• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MajorJohnSmith

MajorJohnSmith

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:18 PM

First, I'd just like to say thanks to everyone who has worked on this mod; I've been wishing there was a Halo starship RTS like this since I read the first Halo novels about a decade ago! I've been having a ton of fun with it.

I am experimenting with making my own maps in Galaxy Forge and I'm adjusting the planet templates for Forerunner and Flood worlds to make things a bit more interesting and vary the the units spawned there.

So far, for the Flood, I've managed to get their infected Guardians ("HomeGuardian" as its labelled), infected Centurions, and various infected flood UNSC/Covenant ships working. For the Forerunners, I've managed to get combat sentinels, Vanguards, and Centurions.

However, I haven't been able to figure out how to add the newer Flood pure form Carrier, which I'm a big fan of. Does anyone know how to add that or what its label is? And I've tried to add other Forerunner ships but I haven't had success. I assume the rest of the Forerunner ship files are placeholders for now and haven't been implemented/released to the public? Thanks!

#2 Cole Protocol

Cole Protocol

Balancing Coder - Particle Effects Artist

• Mod Staff
  • 1,390 posts
  • Steam:Cole Protocol
  • LocationSpirit of Fire, chilling with the Enduring Conviction.

Posted 26 November 2014 - 08:50 AM

If you want to find it, I first recommend you get Notepad++, makes your like much easier. Then, find the Carriers entity name, next run down its name in the GSD (Galaxyscenariodef). The name it is linked to in the GSD is the name you should be able to spawn it from.

Hope this helps, and welcome to the forums.

#3 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 10:40 AM

If you want to find it, I first recommend you get Notepad++, makes your like much easier. Then, find the Carriers entity name, next run down its name in the GSD (Galaxyscenariodef). The name it is linked to in the GSD is the name you should be able to spawn it from.

Hope this helps, and welcome to the forums.

Just don't touch anything in the GSD file. If you do you will 9 times out of ten break the mod.

"Japan received freedom so hard it was atomizing." -VDNKh
Spoiler

#4 MajorJohnSmith

MajorJohnSmith

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 02:34 AM

Thanks folks! It turned out the GSD didn't actually have any entity to design name mapping for the Flood carrier, so I had to add it myself to the file. It's working now! In case anyone else ever wants to do this, for reference, the Flood carrier's entity name is CAPITALSHIP_FLOODCARRIER. Now time for my UNSC fleet to go wage war against fleets of Flood carriers... :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users