• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Striker2237

Striker2237

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 04:09 AM

I am curious as to if the flood can infect anchor stations, I'm trying to counter them but keep losing ships trying.....

#2 Whitehalomango

Whitehalomango

That One White Guy

• White Name
  • 1,141 posts
  • Steam:bluehalomango
  • LocationSydney HighCom Facility Bravo-6

Posted 22 February 2015 - 04:44 AM

Not from what I know but two other things, fight the flood with anti fighter ships. They infect you with fighters so use Stalwarts to counter that. Another thing, playing with Flood Active is a death sentence. YOU WILL DIE! AND THE MORE YOU DIE, THE STRONGER THEY ARE, MEANING YOU DIE MORE! You get the idea? Don't play Flood Active unless you want to play a kind of survival/last stand mode. Flood Inactive only means they don't send out Infecting parties.

I learn from the past, enjoy the present and look forward to the future.

Remember Off-Topic!

#3 Scorpii

Scorpii

Code Monkey #777

• Mod Staff
  • 359 posts
  • Steam:acbrother1

Posted 22 February 2015 - 07:26 AM

The flood can infect your soul and your dreams of winning. Thanks VD

• Unikraken, sloosecannon and VDNKh like this
SPAM ALL THE CHARONS AND HAIL THE MOD STAFF

"Let's Get It On" -The Flood whispering to me

Posted Image

#4 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 22 February 2015 - 07:28 AM

I've heard that the best way to counter the Flood is with swarms of Stalwarts and Athens carriers. The Stallies will kill the spores and the Athens will MAC any ships down.

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#5 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 22 February 2015 - 08:03 AM

Yeah but can they infect flood?

xzibit_yo_dawg_render_by_kernelpanicx-d5

• Unikraken, sloosecannon, Bornstellaris and 3 others like this

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#6 VDNKh

VDNKh

Creator of Worlds

• Inactive Staff
  • 344 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 08:32 AM

I am curious as to if the flood can infect anchor stations, I'm trying to counter them but keep losing ships trying.....

They cannot infect star bases. Which is very important because you can give the the "Auxiliary Government" upgrade which will prevent the Flood from capturing the planet. Sabres and Stalwarts are also the most effective Flood killers I find.

But part of fighting the Flood is letting go of planets that you cannot defend. You're going to find you will desperately be holding on to 3 or 4 planets at the peak of Flood activity, then slowly you'll starting pushing them back when they have lost their steam. But early game its really important to take as many planets as possible to get all those resources for star bases and such.

This thread explains it more: https://sinsofthepro...ting-the-flood/

"Well if the AI is so retarded the answer is simple, just make the player dumber too."

- Ancient Modding Proverb

#7 JasonAHawkins

JasonAHawkins

Loves Bornsteller, who wouldn't?

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 09:40 AM

Yeah but can they infect flood?

nhyT7vF.jpg

• Unikraken, Bornstellaris, Fleet Admiral agigabyte and 5 others like this
Bornsteller is so good of a modeler that he should be on the cover of Victoria Secret.™

#8 Sev

Sev

CAW Tester

• CAW Tester
  • 309 posts
  • Steam:Jazza!!!!!!!
  • LocationERROR: 001 To lazy to check

Posted 22 February 2015 - 04:10 PM

Or spam stalwarts and charons. I use 2 Charons for every stalwart I've built. I do this so I've still got siege frigates to capture their planets. And then I build another powerful fleet composed of Destroyers, Marathons/Autumns and a Supercarrier to defend against the A.Is.

Though this is mostly a lategame strategy...

#9 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 22 February 2015 - 04:51 PM

Or spam stalwarts and charons. I use 2 Charons for every stalwart I've built. I do this so I've still got siege frigates to capture their planets. And then I build another powerful fleet composed of Destroyers, Marathons/Autumns and a Supercarrier to defend against the A.Is.

Though this is mostly a lategame strategy...

Horrible idea. They get a new raid fleet every time they capture a planet. So if they keep capping a planet and you keep bombing it you could potentially spawn an ass ton of flood ships.

The flood can infect everything but starbases, the CAS, and titans. 

Stalwarts as a flak frigate and some sort of combat ship to do the actual damage is what I would recommend. Uni recommends Athens but they are pretty expensive in both materials/credits and supply cost to be worth anything, really.

• Cougar likes this

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#10 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 22 February 2015 - 05:35 PM

Horrible idea. They get a new raid fleet every time they capture a planet. So if they keep capping a planet and you keep bombing it you could potentially spawn an ass ton of flood ships.

The flood can infect everything but starbases, the CAS, and titans. 

Stalwarts as a flak frigate and some sort of combat ship to do the actual damage is what I would recommend. Uni recommends Athens but they are pretty expensive in both materials/credits and supply cost to be worth anything, really.

I recommend the Athens because of the additional strikecraft. If you want to solely rely on stalwarts for anti-spore, you can probably just send a fleet of Stalwart and Thanatos. Bomb it with Charons after.

