#1 Whitehalomango

Whitehalomango

That One White Guy

• White Name
  • 1,141 posts
  • Steam:bluehalomango
  • LocationSydney HighCom Facility Bravo-6

Posted 08 September 2014 - 10:44 PM

Firstly, to have shortswords instead of longsword bombers, as their described as being used as precision bombing runs.

Secondly, maybe give the UNSC the ability to research a tech that unlocks SPARTAN-I,II and III that mite repel boarding parties or at least have a bigger impact in the game, as their one of the most iconic halo things.

Next, you could have artifacts that mite give you an ancient forerunner ship or vessel or maybe open up a wormhole or something similar.

You could also add a covenant capital ship that kind of is like a mini high charity that acts as a mobile repair station.

Lastly, you could add certain abilities to covenant capital ships like deplorable scarab or cleansing beam to take planets quickly and the UNSC could get Spartan assault squads or sparrowhawks to increase their assault effectiveness.

Maybe, if possible, add the ability to name frigates so they can be called like Forward Unto Down or In Amber Clad.

Another thing, I was wondering if there were going to be prowler class ships or stealth ships with some sort of detection ability, stealth advantage or mine laying like the Point of No Return. I know there's the Oni sloop but that's more recon focused which is why i was wondering about a stealth ship.

I learn from the past, enjoy the present and look forward to the future.

Remember Off-Topic!

#2 Bornstellaris

Bornstellaris

The Winter Soldier

• Mod Staff
  • 1,533 posts
  • Steam:Bornstellaris
  • LocationCivil War

Posted 08 September 2014 - 11:01 PM

Longswords are also capable of performing such a task, as seen numerous times before. It is also unknown if Shortswords are capable of traditional space flight like a Longsword is.

I'm fairly certain the covenant don't have boarding parties. The only way I would se the Spartan's be researchable is a decrease in the speed in which flood forces capture a ship but I don't think the balance devs have a place for that. I think the Spartan Boarding Party ability is still on the Autumn Class Cruiser.

I don't think that can be done with artefacts but forerunner ships and wormholes are already present within the mod.

The covenant space station does these things, at least to my knowledge.

Again, the UNSC has an ability that does this as far as I know. I don't think its in the best interests to give the covenant the same ability.

Pretty damn sure thats not possible.

"But I knew him" 

- Bucky Barnes

Spoiler

#3 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 09 September 2014 - 02:26 AM

to covenant capital ships like deplorable scarab

Dem miserable Scarabs tho'!

Secondly, a mite scarab might be confused with a mighty Scarab.

Seriously though, as Born said, most of what you suggest is already present in the mod, in a different way.

-Shortsword, beside the fact that I personally dislike them, aren't supposed to operate in space, hence they won't be added (not now, at least).

-Spartan Boarding party is an ability which has a HUGE impact on the game, since you can capture amazing vessels such as the Vanguard, or a CCS. Used properly, this ability can turn the tables in your favour, and give you a considerable advantage over your enemy. S-I and S-III, however, won't be added to the mod, for obvious reasons (S-I didn't even make it to become Spartans, and S-III were deployed in suicidal missions behind enemy lines, not in space).

-As said before, the Spartan Boarding Party ability offers you the chance to capture a Forerunner vessel. Wormholes are already present in the game.

-High Charity is already present in the game, and does already that kind of stuff.

-Deployable Scarabs sounds like a good name for an ability, but Covenant's Capital ships already have a planet-bombing-boost ability. I'm not sure on what you mean by "assault effectiveness".

-Hardcoded, hence impossible to do.

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#4 Whitehalomango

Whitehalomango

That One White Guy

• White Name
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 05:42 AM

Ok, thanks for the response, just ideas i had and was seeing if they were in the game or whether there a good idea. Some of the things i suggested were pretty unrealistic and others were in the game without my knowing. xD

Remember Off-Topic!

#5 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:27 AM

Shortswords are in atmposphere only, thats why you never see a longsword in halo wars because they had the more suitable shortsword

#6 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:49 AM

You should probably play the mod a little more before you give advice given your unfamiliarity with it.
  • Crisiss likes this

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#7 insaene

insaene

Master of the Insane(You! Yeah YOU!!)

• Contributor
  • 645 posts
  • LocationIn your mind, eating your sanity

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:15 PM

NVM

Your sentence disturbs me Uni.

"before you give advice given your unfamiliarity with it"

Have u tried combining two different sentences in one? Or do I need more coffee to understand it?

Dwarf.png

It takes a dwarf to use magma for snow shoveling

Only in Dwarf Fortress would you try to catch a mermaid to butcher her and make trophies out of her bones

#8 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:28 PM

NVM
Have u tried combining two different sentences in one? Or do I need more coffee to understand it?

More coffee.
  • sloosecannon and Moustachio86 like this

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#9 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 10 September 2014 - 03:45 AM

NVM

Too work

Never of fun

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#10 Whitehalomango

Whitehalomango

That One White Guy

• White Name
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 04:05 AM

What about the prowler idea?

Remember Off-Topic!

#11 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:19 AM

What about the prowler idea?

Cannot speak on that until after the semester when I get back in touch with Rovert. Little fucker is taking ~6 courses, is an engineering student, and a teaching assistant. So he won't have time to discuss mod stuff until then.
"Japan received freedom so hard it was atomizing." -VDNKh
Spoiler

#12 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:32 AM

Cannot speak on that until after the semester when I get back in touch with Rovert. Little fucker is taking ~6 courses, is an engineering student, and a teaching assistant. So he won't have time to discuss mod stuff until then.

Wow.

Sounds like a halt in the development for quite a long time.

#13 Whitehalomango

Whitehalomango

That One White Guy

• White Name
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 06:00 AM

Dam, unfortunate, It's just their described as being able to lay mines and go stealthy so it would be interesting if that could be integrated.

Remember Off-Topic!

#14 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 10 September 2014 - 07:57 AM

Wow.

Sounds like a halt in the development for quite a long time.

Sadly it is. We're all pretty busy. Art assets are still slowly being worked on.

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#15 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:20 AM

Sadly it is. We're all pretty busy. Art assets are still slowly being worked on.

Heh, college's college, and work's work. We're all patient, no hurry.

• Defender0 and Moustachio86 like this

#16 Moustachio86

Moustachio86

UniMinion

• Contributor
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:08 PM

Heh, college's college, and work's work. We're all patient, no hurry.

You know, bud? I wish we were all a lot more like you some times. 

No homo.

• SternuS likes this

#17 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 10 September 2014 - 01:45 PM

No homo.

Yeah...I mean, if you said "I wish we were all a lot more closer to you some times", I would've worried a bit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users