5 replies to this topic

#1 war5444

war5444

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • LocationONI, Sydney

Posted 30 September 2014 - 02:47 PM

If someone could show me where to find the map editor, i'd love you.

#2 Stephan-338

Stephan-338

Former Lead Playtester

• Inactive Staff
  • 739 posts
  • Steam:Stephan-338
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 30 September 2014 - 03:09 PM

It's right there: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion\Galaxy Forge

Or where ever you installed Sins to

Posted Image

#3 war5444

war5444

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • LocationONI, Sydney

Posted 30 September 2014 - 03:22 PM

any way to add in the mod's planets like the Halo ring, or a shield world?

#4 Cole Protocol

Cole Protocol

Balancing Coder - Particle Effects Artist

• Mod Staff
  • 1,390 posts
  • Steam:Cole Protocol
  • LocationSpirit of Fire, chilling with the Enduring Conviction.

Posted 30 September 2014 - 03:37 PM

YES.  HEHEHEHEHEHEHE

ehem. Excuse that but I love ranting about maps, so lets start.

To make a map you want to find your galaxy forge file in the program files directory, usually under the steam, ironclad, sins, etc. and then you will find Galaxy forge.exe. That right there is what you want. Open it and then your officially in the business of making maps! Once in there, things get a bit confusing if you dont know what to look for, so to start from the basics. Right clicking lets you spawn in a planet, you can change what planet by clicking on the planet and looking through the little box on the lower left. While your looking at this you'll notice a variety of different settings that should be pretty self explanatory. But if you are making a normal, non advanced map you simply want to set all grav well sizes to -1 (for reasons) and right click on the planets you want to connect and click add connection. Then, you can start making maps!

Galaxy forge is best explored rather than taught, so ill stop here, but if you got questions post them and ill try to help out!  :D

#5 war5444

war5444

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • LocationONI, Sydney

Posted 30 September 2014 - 03:40 PM

I have made some for entrenchment YES THAT IS STILL A GAME! So i know my way around the forge, it was a bit much at first :3

Anyways, but still in lies the question, theres options for lets say a moon, or ice planet, but no halo ring/methane world/ect. how would I get those in the forge? Just type in where it says planet type "halo" or "shield_world"?

#6 Cole Protocol

Cole Protocol

Balancing Coder - Particle Effects Artist

• Mod Staff
  • 1,390 posts
  • Steam:Cole Protocol
  • LocationSpirit of Fire, chilling with the Enduring Conviction.

Posted 30 September 2014 - 03:44 PM

Your gonna wanna go into your sotp mod directory, and find the galaxysceariodef file in the gameinfo folder. copy (DON'T CUT!!!!!!) that into the galaxy forge folder in the sins directory, it will ask you to replace, say yes. then the appropriate planet types will show up. Icons are a bit screwy ATM, but that's changing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users