• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Delyruin

Delyruin

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 12:18 AM

Hey guys, I was playing today and I ran into a planet that was smothered in mines, probably about 50 in all. They kinda fucked up my fleet a bit as all the micromanaging in the world couldn't help me avoid them. I sent in some ONI Sloops because I thought they had the power to clear mines, but it turns out they only have the power to reveal the mines.I looked for a UNSC ship that could sweep and clear the mines but I could not find one. None of my ships would do anything about the mines except get killed by them, and even when I took the planet the construction drones would not deconstruct them.... They floated there, eternally poisoning the gravity well.

My question is twofold:

1. Is there a UNSC ship that clears mines that I simply cannot find?

2. How do you folks deal with mines?

#2 Emperorfluffball

Emperorfluffball

Crewman

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • LocationEpsilon Eridani

Posted 08 February 2015 - 12:47 AM

Using the Sloop, like all scout frigates auto attack is disabled, effectively putting them into a "cease fire" mode where they will not shoot at anything.
this can be toggled by right clicking the attack button. if you look at... say a Paris frigate's attack button there is a the swirling grey circle. this indicates that auto attack is activated...
sloops can destroy mines by  having the attack button activated...

this is the easiest way with the least amount of Micro.

the other way is to have an athens or a carrier in system while the sloop "spots" targets (in this case the mines) for the strike craft.

• Unleashed, Rocket1615 and Delyruin like this

“Listen to me, Covenant. I am Vice Admiral  Preston J. Cole commanding the human flagship, Everest You claim to be the holy and glorious inheritors of the universe? I spit on your so-called holiness. You dare judge us unfit? After I have personally sent more than three hundred of your vainglorious ships to hell? After kicking your collective butts off Harvest - not once - but twice? From where I sit, we are the worthy inheritors. You think otherwise, you can come and try to prove me wrong. Is that the best you can do? Watch what one unworthy human can do!”

"How do we go?" "WE GO FEET FIRST!"

#3 Delyruin

Delyruin

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 12:57 AM

Well damn I feel kinda retarded. Thank you man....this will ease my conquest significantly, this AI I'm playing is quite the mine fanatic.

#4 Emperorfluffball

Emperorfluffball

Crewman

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • LocationEpsilon Eridani

Posted 08 February 2015 - 01:12 PM

Using the Sloop, like all scout frigates auto attack is disabled, effectively putting them into a "cease fire" mode where they will not shoot at anything.
this can be toggled by right clicking the attack button. if you look at... say a Paris frigate's attack button there is a the swirling grey circle. this indicates that auto attack is activated...
sloops can destroy mines by  having the attack button activated...

this is the easiest way with the least amount of Micro.

the other way is to have an athens or a carrier in system while the sloop "spots" targets (in this case the mines) for the strike craft.

but the 2nd way mean you have to constantly keep an eye on the scout an manuver it yourself

“Listen to me, Covenant. I am Vice Admiral  Preston J. Cole commanding the human flagship, Everest You claim to be the holy and glorious inheritors of the universe? I spit on your so-called holiness. You dare judge us unfit? After I have personally sent more than three hundred of your vainglorious ships to hell? After kicking your collective butts off Harvest - not once - but twice? From where I sit, we are the worthy inheritors. You think otherwise, you can come and try to prove me wrong. Is that the best you can do? Watch what one unworthy human can do!”

"How do we go?" "WE GO FEET FIRST!"

#5 Aunt Gruntie

Aunt Gruntie

Sterilized Food Nipples!

• Contributor
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 11:09 PM

Or just spam the things in the general area of the mines. Say build 20 of em and just throw them at the mines

• MrChipps, Stephan-338 and Crisiss like this

Help me Sergeant I'm lost in Kurfluffle land!

#6 Battlegrinder

Battlegrinder

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 10:27 AM

Any ship can be a minesweeper...once.

• David0425, Crisiss and Riftis like this

#7 Aunt Gruntie

Aunt Gruntie

Sterilized Food Nipples!

• Contributor
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 10:17 AM

That makes me want to use the envoys to clear mines while using their invulnerability. Dont think the mines will detonate if the ability's activated though.

Help me Sergeant I'm lost in Kurfluffle land!

#8 Trivv12

Trivv12

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 05:29 PM

I just fly into the mines with my suicide fleet. :P

#9 Idio

Idio

Supreme Commander of the Playtester Corps

• Mod Staff
  • 161 posts