• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Aunt Gruntie

Aunt Gruntie

Sterilized Food Nipples!

• Contributor
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:04 PM

Alright, so here I was thinking about good ole MC returning to Earth in Halo 2, you know, in the cliff hangery bit at the end. Then I realized that in Halo 3 he meets up with Keyes at Rat's Nest at the beginning and she's struttin around like she owns the place. Now what I wanna know is how in the bloody hell did Keyes get to Earth between the time it took for the Forerunner dreadnought exiting slipspace above Earth and MC landing.

I'm assuming here that in Halo 2 the events of the Arbiters side and the events of Master Chiefs side are happening simultaneously. So that would insinuate that Keyes is on Delta Halo when Master Chief returns to Earth. So how does Keyes, and the Arbiter for that matter (hell, even Sgt. Johnson was on Delta Halo), get to Earth before Master Chief?

The only possible solution I can think of is that after MC jumped ship he was incapacitated for a few days due to the somewhat rough landing and then Sgt. Johnson somehow finds him. Either that or Keyes learned the art of Instant Transmission. My main problem with this theory is that the game implies that Johnson and Co. find Master Chief almost immediately after he lands, and that just doesn't sit right with me.

Just wondering if there's an actual canonical explanation for this. Also I'm bored.

Help me Sergeant I'm lost in Kurfluffle land!

#2 Rocket1615

Rocket1615

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationTurn around.

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:27 PM

Doesn't chief mess around over Earth on they Keyship for a while? I'm pretty sure in one of the comics (Might be bloodlines? The one with Rowan Ackerson) he can be seen attempting to kill a Prophet aboard the keyship.

#3 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 17 September 2014 - 04:36 AM

I was wondering the same thing, but then I suppose that you can adjust the timeline if you think about it (and this is a frequent Bungie's problem, they mess up with the timeline every time):

when Chief kills Regret, Mirand and the UNSC lose his tracks and presumably suppose he is dead. Hence, when all the shit happens and Mirands stops the Halo from firing, they head back to Earth, while the MC is still fighting on High Charity. When the Dradnougth departs, Miranda already went back to Earth and started preparing the defences. Maybe the Dreadnought takes some time to do the Slipspace jump, maybe even weeks. Then it comes out of slipspace near Jupiter (if I can remember correctly), and takes some time to get to Earth. Maybe, int eh meantime, Miranda already had ground support for the supposed landing zone of the keyship.

But yeah, there are some things that aren't specified.

Doesn't chief mess around over Earth on they Keyship for a while? I'm pretty sure in one of the comics (Might be bloodlines? The one with Rowan Ackerson) he can be seen attempting to kill a Prophet aboard the keyship.

I'm looking forward to get those comics, since they're supposedly canon. Yes, that's where they tell that story.

• Rocket1615 likes this

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#4 Aunt Gruntie

Aunt Gruntie

Sterilized Food Nipples!

• Contributor
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 11:36 AM

So basically it's fill in the gap with your imagination kinda deal? Seems odd there's no "official" explanation.

#5 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 18 September 2014 - 12:10 AM

So basically it's fill in the gap with your imagination kinda deal? Seems odd there's no "official" explanation.

Johnson was hugging an Elite when the Halo exploded.

• Bornstellaris and Whitehalomango like this

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#6 Moustachio86

Moustachio86

UniMinion

• Contributor
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 04:30 AM

This is it. Hold me baby.

#7 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:33 AM

Um, pretty sure the comic Uprising explains all this doesn't it?

• Centurian128, Cole Protocol and Stephan-338 like this

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#8 Stephan-338

Stephan-338

Former Lead Playtester

• Inactive Staff
  • 739 posts
  • Steam:Stephan-338
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:50 AM

Um, pretty sure the comic Uprising explains all this doesn't it?

It do

• Unikraken likes this
Posted Image

#9 Aunt Gruntie

Aunt Gruntie

Sterilized Food Nipples!

• Contributor
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 10:18 AM

As we've all seen from halo 2 and 3, Sgt Johnson is an immortal god who took it upon himself to help the Master Chief any way he could. The only reason he died was to motivate MC to finally kill 343 GS. Even the Johnson never died, he just slept for a while and is now back on earth.
  • SternuS and Whitehalomango like this

#10 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 18 September 2014 - 10:32 AM

As we've all seen from halo 2 and 3, Sgt Johnson is an immortal god who took it upon himself to help the Master Chief any way he could. The only reason he died was to motivate MC to finally kill 343 GS. Even the Johnson never died, he just slept for a while and is now back on earth.

You know, sometimes, at night, I can't sleep, and all the questions suddenly pop in my mind, all the doubts and troubles. Usually, I get up and go watch a movie that calms me, and I fall asleep on the couch.

But sometimes, I just need to think this. To think that he is alive.

That's all I need.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users