• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 DEMONTHESE2211

DEMONTHESE2211

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:29 PM

As the title suggests I have encountered covenant forces guarding asteroid fields as opposed to UNSC ships. Not sure if this is intentional or not. It is also not on one of the custom maps or named scenarios, just a random.

#2 Emberblaque

Emberblaque

Commander

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,356 posts
  • LocationThonotosassa, FL

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

It's intentional. You'll find Omen-class frigates, CCS-class battlecruisers, and pickets in asteroid fields as militia.

#3 HTRK74JR

HTRK74JR

t(-_-)t

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • LocationUNSC Horizon

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

I can see why you said they werent done. they look 2d.
Spoiler

#4 Emberblaque

Emberblaque

Commander

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:21 PM

That stings a bit. We only included the shiniest and most three-dimensional of our Covenant ships in the open beta.
  • Unikraken likes this

#5 HTRK74JR

HTRK74JR

t(-_-)t

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • LocationUNSC Horizon

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

im sorry, but im also highly critical of the phoenix class ship model you have, very flat. but you guys did an awesome job and spent years working on it.
Spoiler

#6 Ulmont

Ulmont

Crewman Apprentice

• Inactive Staff
  • 28 posts
  • LocationDavis, California

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

The pheonix looks flat and sub-standard in overall quality because its a placeholder. The final model for that ship isn't done yet.

#7 Emberblaque

Emberblaque

Commander

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:04 PM

Phoenix-class carrier and refit are going to be replaced, I agree they aren't up to par with the quality of our other assets. But Zero's texturing (and specifically bump mapping) has produced some incredible looking Covenant ships so far IMO. I'm personally in love with the CCS-class battlecruiser that The Didact modeled and Zero textured.

I'm not shooting you down by the way, I know beauty is subjective. But I think you'd be hard-pressed to find someone that agrees with you. Of course I'm very biased.

Edited by Emberblaque, 23 January 2013 - 02:05 PM.
I swear it's like you can't turn a corner without seeing a goddamn ninja these days

• Unikraken, CanadaMan7 and Defender0 like this

#8 CanadaMan7

CanadaMan7

Commander-in-Chief

• Administrators
  • 1,247 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

Have you seen the previous Covenant models?
Not to mention have you actually looked at the Covenant models we have now? You'll be hard pressed find a source anywhere on the internet that has more detailed Covenant models than this mod.
  • Unikraken likes this

yLM4TEk.png

#9 HTRK74JR

HTRK74JR

t(-_-)t

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • LocationUNSC Horizon

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

haha, that is why you guys are the best! i know the current covi ships are placeholder, and i thought i remember seeing someone mention that the phoenix is being remade.
Spoiler

#10 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:15 PM

haha, that is why you guys are the best! i know the current covi ships are placeholder, and i thought i remember seeing someone mention that the phoenix is being remade.

Your reading skills are terrible. The Covie ships we have in the Beta are here to stay and they're literally the best Covie ships in any fan-made game. Your game's settings must be set on low. Those ships are down right beautiful.
  • Defender0 likes this

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#11 The Didact

The Didact

The Original Didact, HHF Ship Artist

• Mod Staff
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

I don't see how this:
Posted Image
And this:
Posted Image
look "2d"....

Of course you could always make better models and better textures not to mention put it in-game and then balance, tweak, add hardpoints etc.. if you can do these things by all means please volunteer your amazing skills.
  • Defender0 and StarfishPrime like this

Spoiler

#12 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts
  • LocationKent, Washington, USA

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

Posted Image

Oh noes, 2d ships!
  • Defender0 likes this

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#13 Fleet ADM. Drian

Fleet ADM. Drian

Waging some sort of War for Terra

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationDeep Space

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

I was going to put something sarcastic and funny up but the above pic takes the cake.

#14 Emberblaque

Emberblaque

Commander

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

Beauty is subjective.

Remember this guys. He didn't say he could do better and he wasn't belligerent in the way he expressed his opinion. His right to assert his complete lack of aesthetic sensibility is the only thing that demarcates democracy from mob rule, ladies and gentlemen. (I don't think there's one female member on this forum.)
  • Unikraken likes this

#15 CanadaMan7

CanadaMan7

Commander-in-Chief

• Administrators
  • 1,247 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:54 PM

(I don't think there's one female member on this forum.)

Actually, our 700th like on Facebook was from some girl. Color me surprised.

They might yet lurk among us.
  • Emberblaque and Defender0 like this

yLM4TEk.png

#16 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

I don't see how this:

And this:

look "2d"....

Of course you could always make better models and better textures not to mention put it in-game and then balance, tweak, add hardpoints etc.. if you can do these things by all means please volunteer your amazing skills.

those look better than some of the CCS's in the actual halo games, IMO

#17 TheOtherXtremeRoflcopter

TheOtherXtremeRoflcopter

Petty Officer Third Class

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationTrapped in my computer, please send help!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:12 PM

As the title suggests I have encountered covenant forces guarding asteroid fields as opposed to UNSC ships. Not sure if this is intentional or not. It is also not on one of the custom maps or named scenarios, just a random.

The annoying part is that you can't really get them to all group together close enough to nuke them you need to send a ton of frigates at them if you wanna secure asteroid fields for early game resource bonus.
"When I joined the Corps, we didn't have any fancy-schmanzy tanks. We had sticks! Two sticks, and a rock for the whole platoon—and we had to share the rock! Buck up, boy, you are one very lucky marine!" - Sergeant Avery Johnson.

#18 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:41 PM

The annoying part is that you can't really get them to all group together close enough to nuke them you need to send a ton of frigates at them if you wanna secure asteroid fields for early game resource bonus.

10 paris frigates, WITHOUT ANY RESEARCH IMPROVEMENTS, can clear out an asteroid field with 3-5 frigates lost, and you're complaining that you cant nuke them? lol

#19 TheOtherXtremeRoflcopter

TheOtherXtremeRoflcopter

Petty Officer Third Class

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationTrapped in my computer, please send help!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:55 PM

10 paris frigates, WITHOUT ANY RESEARCH IMPROVEMENTS, can clear out an asteroid field with 3-5 frigates lost, and you're complaining that you cant nuke them? lol

Dude im talking like gold rush early game aggressive expansion like in that first game we had with you, , mobius, and me.
"When I joined the Corps, we didn't have any fancy-schmanzy tanks. We had sticks! Two sticks, and a rock for the whole platoon—and we had to share the rock! Buck up, boy, you are one very lucky marine!" - Sergeant Avery Johnson.

#20 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:57 PM

ok, then the same thing can be done with 20 charons

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users