• Create Account

Photo

UNSC fielding ccs class battlecruisers.(spoilers for mortal dictata)

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 David0425

David0425

Petty Officer Second Class

• Members
  • 317 posts
  • Steam:dtw0425
  • LocationEarth, Homefleet, UNSC Glorious Warrior

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:04 PM

This has spoilers to those who haven't read the new book. If you haven't read it and participate, well it ain't my poor old fault

In mortal dictata parangosky stated that since BB downloaded the pious inquisitors data mainframe, the unsc could now build them, if they desired to do so. Would the mod team allow the unsc to build them, but obviously weaker due to humans building it.
"They must love the smell of Green." Thanks SOTP Modding team for all your Hard work, and effort in this mod!<br />
-Sergeant Avery Johnson,Halo 3<br />
Spoiler

#2 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:07 PM

This has spoilers to those who haven't read the new book. If you haven't read it and participate, well it ain't my poor old fault

In mortal dictata parangosky stated that since BB downloaded the pious inquisitors data mainframe, the unsc could now build them, if they desired to do so. Would the mod team allow the unsc to build them, but obviously weaker due to humans building it.

Yah the UNSC still doesn't even know how to make the material the hull is made out of.. so yah. And this does not belong here anyways.

"Japan received freedom so hard it was atomizing." -VDNKh
Spoiler

#3 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Necromancer Supreme, agig did 9/11 2015

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts
  • Steam:Fleet Admiral agigabyte
  • LocationUNSC Skrubtester

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:07 PM

In mortal dictata parangosky stated that since BB downloaded the pious inquisitors data mainframe, the unsc could now build them, if they desired to do so. Would the mod team allow the unsc to build them, but obviously weaker stronger due to humans building it.

WE WILL RIP THEIR SKULLS FROM THEIR SPINES, AND TOSS THEM AWAY, LAUGHIN'!

Oh, I know what the ladies like... -Sarge Johnson

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#4 Moustachio86

Moustachio86

UniMinion

• Contributor
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:14 PM

Interesting idea and a rather logical conclusion. However, I sincerely doubt it would happen. For whatever reason, be it material limits, inertia from design or the fact that by now we could probably make ships rivalling the CCS. That's just lore reasons, gameplay and balance probably goes on for some time. As I said, I find the idea really interesting but I doubt it would happen.

#5 Cole Protocol

Cole Protocol

Balancing Coder - Particle Effects Artist

• Mod Staff
  • 1,390 posts
  • Steam:Cole Protocol
  • LocationSpirit of Fire, chilling with the Enduring Conviction.

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:18 PM

Damn, I have got to read the books!

but this is a interesting concept. While the UNSC would not be able to make these things anytime soon, the energy weapons inboard may be reproducible. (all conjecture here) It will be interesting to see what 343 does with this in the future, or other writers do with it. Only time will tell.

#6 David0425

David0425

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:46 PM

The hurogok could make the material to build the vessels.
The books are eye openning it really gives you how the war really felt on both sides as well as after
"They must love the smell of Green." Thanks SOTP Modding team for all your Hard work, and effort in this mod!<br />
Spoiler

#7 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

Banned user who criticised terrorists

• Members
  • 3,455 posts
  • LocationANGLIA BRUV, HOME TO THE PRODIGY, NON CRIMINAL GANGSTAS AND FARMERS

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:12 AM

I think it was more so that the UNSC now knows how to counter them, and integrate tech from them. 

Example us brits captured a lot of Uboats, but rather than field them, we cannibalised them, and then intergrated some of the technology.

Example 2: British tanks had an advanced fire-on-the-move and control system (VTP MKIV.) Many tanks captured in the fall of France and north Africa were cannibalised. They were integrated into the tiger tank, and retrofitted to other German AFVs in '41/42. The sight was so advanced it was only recently  replaced by electronic and fibre optics.

To paraphrase: 

Imagine the infinity with a couple of glassing beams.

