• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 axe11154

axe11154

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 10:39 PM

Ok in thee story of halo the one thing that protected earth was Cole Protocol. It was the most important of one thing in the UNSC as it made sure no matter the cost Earths Location would not be found.

For those who dont know the Protocol was that in the case of a ship in UNSC hands getting into the clutches of the Covenant and managed to take data from it or got rather close to its data banks all Memory on the ship would be wiped ad it would self destruct.

Now heres how the idea works into game. when a Boarding party is sent a latches onto a ship theres a chance it will be lost, if lost for any moment of tiem to the enemy they will get a complete map of all your planets including their defenses and buildings (not how many ships are located at that planet)

This could be a huge advantage for the enemy

UNSC players however could get Cole Protocol unlocked in the Military Branch of Research, Where if a Boarded vessel is claimed or gets close to it will simply self destruct, note this will only be for capital and large frigates, small frigates will not follow the same rule.

On the covies hand captured vessels will only display the world they were built at, nothing more.

#2 Scorpii

Scorpii

Code Monkey #777

• Mod Staff
  • 359 posts
  • Steam:acbrother1

Posted 12 July 2014 - 10:51 PM

snip

Covies don't have a boarding ability, I don't think. It's been a while since I've played the public version. While this is a good idea, I'm pretty sure this is impossible to do in the SoaSE engine

Don't be so sure from me, though, I'm not apart of the mod staff. But I think this is the case

SPAM ALL THE CHARONS AND HAIL THE MOD STAFF

"Let's Get It On" -The Flood whispering to me

Posted Image

#3 Cole Protocol

Cole Protocol

Balancing Coder - Particle Effects Artist

• Mod Staff
  • 1,390 posts
  • Steam:Cole Protocol
  • LocationSpirit of Fire, chilling with the Enduring Conviction.

Posted 12 July 2014 - 11:50 PM

I saw this and thought I was being called and panicked for half a second before i remembered my name referenced halo.

Welcome to the forums by the way, and as far as the ability itself goes, there really is no place for it right now as the Covies don't have boarding or anything like it. Players can do it manually to a extent by jumping to a certain gravity well or scuttling a ship. 

But some stuff concerning this last time I check were sorta in concept (not on balancing dept. so dont read this as 100% accurate) regarding a covenant boarding like ability.

#4 Lavo

Lavo

Grand Master Modder/Design Lead

• Mod Staff
  • 713 posts
  • LocationNot Uni's Basement

Posted 13 July 2014 - 12:52 AM

We already have a Cole Protocol inspired ability done and fully tested. ...I'm surprised it isn't in yet, guess I'll have to poke Rovert about that.

• Bornstellaris and SternuS like this

#5 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

Banned user who criticised terrorists

• Members
  • 3,455 posts
  • LocationANGLIA BRUV, HOME TO THE PRODIGY, NON CRIMINAL GANGSTAS AND FARMERS

Posted 13 July 2014 - 02:10 AM

I saw this and thought I was being called and panicked for half a second before i remembered my name referenced halo.

CHANGE YOUR NAME BACK DAMN IT KID.

• Crisiss likes this

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#6 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 13 July 2014 - 02:13 AM

CHANGE YOUR NAME BACK DAMN IT KID.

Sci fi is best fi.

I mean even The Flood eventually returned to his roots.
  • SPECTRE and The Flood like this

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#7 axe11154

axe11154

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 07:16 AM

We already have a Cole Protocol inspired ability done and fully tested. ...I'm surprised it isn't in yet, guess I'll have to poke Rovert about that.

cool. WIll it work similar to cole protocol or is it just a self destruct ability? or is this classified information and to know you'd half to shoot me....

#8 Aunt Gruntie

Aunt Gruntie

Sterilized Food Nipples!

• Contributor
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 09:29 AM

or is this classified information and to know you'd half to shoot me....

No, we wouldn't half shoot you, we'd full shoot you.
  • Bornstellaris, David0425 and Stephan-338 like this

Help me Sergeant I'm lost in Kurfluffle land!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users