• Create Account

Photo

"The Reclamation Has Already Began, And We Are Hopeless To Stop It" Spartan Ops Thread

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Fsabran

Fsabran

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationSão Paulo, Brazil

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

So, seeing the lack of a Halo lore thread ( as in discussion of general lore) I made this one so that we can discuss the lore introduced in Halo 4 and Spartan Ops.
For example I will be compelling all the information gained from chapter seven until the Season finale starting with:
-The UNSC Infinity has an aft MAC.
-It's CIWS include some kind of hight velocity KEW ( most likely a heavy gauss cannon or a Railgun)
-Dr. Halsey somehow has access to the factory reset code of UNSC AI's.
-Jul M'dama still hasn't figured out how to use the Artifact that may or may not contain the librarian AI.
-The Infinity has 2 energy projectors in her arsenal.

Is there anything more of revelance to add that we learned during this episode?

#2 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

The weapon that fires at Mantle's Approach is an energy projector.

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#3 Fsabran

Fsabran

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:24 PM

The weapon that fires at Mantle's Approach is an energy projector.

Adding that, but the weapon that destroyed the CAS light cruiser in the 4 chapter of episode 7 was a MAC.

#4 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

Dr. Halsey somehow has access to the factory reset code of UNSC AI's.

Dr. Halsey helped develop the next generation of AIs, read her diary that came with halo reach limited edition

#5 Fsabran

Fsabran

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

Dr. Halsey helped develop the next generation of AIs, read her diary that came with halo reach limited edition

I know, but still, there should have been some kind of back up or human supervisor or you know taking out her autority because she is considered a prisioner, it's kind of stupid to have no fail safes in case an asset ( in this case Roland) which has control over your entire ship falls to to the enemy, that's how the Cylons managed to nuke the colonies without getting a** r**** by the colonial fleet.

#6 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts
  • LocationKent, Washington, USA

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:55 PM

Because even though Dr. Halsey is a prisoner, she was at one point the top of her field and had developed ways to skirt around security clearance more than once.

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#7 Fsabran

Fsabran

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:50 PM

My problem is not with her ( she is a super duper mega genious after all), my problem is with the fact that the only thing she needed to say was iridium something, I mean a two word code without any kind of clearance indentification, and she's not some kind of evil vilain so I believe that the UNSC knows about the code, but that's conjecture so I might as well be saying she's a space monkey from the year 3000.

#8 spartan-G257

spartan-G257

Gamma Company Recruit

• Contributor
  • 234 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:09 AM

if i remember correctly it was undead iridium. which makes bugger all sense so i am most likely incorrect
UNSC been beating the covies since 2525
Closed Beta Testing HHF
Hail the Commonwealth of Nations and long live the Queen
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts
  • Steam:sloosecannon
  • LocationThis dimension (right now...)

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:18 PM

without any kind of clearance indentification,

Is it too much of a stretch to assume there's some kind of voice recognition/ID?
#define true false
//happy debugging suckers!!!!!

Notable SOTP forum/Steam chat quotes:

Spoiler

Donate to the forum! https://kd8rho.net/donate

#10 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

Also what's up with the Harvester? I personally thought the design was pretty dumb. I mean it looked straight up like a beetle and had a spine and everything. To me it looked more Flood than anything else.

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#11 thefallenlords

thefallenlords

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:51 AM

Also what's up with the Harvester? I personally thought the design was pretty dumb. I mean it looked straight up like a beetle and had a spine and everything. To me it looked more Flood than anything else.

I dunno, my line of thought was beetle-oversized drone-drone hive? The Flood is usually is comprised of decomposing-looking biomass and since this thing was still fresh and natural looking, I thought Covenant.

#12 thefallenlords

thefallenlords

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:52 AM

I dunno, my line of thought was beetle>oversized drone>drone hive? The Flood is usually is comprised of decomposing-looking biomass and since this thing was still fresh and natural looking, I thought Covenant.

Hmm, turns out Halopedia says that its made up of Lekgolo a la Scarab. Guess that would kind of make sense.

#13 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

Hmm, turns out Halopedia says that its made up of Lekgolo a la Scarab. Guess that would kind of make sense.

which explains why i thought "is that a giant scarab?" when i first saw the thing

#14 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

Yeah but the Scarab was cool and mechanical looking - this is just too organic for me personally.

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#15 MasterOfShips

MasterOfShips

MasterOfPENIS

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

The trailer for episode 8 is out. I've posted it below.

Spoiler

"For Melisandre's vagina is dark and full of terror. Trust me, I know."

#16 HTRK74JR

HTRK74JR

t(-_-)t

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • LocationUNSC Horizon

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:55 PM

Yeah but the Scarab was cool and mechanical looking - this is just too organic for me personally.

im guessing that the legkolo had a major influence in the design, so that they could control it better. the scarab was originally a mining platform (halo 2) but went for battle like in halo 3/reach. legkolo were needed to have better reflexes and such. (im guessing)
Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users