#1 I Am Sancho

I Am Sancho

Audio Director

• Mod Staff
  • 341 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 07 December 2014 - 10:33 AM

Hello everyone! Sancho here!

I wanted to give you all a much needed preview of things to come for Sins of the Prophets Sound! As the programming team is busy reconstructing the game to purge bugs, we've been working hard on a sound update that will rock your socks off! Also, the update looks a lot sicker on Moddb for embedding reasons but I figured this would also be a nice place to talk about it :)

https://soundcloud.c...venant-ui-tease

First off, The Covenant User Interface is getting a much needed face-lift and the old placeholder is out! (Sancho is not the best Elite admittedly) I'm pleased to announce the addition of I'mNotJamesEarlJones to the Sotp Vocal Talent! He will be playing an Elite Arbiter tasked with updating the fleet-master of vital naval information. Enjoy! 

https://soundcloud.c...of-the-prophets

We are also happy to introduce our newest staff member: MattP. MattP is a SFX artist that has been assisting replacement efforts of all of the Vanilla SOASE SFX with our own, to truly make this a total conversion Mod. Here are a few things he's been cooking up for you to devour with your eardrums. (super stoked for the plasma boiling metal sound)

https://soundcloud.c...he-prophets-ost

Lastly, Waseem Faraz Butt has remastered several prominent tracks from the Sins of the Prophets score, and has made them available for you to download! Now you can enjoy the score of SotP to your hearts content! (#TotallyHaveItOnRepeatRightNow)

...blip... Thanks from the Sound Team for voting for Mod of the Year! BTW If we get enough votes, We may have a kick ass present for you on the 25th. ...blip...

• Waseem Faraz Butt, DGaius, SternuS and 4 others like this
Posted Image

#2 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 07 December 2014 - 10:37 AM

As always, a fucking awesome job. Well done chaps.

• I Am Sancho and Waseem Faraz Butt like this

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#3 MrChipps

MrChipps

Having a beer with Colonel Jack O'Neill

• Contributor
  • 789 posts
  • LocationThe Commonwealth wasteland

Posted 07 December 2014 - 05:14 PM

As always, a fucking awesome job. Well done chaps.

This sums up my feelings as well. I don't think I've ever seen a mod with so much emphasis on getting the sound right, It's great!
Sweden can into gender!

#4 MasterBuilderFaber

MasterBuilderFaber

Crewman

• Members
  • 157 posts
  • Steam:MasterBuilderFaber
  • LocationMaethrillian, Forerunner Ecumene

Posted 11 July 2015 - 01:26 PM

As much as I love this mod's soundtrack, I feel it is missing the Halo feel. It would be great to include some inspired tracks and remixes from the game OSTs themselves. I would love to be blasting away with the Infinity while hearing 117 or something inspired by it in the background. However, I understand the copyright issues.

Great work, anyhow.

"I am the Warden Eternal! Keeper of the Domain and her secrets. The Master Chief was called. But you, your passage has been denied"
Spoiler

#5 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 11 July 2015 - 02:09 PM

As much as I love this mod's soundtrack, I feel it is missing the Halo feel. It would be great to include some inspired tracks and remixes from the game OSTs themselves. I would love to be blasting away with the Infinity while hearing 117 or something inspired by it in the background. However, I understand the copyright issues.

Great work, anyhow.

I'm pretty sure it is permissible by Microsoft's terms of use or whatever. I guess the team just wants its own soundtrack I guess. There is always youtube or private music players for that, though.

I like the music currently in the mod but I would like a larger variety. I feel like I'm constantly hearing the same peacetime or battle songs every time I play.

• 베이클라이트 and Idio like this

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#6 MasterBuilderFaber

MasterBuilderFaber

Crewman

• Members
  • 157 posts
  • Steam:MasterBuilderFaber
  • LocationMaethrillian, Forerunner Ecumene

Posted 11 July 2015 - 02:13 PM

@Crisiss

I agree entirely, but I'm just saying Halo based music will fit in better with a Halo based mod. It was just a suggestion anyway, it does not affect my opinion of the mod.

"I am the Warden Eternal! Keeper of the Domain and her secrets. The Master Chief was called. But you, your passage has been denied"
Spoiler

#7 Idio

Idio

Supreme Commander of the Playtester Corps

• Mod Staff
  • 161 posts
  • Steam:Idio
  • Location<ONI.SEC3> //96th FRC// [LOCALE: REDACTED]

Posted 27 July 2015 - 06:53 AM

I personally LOVE the music for this mod, and I don't feel like any other themes, or OST's would fit within the confines of SotP's spectacular sound design.

It's perfectly Halo, but with a spacey feel, that you just can't find in any of the tracks within the other Halo games. Just listen to the last half of the theme, and feel that crushing feeling of desperation, loss, and struggle. It's perfect.

Shoehorning in old themes, and tracks, would be a terrible idea, and would take away from Waseem's talent as a fantastic composer, keeping him from experimenting with new tracks. It's always a better idea to stay original, rather than using recycled content.

• Redleader102 likes this
I'm Idio, not idiot!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users