• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Zman1970

Zman1970

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:49 PM

Could it be possible to add the Infinity Class to the UNSC and the Super-Carrier to the Covenant; and also gotta note that the Paris & Charon class are the exact same in design, even though they had fairly different weapon placements if placed under close examination. (Do not mean to complain, but it is seriously annoying at moments.)

#2 D4RKST0RM99

D4RKST0RM99

There's a DarkStorm coming Mr. Canadaman...

• Authorized Playtester
  • 961 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:02 PM

Could it be possible to add the Infinity Class to the UNSC and the Super-Carrier to the Covenant; and also gotta note that the Paris & Charon class are the exact same in design, even though they had fairly different weapon placements if placed under close examination. (Do not mean to complain, but it is seriously annoying at moments.)

This should clear up the Titan's side to your question, http://www.sinsofthe...448-the-titans/ also you should know the Covenant Super carrier is sort of a taboo subject, safe to say it wont be added to the game at this time if ever. Might also be a good idea to check the forums before posting as your questions may be answered in another thread. ;)

Also welcome aboard :D

• Unikraken, MrChipps, Moustachio86 and 1 other like this

#3 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:57 PM

Have you looked at the under side of the Charon and the Paris frigates and notice the big ass hanger under the Charon that is not there for the Paris.

Now for the Titans. Please do not bring up the plot device super carrier outside of the Off Topic section or the Halo Lore Section. Now the UNSC Titan will be Infinity and the Covenant Titan will be the Covenant Battleship (Super Destroyer).

"Japan received freedom so hard it was atomizing." -VDNKh
Spoiler

#4 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

Banned user who criticised terrorists

• Members
  • 3,455 posts
  • LocationANGLIA BRUV, HOME TO THE PRODIGY, NON CRIMINAL GANGSTAS AND FARMERS

Posted 10 March 2014 - 12:00 AM

He hath named it! It should remain named as it! Purge the heretic!
  • Moustachio86 likes this

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#5 Zman1970

Zman1970

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:09 PM

Have you looked at the under side of the Charon and the Paris frigates and notice the big ass hanger under the Charon that is not there for the Paris.

Now for the Titans. Please do not bring up the plot device super carrier outside of the Off Topic section or the Halo Lore Section. Now the UNSC Titan will be Infinity and the Covenant Titan will be the Covenant Battleship (Super Destroyer).

I understand that there is this big-ass hangar. I literally play this mod every day. What I do NOT understand is the armaments. The Paris Class Heavy Frigate was armed with 12 point-defense guns. In the modification, there is a significantly less number of point-defense guns mounted.

On the plot device side, it's cool. I understand that the plot device class Super-Carrier is way to powerful to implement into the mod, and if added would unbalance the game entirely.

(A Little Note) Very nice job on the ships though, I love the details, and the battles!

#6 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:38 PM

I understand that there is this big-ass hangar. I literally play this mod every day. What I do NOT understand is the armaments. The Paris Class Heavy Frigate was armed with 12 point-defense guns. In the modification, there is a significantly less number of point-defense guns mounted.

On the plot device side, it's cool. I understand that the plot device class Super-Carrier is way to powerful to implement into the mod, and if added would unbalance the game entirely.

(A Little Note) Very nice job on the ships though, I love the details, and the battles!

The reason that the Paris has less turrets in the mod compared to its actual canon armament is because of the amount of resources that each turret takes up. With the numbers that the Paris class can be deployed it we had to reduce the number of turrets to keep the ship from becoming a resource hog.

Spoiler

#7 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts
  • Steam:sloosecannon
  • LocationThis dimension (right now...)

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:41 PM

The reason that the Paris has less turrets in the mod compared to its actual canon armament is because of the amount of resources that each turret takes up. With the numbers that the Paris class can be deployed it we had to reduce the number of turrets to keep the ship from becoming a resource hog.

Yep. IIRC the turrets are about the highest-poly parts of the ship. I believe with Rebellion, we might be able to display more turrets without problem, but that was the original reason
#define true false
//happy debugging suckers!!!!!

