#21 Lavo

Lavo

Grand Master Modder/Design Lead

• Mod Staff
  • 713 posts
  • LocationNot Uni's Basement

Posted 24 May 2014 - 06:53 PM

Wait, seriously? O_o

There is no such a buff. You can spawn Rebel faction ships, through an ability on a star, but that's it. I mean there -are- ways to spawn pirate controlled ships through abilities targeting a pirate base, but that is it.

#22 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 07:10 PM

There is no such a buff.

Hence, my surprise.

#23 CQBEXPT

CQBEXPT

Petty Officer Third Class

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationA meth lab

Posted 25 May 2014 - 11:55 AM

Would it be possible to have a timer start apon capturing a halo ring that will send in flood after so many minutes using the same ability that the TEC rebels have?

Posted Image

#24 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts
  • Steam:sloosecannon
  • LocationThis dimension (right now...)

Posted 25 May 2014 - 12:28 PM

There is no such a buff. You can spawn Rebel faction ships, through an ability on a star, but that's it. I mean there -are- ways to spawn pirate controlled ships through abilities targeting a pirate base, but that is it.

Ah. The rebel faction ship thing was probably what I was thinking. Never mind then
#define true false
//happy debugging suckers!!!!!

Notable SOTP forum/Steam chat quotes:

Spoiler

Donate to the forum! https://kd8rho.net/donate

#25 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 25 May 2014 - 01:03 PM

It'd be nice, but given the fact that Halo Installations are quite, quite rare to find, this thing wouldn't be worth the time Mods should spend on it. (also, scrolling through this topic, it seems that doing it is rather impossible)

That's my impression, though. I mean, it would surely make up for a good reference to the Halo Universe, but...not fundamental. Furthermore, Flood tends to spread fast enough even without TWO (or more) spawning points.

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#26 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 01:05 PM

Flood tends to spread fast enough even without TWO (or more) spawning points.

This. The flood tends to spread like wildfire even WITHOUT someone fanning the flames

#27 con7con

con7con

Authorized Playtester

• Contributor
  • 260 posts
  • Steam:Con7con
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:22 PM

A very small version of this idea could be to simply have the neutrals in the gravity well be flood controlled covenant ships if the gravity well contains a halo, to give the impression of the covenant having found and unleashed the flood.

Spoiler

#28 The Flood

The Flood

I've had a lot of names.......

• Members
  • 211 posts
  • Steam:The Flood
  • LocationA place you can't get to

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:53 AM

I like that idea.

some people call me The Flood.......others call me Didact........

Most Call me Night Of Eternal Darkness.....You will never know which one.....

#29 cancerboi

cancerboi

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:06 PM

Could it be possible to make the Flood a playable faction?  Make Insurrectionists the pirates.  Thinking about it, can you have two pirate factions?

#30 Stephan-338

Stephan-338

Former Lead Playtester

• Inactive Staff
  • 739 posts
  • Steam:Stephan-338
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:20 PM

Could it be possible to make the Flood a playable faction?  Make Insurrectionists the pirates.  Thinking about it, can you have two pirate factions?

No. And not that I am aware of.

Posted Image

#31 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

Banned user who criticised terrorists

• Members
  • 3,455 posts
  • LocationANGLIA BRUV, HOME TO THE PRODIGY, NON CRIMINAL GANGSTAS AND FARMERS

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:23 PM

Yes it totally possible, but highly unlikely due to balancing, you can play as the flood, but not as a faction : you can do it by spawning flood ships through galaxy forge at your home planet.

No. And not that I am aware of.

Actually it is, i spoke with lavo about it a couple of days ago, for a possible mod i may make.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#32 Stephan-338

Stephan-338

Former Lead Playtester

• Inactive Staff
  • 739 posts
  • Steam:Stephan-338
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:25 PM

I know it's possible to make the flood playable, but it's not happening here as far as I'm aware, and I didn't know about two different pirate factions

Posted Image

#33 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:26 PM

I know it's possible to make the flood playable, but it's not happening here as far as I'm aware, and I didn't know about two different pirate factions

-Kinda, you can't add a pirate base which spawns different kinds of raids, but you can do a buff chain of sorts which creates a neutral faction who acts in such a manner

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#34 cancerboi

cancerboi

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:42 PM

I know the Flood are, arguably, very tough, hateful when the Covenant decides to drop in right after a Flood attack, but is it possible to give the Flood their own Titan or capital ship which would represent the Gravemind?  I know this already sounds tough enough since it seems very difficult to even have two pirate factions and the mod is following the lore as much as possible (since no one has ever seen a giant warship controlled by the Flood).  Be kind of cool, and probably hateful, if doable. 

#35 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:48 PM

I know the Flood are, arguably, very tough, hateful when the Covenant decides to drop in right after a Flood attack, but is it possible to give the Flood their own Titan or capital ship which would represent the Gravemind?  I know this already sounds tough enough since it seems very difficult to even have two pirate factions and the mod is following the lore as much as possible (since no one has ever seen a giant warship controlled by the Flood).  Be kind of cool, and probably hateful, if doable. 

Does the unikraken count as flood?

I like it, could have it as a fully autonomous titan that roams the map randomly attacking the factions, it would be impervious to all forms of attack so..........................how about the only way to stop it or hurt it would be something unusual like feed it deuterium or buy it gifts, construct a massive spacestation mirror to distract it with its own vanity, lure it into the path of your enemies with tasty treats or even destroy it by blasting it with a fleet of sound speaker ships playing Rick Roll'd YT vids.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#36 cancerboi

cancerboi

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:04 PM

I doubt the unikraken would count unless you want to rename it as the Gravemind.  But what D4RKSTORM99 said would be nice to see, too.  A rogue Forerunner warship like the Didact's massive flagship Mantle's Approach.  That bastard's ship could be classed as a Super-Titan and go around destroying planets and being immune to Flood takeovers.

#37 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:06 PM

I doubt the unikraken would count unless you want to rename it as the Gravemind.  But what D4RKSTORM99 said would be nice to see, too.  A rogue Forerunner warship like the Didact's massive flagship Mantle's Approach.  That bastard's ship could be classed as a Super-Titan and go around destroying planets and being immune to Flood takeovers.

I was <Joking>...

n.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#38 XtremeRoflcopter

XtremeRoflcopter

Petty Officer Second Class

• Contributor
  • 387 posts
  • LocationWorking the till at the Bank of Rofl handing out loans to all the noobs.

Posted 07 June 2014 - 10:19 AM

... I doubt that even in canon The Mantle's Approach would be immune to flood infection... since Didact himself isn't immune. All they would need to do is infect him.

It's easier to work on a map if a lot of Rum is involved...

#39 Saint Kelly

Saint Kelly

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Steam:HappyKelly
  • LocationU.N.S.C. Destroyer Say My Name Again

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:18 AM

All it takes is a single spore to fuck over a planet I think a ship would be worse.

The Covenant wonder why their Prophets have all been captured by the humans on the first day of the war. Teleporting Russians have conquered High Charity

76561198030067026.png

Spoiler

#40 The Flood

The Flood

I've had a lot of names.......

• Members
  • 211 posts
  • Steam:The Flood
  • LocationA place you can't get to

Posted 09 June 2014 - 11:17 AM

I would like to see the flood playable.

sotp would get 200% cooler :) and I would play that every day.

some people call me The Flood.......others call me Didact........

Most Call me Night Of Eternal Darkness.....You will never know which one.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users