36 replies to this topic

#21 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

Banned user who criticised terrorists

• Members
  • 3,455 posts
  • LocationANGLIA BRUV, HOME TO THE PRODIGY, NON CRIMINAL GANGSTAS AND FARMERS

Posted 04 September 2014 - 12:39 PM

It wasn't a stupid question it is one we are deciding not to answer. You will find out more about the strident and several other things later this year when Rovert, Lavo, and I do a live stream to discuss what has been done for the mod so far and what we have planned for the future. Hopefully the kranken will be joining us for it.

Still there should at least be one legit answer.

Might i remind you that yo are in fact an organisation, and sure you can have a bit from time to time, but when it comes to answering a simple yes or no question its pretty unprofessional, not to mention goofy, but when someone has the answer at hand to actually try to help someone with a serious answer and you two do that, it takes unprofessional to another level.

As an employer i would not employ anyone who does anything of the sort.

• Battle8111 likes this

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#22 Aunt Gruntie

Aunt Gruntie

Sterilized Food Nipples!

• Contributor
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 01:20 PM

It wasn't a stupid question it is one we are deciding not to answer. You will find out more about the strident and several other things later this year when Rovert, Lavo, and I do a live stream to discuss what has been done for the mod so far and what we have planned for the future. Hopefully the kranken will be joining us for it.

I hope the kranken won't be kranky. Cus no one wants a kranky kranken.

Help me Sergeant I'm lost in Kurfluffle land!

#23 Moustachio86

Moustachio86

UniMinion

• Contributor
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 02:04 PM

I risk his eternal wrath by reminding you of or introducing you to His ancient (and not best-loved) title: Unikrunken

#24 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 02:11 PM

Still there should at least be one legit answer.
Might i remind you that yo are in fact an organisation, and sure you can have a bit from time to time, but when it comes to answering a simple yes or no question its pretty unprofessional, not to mention goofy, but when someone has the answer at hand to actually try to help someone with a serious answer and you two do that, it takes unprofessional to another level.
As an employer i would not employ anyone who does anything of the sort.

The answer is that we will not comment on a ships who's exact role is not final. As for the "yes, no" answered that were given, if you look back at questions that we were not going to discuss at that time, you will see that we respond in that manner. It is simply our way of humorously saying "We will not discuss that topic".
  • sloosecannon and Despoiler25 like this
"Japan received freedom so hard it was atomizing." -VDNKh
Spoiler

#25 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 04 September 2014 - 03:26 PM

And devs wonder why they get stupid questions.
Its because devs don't give straight answers.
Ya'll need to grow up.

This is probably some of the dumbest logic I've seen in a while.
  • Despoiler25 likes this

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#26 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Necromancer Supreme, agig did 9/11 2015

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts
  • Steam:Fleet Admiral agigabyte
  • LocationUNSC Skrubtester

Posted 04 September 2014 - 03:51 PM

*Popcorn*
  • haseo yashimora likes this
WE WILL RIP THEIR SKULLS FROM THEIR SPINES, AND TOSS THEM AWAY, LAUGHIN'!

Oh, I know what the ladies like... -Sarge Johnson

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#27 Despoiler25

Despoiler25

Old Guard

• Inactive Staff
  • 154 posts
  • LocationAboard the Infinity Class UNSC Inquisitor

Posted 04 September 2014 - 03:53 PM

TL;DR

Your logic is flawed we did answer the question in our own way and as for you hiring us I guess that's too bad I think you'd be a shit boss.
  • Defender0 likes this
Posted ImagePosted Image
Forerunner Cap Rush!
Lover of the Assault Carrier.
One of the "Old" Guard

#28 Drewlew

Drewlew

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 11:20 PM

WOW, it's OK I'm happy with the suspense was just being noisy. The devs have a right to keep people interested. 

#29 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 12:11 AM

The answer is that we will not comment on a ships who's exact role is not final. As for the "yes, no" answered that were given, if you look back at questions that we were not going to discuss at that time, you will see that we respond in that manner. It is simply our way of humorously saying "We will not discuss that topic".

So why did you not just say that then? Thats another reason people joke about LHS, its because you guys aren't willing to discuss clearly blatant flaws or even suggestions.

This is probably some of the dumbest logic I've seen in a while.

Depends on which kind of logic you follow, you saying that means you must follow some odd type of logic.

Your logic is flawed we did answer the question in our own way and as for you hiring us I guess that's too bad I think you'd be a shit boss.

Same reply as above.

You cannot pass judgement on someone who you have not met, the couple of people i met up with on here were shocked to find out what i'm like in the flesh.

WOW, it's OK I'm happy with the suspense was just being noisy. The devs have a right to keep people interested. 

Yeh "interested".

• Battle8111 likes this

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#30 MrChipps

MrChipps

Having a beer with Colonel Jack O'Neill

• Contributor
  • 789 posts
  • LocationThe Commonwealth wasteland

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:39 AM

Well, this escalated fast
Sweden can into gender!

#31 Drewlew

Drewlew

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 03:14 AM

I think emotion needs to be taken out of it. At the end of the day I was the one that was asking and it's obviously ignited someone's issues. 