Notable SOTP forum/Steam chat quotes:

Spoiler

Donate to the forum! https://kd8rho.net/donate

#8 Moustachio86

Moustachio86

UniMinion

• Contributor
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:17 AM

Question: Does zooming out in-game un-render the ships to any degree or does it just slap the icons on them? I'm sure I've noticed Titans with icons in front of the model but I'm interested.

#9 Aunt Gruntie

Aunt Gruntie

Sterilized Food Nipples!

• Contributor
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:48 AM

Good question, does this also apply when you've zoomed out to galaxy/system level?

Help me Sergeant I'm lost in Kurfluffle land!

#10 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts
  • Steam:sloosecannon
  • LocationThis dimension (right now...)

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:54 AM

Question: Does zooming out in-game un-render the ships to any degree or does it just slap the icons on them? I'm sure I've noticed Titans with icons in front of the model but I'm interested.

It does. What's happening there is that the 2d icon is actually fading out or in, and it stays there for a few seconds. I don't think you can have the model and the icon together on screen, if you can, I haven't seen it happen.
#define true false
//happy debugging suckers!!!!!

Notable SOTP forum/Steam chat quotes:

Spoiler

Donate to the forum! https://kd8rho.net/donate

#11 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:56 PM

Are the poly counts needed for each turret an actual reason? Could you not just make the fire rate on the Paris higher than the Charon's in addition to it's already doubled hull? Or you could just have additional missiles/rounds coming out of parts of the ship that aren't actually turrets if need be, although that wouldn't look as good.

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#12 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:59 PM

Performance mate.

Too many polys moving means you get reduced frame rate.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#13 Moustachio86

Moustachio86

UniMinion

• Contributor
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:24 PM

I'm fairly certain the Paris does far more damage than the Charon. Certainly its MAC is far more rapid but I'm almost certain its cannons fire faster or do more damage. Need balancers to confirm that.

#14 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:15 PM

Are the poly counts needed for each turret an actual reason? Could you not just make the fire rate on the Paris higher than the Charon's in addition to it's already doubled hull? Or you could just have additional missiles/rounds coming out of parts of the ship that aren't actually turrets if need be, although that wouldn't look as good.

It is also a balance issue. The paris has a clearly defined role in the UNSC fleet. She is the general purpose combat frigate of the UNSC fleet. The Charon also has a role in the fleet. She is the bombardment frigate as she carried the most ground troops of all the frigates in Halo lore. Now we know that the way the Sins divides ship roles up is not right to Halo lore. In fact because of Sins ship roles we have had to make use of a ship in the public build that was retired durring the Insurrection. In fact the Mako class corvette was no longer in the UNSC fleet by the time the Spartans went on their first combat mission. But we have had to use it. We do plan on replacing that ship with the Stalwart however that ship even fell out of favor in the Human Covenant war because it simply was not good enough.

Now the paris class's AA guns do fire faster. 

Spoiler

#15 gripschi

gripschi

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:48 AM

Hi there I hope i am in teh righit Topic.

I have a Idea for some Titan or Capital Ship. I think it would be a nice add for the fleet when you can heal some Ships or something like that.

The UNSC Hopeful. 

#16 Bornstellaris

Bornstellaris

The Winter Soldier

• Mod Staff
  • 1,533 posts
  • Steam:Bornstellaris
  • LocationCivil War

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:02 AM

*Ahem*

The Cradle
  • MrChipps and D4RKST0RM99 like this

"But I knew him" 

- Bucky Barnes

Spoiler

#17 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:04 AM

Those were ships that would make great hero units, but we all know that it will never happen.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#18 Moustachio86

Moustachio86

UniMinion

• Contributor
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:00 AM

I have to be honest, I don't really like the idea of hero units in any case. Other than a nod to your original lore, they don't seem like they add massively to a Sins game, especially given that Sins has some serious issues when it comes to actually simulating lore. I understand why you'd want them, don't get me wrong, I just don't feel the same way.

#19 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:43 AM

The ships that you see now are pretty much set for the UNSC save for the Sahara class Prowler, the Infinity, and the Strident class. The Sahara will be a capital to allow us better control over its use, the Infinity will be the UNSC Titan, and the Stridents will be frigates that can be called in from Infinity. This line up is not likely to change so SPECTRE please do not push the issue again.
Spoiler

#20 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 10:57 AM

I'm not pushing the issue, don't know what gave you that idea.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users