• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Sylix

Sylix

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 05:36 AM

1. What are the best ways to invade flood worlds (playing as the UNSC) they're annoying the shit out of me.

I love the flood, but they become an annoyance after awhile. So I want to take out their home world so they can leave me alone. My only fear is that my whole fleet will get infected and the flood will be much more powerful, and they have a crap tons of guardians that take forever to kill.

2. I been reading a few post that where made a few years back and I found something call infection research. It's not in the mod anymore though.

3. Not about the flood but can the halo rings do anything? I remember seeing them only once in a match a few months back.

#2 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts
  • Steam:WarRanger2034
  • LocationDeveloping the cure for the Flood

Posted 20 February 2015 - 06:46 AM

1) Your not really supposed to. Flood=On is how long you can survive not if you can kill them. I mean you can but its damn hard to do and you need to be microing that battle 24/7. If you really want a tip just try to get shiva capitals supported by stalwarts into the flood world thats what I use to do but it ws still very unlikely to work.

2) Never heard of that or saw it as a PT. Someone else will have to respond on that.

3) Halo Rings just sit there and nice and pretty right now. The devs have some ideas iirc.

When I die, please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear! Just pack my box with PT gear! 'Cuz one early morning 'bout zero five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky! Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!”

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#3 Mrripley9

Mrripley9

Chief Petty Officer

• Authorized Playtester
  • 569 posts
  • Steam:The Rip-meister
  • LocationReach :P

Posted 20 February 2015 - 08:19 AM

You don't fight them. You just die. A very painful death and it's either going to be very slow or very fast, depending on how the flood is feeling that day. 

I've only "beaten" the flood once... and that was because he was focused more on my 6 other enemies other than me, and because I had everything single planet with as many mines, macs, and fighter bases as I could with orbital stations on each and every one of them. If they had attacked full-force, and not with small battle groups, which still broke through my defenses sometimes, they would've plowed me, my ships, and everything in the entire system. 

“Usually, the good Lord works in mysterious ways. But not today! This here is 66 tons of straight-up, H.E-spewing dee-vine intervention! If God is love, then you can call me 'Cupid'!”

76561198099678337.png

#4 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Necromancer Supreme, agig did 9/11 2015

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts
  • Steam:Fleet Admiral agigabyte
  • LocationUNSC Skrubtester

Posted 20 February 2015 - 10:44 AM

Infection was an old UNSC research option. It's been so long I can't remember what it does, but I believe it made it possible to control where flood raided or something.
WE WILL RIP THEIR SKULLS FROM THEIR SPINES, AND TOSS THEM AWAY, LAUGHIN'!

Oh, I know what the ladies like... -Sarge Johnson

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#5 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts
  • Steam:sloosecannon
  • LocationThis dimension (right now...)

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:00 PM

Infection was an old UNSC research option. It's been so long I can't remember what it does, but I believe it made it possible to control where flood raided or something.

Infection sent random Flood attacks to enemy planets. It was very deadly and unbalanced....

#define true false
//happy debugging suckers!!!!!

Notable SOTP forum/Steam chat quotes:

Spoiler

Donate to the forum! https://kd8rho.net/donate

#6 Aunt Gruntie

Aunt Gruntie

Sterilized Food Nipples!

• Contributor
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 08:10 PM

Best way to fight the flood as the UNSC is to build 20 charons and 20 stalwarts and watch them die horribly and then go cry in a corner and think about what you have done.
  • Unikraken, MrChipps, Fleet Admiral agigabyte and 5 others like this

Help me Sergeant I'm lost in Kurfluffle land!

#7 cagywhiterino

cagywhiterino

Petty Officer Third Class

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 20 February 2015 - 08:49 PM

Best way to fight the flood as the UNSC is to build 20 charons and 20 stalwarts and watch them die horribly and then go cry in a corner and think about what you have done.

please command all my fleets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Unikraken, Fleet Admiral agigabyte and Delyruin like this

We regret being alien bastards! We regret coming to earth! But we most definitely regret that the corps just blew up our raggedy ass fleet! - Sargent Avery J Johnson  

#8 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 20 February 2015 - 11:45 PM

1. What are the best ways to invade flood worlds (playing as the UNSC) they're annoying the shit out of me.

I love the flood, but they become an annoyance after awhile. So I want to take out their home world so they can leave me alone. My only fear is that my whole fleet will get infected and the flood will be much more powerful, and they have a crap tons of guardians that take forever to kill.

2. I been reading a few post that where made a few years back and I found something call infection research. It's not in the mod anymore though.

3. Not about the flood but can the halo rings do anything? I remember seeing them only once in a match a few months back.

Flak frigates mixed with destroyers is usually a good way to go. Try for a 2-1 or 3-1 ratio.

Turn the flood off if they're an issue.

Infection research is no longer a thing.

Halo rings have high population, that is about it for now.

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#9 insaene

insaene

Master of the Insane(You! Yeah YOU!!)

• Contributor
  • 645 posts
  • LocationIn your mind, eating your sanity

Posted 23 February 2015 - 04:30 AM

I dont get it why everyone has so much problems with the flood...
  • Crisiss and Riftis like this

Dwarf.png

It takes a dwarf to use magma for snow shoveling

Only in Dwarf Fortress would you try to catch a mermaid to butcher her and make trophies out of her bones

#10 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 24 February 2015 - 06:37 PM

Because the fear factor is so high it can cause you to freeze. People also seem to not understand the spores infect and are strikecraft.

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#11 Mrripley9

Mrripley9

Chief Petty Officer

• Authorized Playtester
  • 569 posts
  • Steam:The Rip-meister
  • LocationReach :P

Posted 24 February 2015 - 09:52 PM

What Uni said, and because they're freakin' tough.

“Usually, the good Lord works in mysterious ways. But not today! This here is 66 tons of straight-up, H.E-spewing dee-vine intervention! If God is love, then you can call me 'Cupid'!”

76561198099678337.png

#12 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 24 February 2015 - 11:44 PM

If you don't understand how the game works anything can mess you up.

Like most people don't realize the damage values you see in game are damage per second (DPS), not the actual damage per shot.

• Mrripley9 and Crisiss like this

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#13 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 25 February 2015 - 10:02 AM

The best way to defeat the flood is to build this.

Spoiler

That's the only time I tried to fight the flood. But I lost, so...uhm...

Oh, you know how the saying goes: too many cooks will spoil the broth if you can't fight them, join them.

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users