step out of line the Infinity would likely solo their entire "Navy".

#16 Aunt Gruntie

Aunt Gruntie

Sterilized Food Nipples!

• Contributor
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:23 AM

I would imagine the Kig-Yar would mostly keep to themselves, with a small touch of piracy. Most likely though they will just back whomever they think is the strongest post Covenant faction. Unless the Kig-Yar are the more independent type then they'll probably just keep to themselves.

Help me Sergeant I'm lost in Kurfluffle land!

#17 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:26 AM

I would imagine the Kig-Yar would mostly keep to themselves, with a small touch of piracy. Most likely though they will just back whomever they think is the strongest post Covenant faction. Unless the Kig-Yar are the more independent type then they'll probably just keep to themselves.

Wow that sounded like it was coming from a grunt.... oh wait.....

• Aunt Gruntie and David0425 like this
Spoiler

#18 Aunt Gruntie

Aunt Gruntie

Sterilized Food Nipples!

• Contributor
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:04 PM

aaaah you suck m4 =P

Spoiler

Help me Sergeant I'm lost in Kurfluffle land!

#19 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

Banned user who criticised terrorists

• Members
  • 3,455 posts
  • LocationANGLIA BRUV, HOME TO THE PRODIGY, NON CRIMINAL GANGSTAS AND FARMERS

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:40 PM

aaaah you suck m4 =P

Spoiler

Y NO U READ BOOKS? <HEAVILY FRUSTRATED FACE AND HAND GESTURES DIRECTED AT SCREEN>

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#20 Stephan-338

Stephan-338

Former Lead Playtester

• Inactive Staff
  • 739 posts
  • Steam:Stephan-338
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:51 PM

SPECTRE, what did the screen ever do to you?

But since

Spoiler
is dead, I don't think they'll have a central government/army any time soon

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users