• MrChipps likes this

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#8 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:15 AM

The hurogok could make the material to build the vessels.
The books are eye openning it really gives you how the war really felt on both sides as well as after

You can't simply make the material to build the vessels.  Also I highly doubt we are going to see humans wielding CCS-class cruisers.  

#9 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts
  • LocationKent, Washington, USA

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:20 PM

Considering the way canon is going I wouldn't be surprised if tthat's what would happen.

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#10 David0425

David0425

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:48 PM

Considering the way canon is going I wouldn't be surprised if tthat's what would happen.

True dat
Spoiler

#11 CanadaMan7

CanadaMan7

Commander-in-Chief

• Administrators
  • 1,247 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:45 PM

Yeah, I'm not in favor. Things in canon are nonsensical enough as it is, these days.

• D4RKST0RM99 likes this

yLM4TEk.png

#12 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:57 PM

The book does not mention IN ANY WAY that the UNSC will be fielding CSS class ships. All BB took were the ship logs. The data on where its been and what it was doing. The logs would also include the maintenance schedule, this would give ONI the ability to estimate the amount of crew one would need to run the ship. Just because you take the logs does not mean you are planning on making the ship. Particularly when you don't even understand the metal that makes up the hull of the ship.

• D4RKST0RM99, David0425 and Stephan-338 like this
"Japan received freedom so hard it was atomizing." -VDNKh
Spoiler

#13 David0425

David0425

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:46 PM

The book does not mention IN ANY WAY that the UNSC will be fielding CSS class ships. All BB took were the ship logs. The data on where its been and what it was doing. The logs would also include the maintenance schedule, this would give ONI the ability to estimate the amount of crew one would need to run the ship. Just because you take the logs does not mean you are planning on making the ship. Particularly when you don't even understand the metal that makes up the hull of the ship.

I didn't say they would field them in the books, or canon, just that Parangosky stated that humanity could build the ships, IF they so desired. Which prompted me to ask if the mod team had any future plans to allow the UNSC (or at least ONI) to construct the vessels. and on a side note, if BB downloaded everything on Pious Inquisitor, would the type of materials the ship is made of be listed or mentioned? He downloaded everything in the pious inquisitor, not just its unique history.

Spoiler

#14 D4RKST0RM99

D4RKST0RM99

There's a DarkStorm coming Mr. Canadaman...

• Authorized Playtester
  • 961 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:01 PM

I didn't say they would field them in the books, or canon, just that Parangosky stated that humanity could build the ships, IF they so desired. Which prompted me to ask if the mod team had any future plans to allow the UNSC (or at least ONI) to construct the vessels. and on a side note, if BB downloaded everything on Pious Inquisitor, would the type of materials the ship is made of be listed or mentioned? He downloaded everything in the pious inquisitor, not just its unique history.

Isn't that the same as saying if I stole your car and hacked your sat nav I 'd be able to build a Jaguar XJ220 while having no prior knowlege of its construction?

Imagine if our civilisation tried to recreate titanium A, it isn't just forged titanium, their is a whole molecular bonding process that is currently 500 years beyond us. The method to track down how to do this would be similar to how pharmaceutical companies are discovering cures for diseases- their are trillions of combinations of different chemicals that have to be tested one by one, this is a random process that may produce little or no results, this could take forever, and to learn how to recreate the covenant's super metals would be like trying to extract the original ingredients from a cake after it is baked.

#15 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:57 PM

^Agreed, I don't think even the Huragok can just magically generate the Covenant's metals.

#16 D4RKST0RM99

D4RKST0RM99

There's a DarkStorm coming Mr. Canadaman...

• Authorized Playtester
  • 961 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:02 PM

^Agreed, I don't think even the Huragok can just magically generate the Covenant's metals.

True, from what we've seen of them they can only augment existing technology not fabricate it out of thin air- building a brute chopper from the wreckage of two Spirit dropships for example

#17 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 23 February 2014 - 04:02 PM

I would be against it. You're not thinking about this from the perspective of a competitive game, you thinking "man it would be cool for the UNSC to field CCS class ships!". We have to have the factions be separated clearly and logically, like any traditional RTS.

• D4RKST0RM99 likes this

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users