#11 Scorpii

Scorpii

Code Monkey #777

• Mod Staff
  • 359 posts
  • Steam:acbrother1

Posted 22 February 2015 - 10:24 PM

I thought this issue got fixed?

SPAM ALL THE CHARONS AND HAIL THE MOD STAFF

"Let's Get It On" -The Flood whispering to me

Posted Image

#12 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 22 February 2015 - 10:25 PM

I thought this issue got fixed?

Independent issue. Only occurs with flood worlds with guardians still in orbit.

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#13 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 22 February 2015 - 10:27 PM

Independent issue. Only occurs with flood worlds with guardians still in orbit.

Spring Contingency. It was fixed.

• Scorpii and Crisiss like this

#14 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts
  • Steam:sloosecannon
  • LocationThis dimension (right now...)

Posted 22 February 2015 - 11:06 PM

The specific issue of a flood homeworld being bombed repeatedly and bringing an assault force from the depths of Hades was fixed, but what Crissis is taking about isn't fixed since it's not a bug. An active food fleet can and will micro-contingency on you if you try to fight over a planet

TL;DR: The "fix" only applies to flood homeworlds
  • Unikraken, Bornstellaris, VDNKh and 2 others like this
#define true false
//happy debugging suckers!!!!!

Notable SOTP forum/Steam chat quotes:

Spoiler

Donate to the forum! https://kd8rho.net/donate

#15 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 22 February 2015 - 11:50 PM

I'm aware. My point is that it is a separate issue, not the same thing.

Spoiler

Spoiler

#16 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 22 February 2015 - 11:59 PM

The specific issue of a flood homeworld being bombed repeatedly and bringing an assault force from the depths of Hades was fixed, but what Crissis is taking about isn't fixed since it's not a bug. An active food fleet can and will micro-contingency on you if you try to fight over a planet

TL;DR: The "fix" only applies to flood homeworlds

Ah. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

#17 Striker2237

Striker2237

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 06:00 PM

Well the flood mostly are busy making life hard for the AI right now, I'm on the other side of the map but they took my fringe world and I wanted it back lol! I ended up sending in 150 stalwarts and simply crushed them with 150 mac guns firing at the guardians one at a time and leaving when they killed more than 40 of my ships. I had so many AA frigs that the infectors were totally harmless but the guardians themselves hurt alot, hence why I need to leave when I lose too many ships. My main 3 clusters of planets are extremely well defended (maxed out anchor and as many mac guns as the system can hold and the 6 border worlds have 4 supercarriers with interceptors, after the flood started coming near my systems I moved all ships into 2 groups to watch the two worlds they were coming in from ) so the flood hardly ever are able to get more than 1 or 2 ships from me before they die. Problem is I can't beat them so well on their home turf, takes at least 3 attacks with the stalwart battle group to weaken them enough for me to set down an anchor without losing it and to bring in one of the two fleets to take the system back. 

#18 Striker2237

Striker2237

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 06:08 PM

Btw this mod is by far one of the best I've ever played for ANY game and is very fun and hold true to the books! I love that aspect the most, nothing quite like getting your brand new fleet of marathons you feel are invincible get crushed in half a minute by the first covenant fleet  you encounter.........you have hope at first and press in when they lose 6 ships from the opening salvo, gets you thinking your shiny capitals will win it easy.  However then it's like "Oh $#!%" when the capital ship commission counter starts going from 0 to 26 REALLY quick and soon the whole fleet is dead! SMAC platforms are the best thing ever......just awesome...... I will say they need much more range to reflect the books, in the books (fall of reach) the SMACs started firing and hitting the enemy ships much before the fleets rounds could accurately hit. I suggest perhaps giving the SMACs double the range of a marathon class as we know one of those was present at reach and failed to land a hit at ranges the SMACs were hitting targets, just a suggestion though......

• Unikraken likes this

#19 VDNKh

VDNKh

Creator of Worlds

• Inactive Staff
  • 344 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 10:19 AM

SMAC platforms are the best thing ever......just awesome...... I will say they need much more range to reflect the books, in the books (fall of reach) the SMACs started firing and hitting the enemy ships much before the fleets rounds could accurately hit. I suggest perhaps giving the SMACs double the range of a marathon class as we know one of those was present at reach and failed to land a hit at ranges the SMACs were hitting targets, just a suggestion though......

A very powerful defensive tactic is having a small fleet of Halcyons defending in front of a SMAC. That way the enemy fleet wastes its firepower on those damage sponge Halcyons while the SMACs can take shots from the back and snipe the fleet to oblivion. 

"Well if the AI is so retarded the answer is simple, just make the player dumber too."

- Ancient Modding Proverb

#20 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 24 February 2015 - 01:51 PM

A very powerful defensive tactic is having a small fleet of Halcyons defending in front of a SMAC. That way the enemy fleet wastes its firepower on those damage sponge Halcyons while the SMACs can take shots from the back and snipe the fleet to oblivion.

I would say that only works with AI but then I see your signature...
  • Fleet Admiral agigabyte likes this

Spoiler

Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users