#32 Scorpii

Scorpii

Code Monkey #777

• Mod Staff
  • 359 posts
  • Steam:acbrother1

Posted 05 September 2014 - 04:36 AM

I think emotion needs to be taken out of it. At the end of the day I was the one that was asking and it's obviously ignited someone's issues. 

In these forums, all it takes is a the tiniest of innocent little embers to become an inferno that consumes everything in it's path

SPAM ALL THE CHARONS AND HAIL THE MOD STAFF

"Let's Get It On" -The Flood whispering to me

Posted Image

#33 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 04:38 AM

So why did you not just say that then? Thats another reason people joke about LHS, its because you guys aren't willing to discuss clearly blatant flaws or even suggestions.

Depends on which kind of logic you follow, you saying that means you must follow some odd type of logic.

Same reply as above.

You cannot pass judgement on someone who you have not met, the couple of people i met up with on here were shocked to find out what i'm like in the flesh.

Yeh "interested".

SPECTRE I will say this rather frankly. You have absolutely no idea what we are doing with the internal build right now. When we are ready to discuss it, we will, as for right now we are not ready. The biggest thing for you to remember is that is an Alpha. What that means is that thing are constantly changing, a fact that you obviously do not understand. As a result of that constant flux it is very hard to comment on design decisions. I am not gong to talk about a ship, tell you what it does, and then have to give you another response two days later as it has changed. The final thing is, SPECTRE I frankly don't care what you are like in person, same goes for Despoiler, we interact with you here. You want to be treated with respect then act like it. I am not your subordinate and neither are any of the devs here. We read and see suggestions, if we shoot them down that is our prerogative, this is after all our mod, not a game. We are the ones who make the final decision on the gameplay and balance. To your question about our answers to the questions regarding the strident I refer to may answer above. If you still have any further questions or problems they can be resolved via PM.

• Despoiler25, Defender0, Crisiss and 2 others like this
"Japan received freedom so hard it was atomizing." -VDNKh
Spoiler

#34 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:29 AM

SPECTRE I will say this rather frankly. You have absolutely no idea what we are doing with the internal build right now. When we are ready to discuss it, we will, as for right now we are not ready. The biggest thing for you to remember is that is an Alpha. What that means is that thing are constantly changing, a fact that you obviously do not understand. As a result of that constant flux it is very hard to comment on design decisions. I am not gong to talk about a ship, tell you what it does, and then have to give you another response two days later as it has changed. The final thing is, SPECTRE I frankly don't care what you are like in person, same goes for Despoiler, we interact with you here. You want to be treated with respect then act like it. I am not your subordinate and neither are any of the devs here. We read and see suggestions, if we shoot them down that is our prerogative, this is after all our mod, not a game. We are the ones who make the final decision on the gameplay and balance. To your question about our answers to the questions regarding the strident I refer to may answer above. If you still have any further questions or problems they can be resolved via PM.

"Frankly" You have further put yourself in the shit.

I don't wish to be treated with respect, as in my mind, I command more respect (bar two other people on here) than anyone else. And at the end of the day shit can be erased from the internet

Also all this "this is out mod" is utter shit, it is the halo communities mod, and at the end of the day you should not be trying to satisfy yourself, but the community.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#35 Aunt Gruntie

Aunt Gruntie

Sterilized Food Nipples!

• Contributor
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 12:18 PM

"Frankly" You have further put yourself in the shit.

Also all this "this is out mod" is utter shit, it is the halo communities mod, and at the end of the day you should not be trying to satisfy yourself, but the community.

So then why should we even bother?
  • Defender0 likes this

Help me Sergeant I'm lost in Kurfluffle land!

#36 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:37 PM

Also all this "this is out mod" is utter shit, it is the halo communities mod

then the halo community can do all of the coding, rigging, create the art assets (both models and textures), do all of the public outreach, and handle all of the release stuff :) then the dev team and playtesters can sit back and relax and not have to worry about doing any work, and handle our real lives with more freedom

or: you let us continue to work, diligently and patiently, and give the halo community OUR product which we will have undoubtedly tested and retested to make sure it is solid internet gold

• sloosecannon, Despoiler25, Fleet Admiral agigabyte and 2 others like this

#37 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts
  • Steam:sloosecannon
  • LocationThis dimension (right now...)

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:44 PM

Well that escalated quickly. 

in my mind, I command more respect (bar two other people on here) than anyone else.

And that's our problem. You're in our house, our forum. You may think you command more respect, but that doesn't give you the right to start WWIII with every single post you don't like.

This is your final warning. Stop fighting with devs, or you will get a timeout. I'm personally tired of that kind of crap, and I'm sure M4 is too. Engaging with a dev, especially after they said to stop will not be tolerated.

I may not speak for the Halo community, but I sure speak as the guy who owns the server this site runs on. This. Will. End. Now. Thread locked.

<EOF>

Sidenote: Sorry for what the thread turned into OP. Most of them usually don't do that.

• Despoiler25, Defender0, Moustachio86 and 5 others like this
#define true false
//happy debugging suckers!!!!!

Notable SOTP forum/Steam chat quotes:

Spoiler

Donate to the forum! https://kd8rho.net/donate

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users