38 replies to this topic

#1 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts
  • LocationKent, Washington, USA

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:54 PM

Did anyone else buy this fucking piece of shit for $5? After not even beating the first chapter I just couldn't keep playing this awfully shit game. I mean for fucks sake the Halo Wars shit in the game hasn't even been updated outside of a light art pass that just added grime details. The environments look swell but Christ almighty I wanted to get my $5 back. The future of Halo is looking great. Tablet games FFS.

• SternuS likes this

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#2 Rovert10

Rovert10

Balance Team

• Mod Staff
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:02 PM

What compelled you to buy it?

#3 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:42 PM

What compelled you to buy it?

Honestly what persuaded you to buy that piece of shit? The textures from Halo Wars were pretty much just copied/pasted. It's probably the laziest thing I've ever seen a game company do. And the story. Dear god the story.
Bad guys doing things on EPICNAME IV. BIG BATTLE. BAD GUYS LOOKING FOR SOMETHING. INVESTIGATION. OH NO BAD GUYS USE BIG BAD THING. RETREAT. ATTACK BIG BAD THING. NARROW VICTORY. SACRIFICE FOR THE REST OF THE UNIVERSE. RIP.
The fact they brought the flood back was full of lulz. Sorry for any spoilers but my version was probably far more entertaining than the entire game was.
  • CanadaMan7 likes this

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#4 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

Banned user who criticised terrorists

• Members
  • 3,455 posts
  • LocationANGLIA BRUV, HOME TO THE PRODIGY, NON CRIMINAL GANGSTAS AND FARMERS

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:22 AM

5$? It's £3 over here, I think that reasonable. While I don't dig the gameplay much, I like the story. And as a halo fan it's a small price to pay. I think they would have been better off buying a copy of a shooter engine and making a halo game with just firefight for PC.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#5 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:34 AM

I didn't and I won't. I can read the - inconceivable original - story on the wiki, and that would be the only reason for me to buy it.

5$? It's £3 over here

Yeah that's because of the value exchange, for which 13£=15$=15€.

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#6 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:45 AM

No I know of exchange rates SternuS I was saying that to me it sounded like a complaint that 5U$D was too much. To me it sounds most reasonable.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#7 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:07 AM

I paid $5 too much IMO. To be honest I was curious and I wanted to give it a shot hoping that it would be at least somewhat decent. God I was wrong. The missions are really short and unimaginative but damn the scenery looks good. I just don't like how its a simulation type deal on infinity, just kind of breaks the whole feel. Something about a giant deus ex Mary sue flying through space just doesn't sit with me very well.

In conclusion don't buy it unless you're a loyal fan of the series and have to own every halo game like me, as muh as it hurts to say it.
  • MrChipps, D4RKST0RM99 and SternuS like this

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#8 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Necromancer Supreme, agig did 9/11 2015

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts
  • Steam:Fleet Admiral agigabyte
  • LocationUNSC Skrubtester

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:10 AM

I like it as a time waster.
WE WILL RIP THEIR SKULLS FROM THEIR SPINES, AND TOSS THEM AWAY, LAUGHIN'!

Oh, I know what the ladies like... -Sarge Johnson

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#9 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • Steam:KhevaKins
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:37 AM

It was designed to work on Windows phones, of course it is going to be basic. I agree the PC version, especially the Steam version, should of been overhauled to reflect the different platform but they obviously didn't do it.

Keeping in mind that it was designed for phones I think it is pretty decent. The missions give you perfect pooping/playing time.... but since I doubt (hope) you don't poop with your computers the missions seem very short.
Spoiler

led203_crashed_0.pngled203.jpg

#10 CanadaMan7

CanadaMan7

Commander-in-Chief

• Administrators
  • 1,247 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:26 PM

Honestly, I bought it when Zero said he bought it, then left after the first mission.

It really seems like it could use a controller or touch screen or something. Using a keyboard and mouse it's almost unplayable, but an xbox controller did improve it a tiny bit.

It's just a sad state of affairs, lads.

yLM4TEk.png

#11 Mrbump

Mrbump

Crewman

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • LocationUnited kingdom

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:51 PM

I got it on Xbox, i was really really dissapointed.

#12 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Necromancer Supreme, agig did 9/11 2015

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts
  • Steam:Fleet Admiral agigabyte
  • LocationUNSC Skrubtester

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:05 PM

I got it on Xbox, i was really really dissapointed.

I like it and it is on my 360.
WE WILL RIP THEIR SKULLS FROM THEIR SPINES, AND TOSS THEM AWAY, LAUGHIN'!

Oh, I know what the ladies like... -Sarge Johnson

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#13 CoSSpartan058

CoSSpartan058

Original Badass

• Contributor
  • 241 posts
  • LocationONI Facility, Reach

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:03 PM

The story was cool in it but the gameplay was just boring in my opinion.

Posted Image

#14 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:44 PM

Why is the colony overrun when the UNSC Infinity makes work of Covenant ships in the Kilo V novels?? Hmmm

• Dokbot likes this

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#15 Dokbot

Dokbot

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Steam:Dokbot
  • LocationSome Micro Dyson Sphere

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:43 PM

Why is the colony overrun when the UNSC Infinity makes work of Covenant ships in the Kilo V novels?? Hmmm

Welcome to the new Halo games, where everything is FUCK THE LORE

Really, it pisses me off.

• Zero likes this

#16 Stephan-338

Stephan-338

Former Lead Playtester

• Inactive Staff
  • 739 posts
  • Steam:Stephan-338
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:19 AM

One thing though, the invasion fleet of that had atleast two assault carriers while in the kilo five trilogy, it were only frigates and cruisers

Posted Image

#17 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:29 AM

One thing though, the invasion fleet of that had atleast two assault carriers while in the kilo five trilogy, it were only frigates and cruisers

K5 trilogy was only in 2553 Spartan assault takes place anywhere from 2553 to 2555.

The covenant remnant (before Jul Mdama became leader) may have had assault carriers. K5 was looking for telcam and any other dissidents.

What im getting at is that K5 was to track down harder to track ships, while the covenant remnant fleet was easily tracked.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#18 Stephan-338

Stephan-338

Former Lead Playtester

• Inactive Staff
  • 739 posts
  • Steam:Stephan-338
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:33 AM

K5 trilogy was only in 2553 Spartan assault takes place anywhere from 2553 to 2555.

The covenant remnant (before Jul Mdama became leader) may have had assault carriers. K5 was looking for telcam and any other dissidents.

What im getting at is that K5 was to track down harder to track ships, while the covenant remnant fleet was easily tracked.

I just meant that is why the Infinity might not have been able to hold back the enemy invasion forces because there were assault carriers

Posted Image

#19 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:41 AM

I just meant that is why the Infinity might not have been able to hold back the enemy invasion forces because there were assault carriers

Infinity still wasn't finished by the time it went to Sanghelios. I imagine as soon as some significant forerunner tech was unraveled they pulled her in for refit. Infinity is a fast ship, i'm sure she could go from her current posting to her refit yards in a matter of minutes, and tech installation could be done fairly quick depending on how many engineers ONI has.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#20 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:37 AM

Covenant Remnant ships have no shields as seen in Halo 4. Infinity should have gone beast mode like Marshawn Lynch and steam rolled the fleet.

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users