4 replies to this topic

#1 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 16 November 2014 - 01:16 PM

"This is a time to rejoice, a moment that all Halo fans should savor. For the Halo 2: Anniversary Terminals have been found, and with them, your path will be clear; your entry into a greater understanding guaranteed. Your next Great Journey is nigh, and nothing – not even the Flood – can stop it..."

SPOILERS BELOW THIS POST:  This thread is to be a discussion of the above content.  Its a spoiler heavy zone.

Now that that's said, something fascinating that I just realized; The Arbiter is responsible for Thorne's parents deaths, he was in charge of the Glassing of Alluvion.

#2 Demosthenes

Demosthenes

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 10:51 PM

I didn't realize until I saw this that the rank of Arbiter was a way for the Prophets to dispose of leaders among the Elites in order to keep them in submission.  It seems likely from the terminals that even if Thel had succeeded in stopping Halo's destruction he would have been shamed and made Arbiter through some mischief of Truth.  I wouldn't call anything in the terminals a spoiler though.  I didn't pick up on anything that would have implications for future games.

#3 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 17 November 2014 - 12:22 AM

I didn't realize until I saw this that the rank of Arbiter was a way for the Prophets to dispose of leaders among the Elites in order to keep them in submission.  It seems likely from the terminals that even if Thel had succeeded in stopping Halo's destruction he would have been shamed and made Arbiter through some mischief of Truth.  I wouldn't call anything in the terminals a spoiler though.  I didn't pick up on anything that would have implications for future games.

I actually now remember how the Prophet of Stewardship from Halo: The Flood constantly undermined Thel's command at every turn.  It may have been intentional.

#4 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 22 November 2014 - 09:25 AM

I found the terminals to be extremely good, both in realization and quantity of informations. Well done.

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#5 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 23 November 2014 - 01:41 PM

Agreed, great information on the Covenant, I'm liking how much tie in the Sangheili are getting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users