• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sevillian

Sevillian

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 04:49 AM

First of all, I was wondering what is the current military power of Arbiter/Shipmaster forces. I remember them having at least one CAS Carrier named Shadow of Intent, and handful of CCS (I believe) Battlecruisers. Considering they have returned to their homeworld, they united more Sangh to their side, even without logistic/technical support they should maintain at least one sizeable fleet.

Second. Let us compare Covenant and UNSC technological level atm. Sure, we have Infinity, but this is still only one superior ship. If we take in mind the others Covenant technical achievment, isn't even the older Covenant tech superior to us? Like slipspace drives, shielding, repulsor engines, weapons..

And my personal question: Which ship is stronger and would win in a fight:

Infinity (Without Frigates) or a Assault Class Carrier

#2 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

Banned user who criticised terrorists

• Members
  • 3,455 posts
  • LocationANGLIA BRUV, HOME TO THE PRODIGY, NON CRIMINAL GANGSTAS AND FARMERS

Posted 09 May 2014 - 05:12 AM

Good Questions.

Check out a A Sangheili's War Is Never Over on this website: http://leviathan.bungie.org/

Levis work is semi-canon, it was promoted by bungie and is on halopedia, but bungie have never officially stated that it is either, canon nor non-canon.

the UNSCs ships have jumped forward in terms of development, the Sahara class, strident, and autumn classes are damn good ships compared to their predecessors.

I theorise that while Covenant ships are significantly faster, they lack the range. Its like comparing a Nuclear sub, to a conventional sub. The conventional is significant faster due to having less mass, but lacks the range of the Nuclear

Infinity Vs a CAS? infinity. 

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#3 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 17 May 2014 - 01:28 PM

First of all, I was wondering what is the current military power of Arbiter/Shipmaster forces. I remember them having at least one CAS Carrier named Shadow of Intent, and handful of CCS (I believe) Battlecruisers. Considering they have returned to their homeworld, they united more Sangh to their side, even without logistic/technical support they should maintain at least one sizeable fleet.

Second. Let us compare Covenant and UNSC technological level atm. Sure, we have Infinity, but this is still only one superior ship. If we take in mind the others Covenant technical achievment, isn't even the older Covenant tech superior to us? Like slipspace drives, shielding, repulsor engines, weapons..

And my personal question: Which ship is stronger and would win in a fight:

Infinity (Without Frigates) or a Assault Class Carrier

The Arbiter's faction should logically have a couple hundred vessels.  They had a good chunk of High Charity's defense fleet to successfully quarantine Instillation 05.  Once the cauterized the surface I'd imagine those vessels would turn home to protect Sanghelios/ fight the Jiralhanae.

https://forums.halow...nt-Remnant.aspx

This guy does a good job at calculating the number of vessels in the Storm Covenant Fleet; about 29 RCS-class and 145 CRS-class lead by a single CAS class.  Not even counting the vessels under Vata 'Gajat that defected.  And considering Jul scrapped this from essentially the Sangheili boons, I'd imagine their homeworld and larger colonial hubs likely have minimum of 300 warships.  Likely approaching 500, with most of them away keeping peace on their borders with the Jiralhanae.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users