6 replies to this topic

#1 Emperorfluffball

Emperorfluffball

Crewman

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • LocationEpsilon Eridani

Posted 13 April 2015 - 06:25 PM

so i was reading up on the Valiant and it seems that the current build in game doesn't do it justice, although admittedly I only research it so i can get Orions on the field.
could someone from the Devs or the lucky few that are playtesters post the Statistics of the valiant or explain why the valiant seems to have such a narrow role when it was capable or much more than just command and control. from what i've read other than the Orion its the closest thing the UNSC has to a battleship

“Listen to me, Covenant. I am Vice Admiral  Preston J. Cole commanding the human flagship, Everest You claim to be the holy and glorious inheritors of the universe? I spit on your so-called holiness. You dare judge us unfit? After I have personally sent more than three hundred of your vainglorious ships to hell? After kicking your collective butts off Harvest - not once - but twice? From where I sit, we are the worthy inheritors. You think otherwise, you can come and try to prove me wrong. Is that the best you can do? Watch what one unworthy human can do!”

"How do we go?" "WE GO FEET FIRST!"

#2 Emperorfluffball

Emperorfluffball

Crewman

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • LocationEpsilon Eridani

Posted 13 April 2015 - 06:28 PM

And a little off topic but a good question to ask? will the Poseidon Class Light carrier be added to the game along with the Vindication class Light Battleship?
they are canon having been part of Battlegroup Dakota in Halo 4. Its the Battlegroup that was sent to intercept the Mantle's Approach

“Listen to me, Covenant. I am Vice Admiral  Preston J. Cole commanding the human flagship, Everest You claim to be the holy and glorious inheritors of the universe? I spit on your so-called holiness. You dare judge us unfit? After I have personally sent more than three hundred of your vainglorious ships to hell? After kicking your collective butts off Harvest - not once - but twice? From where I sit, we are the worthy inheritors. You think otherwise, you can come and try to prove me wrong. Is that the best you can do? Watch what one unworthy human can do!”

"How do we go?" "WE GO FEET FIRST!"

#3 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Necromancer Supreme, agig did 9/11 2015

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts
  • Steam:Fleet Admiral agigabyte
  • LocationUNSC Skrubtester

Posted 13 April 2015 - 06:29 PM

Nope. Neither.
WE WILL RIP THEIR SKULLS FROM THEIR SPINES, AND TOSS THEM AWAY, LAUGHIN'!

Oh, I know what the ladies like... -Sarge Johnson

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#4 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 13 April 2015 - 10:11 PM

Valiant is fairly good for its cost/supply. Good armor/hull, beefier than most of the capital ships, acts as C&C, I think it's pretty decent. There is always room for improvement though, but I honestly can't comment since I haven't played the revised build (if it's even done yet).

No, the new-age ships are not going in because they are
A: redundant
B: ugly, or so some of the staff says
  • SternuS likes this

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#5 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 14 April 2015 - 12:35 AM

The Valiant always had, in my opinion (and in my fleets), a position of command and control over the fleet, with a decent dps and hull. It always lasted enough in battles to give me some buffs and to allow me to target priority ships.

I've never built more than one-two per fleet, honestly the Marathon (and later the Autumn) can decisely provide more fire power and duration than the Valiant (also in terms of cost/supply). You shouldn't use it as a first-line battlecruiser. Keep it in the back and provide a little micro.

• Unikraken, Cole Protocol and Riftis like this

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#6 Cole Protocol

Cole Protocol

Balancing Coder - Particle Effects Artist

• Mod Staff
  • 1,390 posts
  • Steam:Cole Protocol
  • LocationSpirit of Fire, chilling with the Enduring Conviction.

Posted 14 April 2015 - 08:37 AM

The Valiant always had, in my opinion (and in my fleets), a position of command and control over the fleet, with a decent dps and hull. It always lasted enough in battles to give me some buffs and to allow me to target priority ships.

I've never built more than one-two per fleet, honestly the Marathon (and later the Autumn) can decisely provide more fire power and duration than the Valiant (also in terms of cost/supply). You shouldn't use it as a first-line battlecruiser. Keep it in the back and provide a little micro.

^This sums it up really.

Additionally, the Valiant, to my knowledge anyway, appeared only once in the lore. Which would be the UNSC Everest (Cole's ship). So having it sparsely used in ratio to other cruisers, such as the Marathon, reflects how the UNSC uses it in lore. As for the 1 Valiant in the fleet there was roughly 12 other cruisers during Cole's battle Psi Serpentis. 

As for the other ships... not happening. They clash with aesthetics and we already have a overflowed ship roster.

• Unikraken and SternuS like this

#7 D4RKST0RM99

D4RKST0RM99

There's a DarkStorm coming Mr. Canadaman...

• Authorized Playtester
  • 961 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 15 April 2015 - 05:39 PM

I get the feeling the sole reason those H4 ships exist in lore is that for 4 years after halo 3 the UNSC had next to no ships to defend its territories so it hastily rushed together some crudely designed ships just to fill out their numbers, they in no way reflect the natural progression in the design lineage you would expect from the classic designs. I'm so sure those h4 ships started off as a loose crayon scribble stuck to the fridge door of a 343I employee marked- "James- age 4".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Unikraken and SternuS like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users