#1 Private Churro

Private Churro

Crewman Apprentice

• Authorized Playtester
  • 19 posts
  • Steam:https://steamcommunity.com/id/codester343/
  • LocationMontez Military Academy, Reach, Epsilon Eridani System

Posted 30 July 2015 - 02:03 PM

What are your favorite games/series of all time?

(Excluding Halo, because honestly this thread would be redundant if we had included Halo)

*Playing SSB4 with brother* "Rosalina sucks ass you should never play her, unless you wanna lose" *Proceeds to kick his ass with Rosalina*
Spoiler

#2 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Necromancer Supreme, agig did 9/11 2015

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts
  • Steam:Fleet Admiral agigabyte
  • LocationUNSC Skrubtester

Posted 30 July 2015 - 02:30 PM

Star Wars: Battlefront 2
Star Wars: Empire At War
Star Wars: KotOR
SoaSE
Portal 2
HL2 (And Gmod)
Guns of Icarus Online
  • Mrripley9 and Sev like this
WE WILL RIP THEIR SKULLS FROM THEIR SPINES, AND TOSS THEM AWAY, LAUGHIN'!

Oh, I know what the ladies like... -Sarge Johnson

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#3 Private Churro

Private Churro

Crewman Apprentice

• Authorized Playtester
  • 19 posts
  • Steam:https://steamcommunity.com/id/codester343/
  • LocationMontez Military Academy, Reach, Epsilon Eridani System

Posted 30 July 2015 - 02:34 PM

Star Wars: Battlefront 2
Star Wars: Empire At War
Star Wars: KotOr  

You don't like Star Wars much do you? 

*Playing SSB4 with brother* "Rosalina sucks ass you should never play her, unless you wanna lose" *Proceeds to kick his ass with Rosalina*
Spoiler

#4 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 30 July 2015 - 02:50 PM

You don't like Star Wars much do you?

Pfft, that's nothing.

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#5 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts
  • Steam:sird31mos
  • LocationThe infinitesimal space between thoughts, on the cusp of uncountable instances of possibility.

Posted 30 July 2015 - 03:20 PM

My top five (in no particular order (get ready for nostalgia and old games)):

1. Elder Scrolls 3 Morrowind. An RPG that doesn't hold your hand with lit-up pathways and quest arrows, just directions in your journal and a fond smack on the bum to get you going. When you start the game, you have nothing. You ARE nothing. Over the course of the game you claw your way upward, inching your way forward in a hostile, uncaring world. But with hard work and dedication, the second half of the game becomes you walking around being an epic badass, solving the world's problems one group of bandits or blighted monsters at a time. There's nothing like it these days and it's just damn good.

2. The original Unreal Championship. Fast-paced FPS with solid game modes and great level design. Boasting an impressive array of varied characters and weapons, each with different strengths and weaknesses, it offers intense action against an AI that dominates with brutal efficiency if you give it an inch. Pick your team, and fight your way to the top.

3. Banjo-Kazooie. The good old adventure platformer from Rare's golden years. Impeccable world design, excellent music direction and witty dialogue provides a family-friendly experience that can still cater to more mature senses of humor (but if it doesn't quite tickle you, there's always Conker's Bad Fur-Day). The collectibles are hidden just well enough to require you you pay attention, but not well enough to frustrate the short-tempered. Just, fantastic.

4. Dark Souls. I could talk for hours about this game, so I'll just distill this down to the basics. I adore the combat that demands your attention, the interconnected open world design, the infinite depth and complexity of the narrative, and the profound sense of being utterly alone in a decaying world of death and madness. You are left to scrape together the pieces on your own in a once-mighty world. There's very little exposition, cutscenes often have zero dialogue, and the closest thing to a real antagonist is, to quote Zero Punctuation, the inevitable entropic decay of the universe. It's basically been the last year of my life, and I continually find new reasons to keep playing it.

5. Guild Wars, a team-focused MMO where the max level is 20 and the enemies can go up to 40. Your success relies on your ability to adapt to and counter the enemy's strengths, which vary from area to area. Each time you enter a zone or start a mission, you get your party's own private copy of the map, which means no one's going to come to save you. You have to make do with what you bring along. It's getting pretty old these days, so there aren't always too many people to group up with, but fully customizable Hero NPCs let you keep fighting when no one else will help you, though the AI presents its own challenges. Managing a team of Heroes can be like herding a particularly dim flock of sheep, but properly equipping your group, micro-managing and awareness of the combat situation will leave you virtually untouchable in the PvE. I can safely say I've enjoyed almost all of my nearly 7,000 hours in this game.

I am a naturally philosophical and industrious evil.

It's all or nothin' baby, it's never ever maybe

You think I might be crazy, but I gotta be ALL IN

Spoiler
Spoiler

#6 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts
  • Steam:WarRanger2034
  • LocationDeveloping the cure for the Flood

Posted 30 July 2015 - 06:00 PM

Red Dead Redemption, every other answer is wrong.

• Whitehalomango likes this
When I die, please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear! Just pack my box with PT gear! 'Cuz one early morning 'bout zero five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky! Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!”

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#7 Sev

Sev

CAW Tester

• CAW Tester
  • 309 posts
  • Steam:Jazza!!!!!!!
  • LocationERROR: 001 To lazy to check

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:16 PM

Well, since this mod is for SoaSE, i don't really need to include it.

Star Wars: Republic Commando is an old, yet still fun single player game which places you in command of a squad of elite soldiers (similar to Halo 5s campaign, actually). I particularly like it because of its difficulty, and the mix of strategy options (also the atmosphere was dark for a star wars game)

The Portal franchise (don't exactly need to say any more about it)

I've gotten Company of Heroes recently, and I love it. For an RTS game, the graphics are very powerful (comparable to a first-person game, actually), the unit mechanics are realistic, and overall the game is fun.

I am following Flagship now (which is in development), which looks promising. It aims to combine space RTS combat with the first person view.
  • Centurian128 likes this

#8 JasonAHawkins

JasonAHawkins

Loves Bornsteller, who wouldn't?

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 09:47 PM

Unreal Tournament 2004

C&C: Generals with Zero Hour expansion

Warhammer 40k Dawn of War

Quake III Arena

Portal 1

Bornsteller is so good of a modeler that he should be on the cover of Victoria Secret.™

#9 Whitehalomango

Whitehalomango

That One White Guy

• White Name
  • 1,141 posts
  • Steam:bluehalomango
  • LocationSydney HighCom Facility Bravo-6

Posted 30 July 2015 - 11:12 PM

Favourite games. One of the hardest debates, there are just too many good games out there.

For starters, I loved The Last of Us. It was a masterpiece. Along with Mass Effect and, like Sev said, CoH 1/2 are brilliant games. Just great strategy games with breathtaking graphics. I'm also a big fan of the Endless series, each game subtling linking to each other, mainly through one single planet. There is no way I can forget to mention FTL, Bastion and Transistor, three other brilliant indie gems. Then you have the fun Terraria, humours Portal and addictive Destiny.

Altogether, too many to chose from, so many brilliant games out there, both from indie teams and massive companies.

I learn from the past, enjoy the present and look forward to the future.

Remember Off-Topic!

#10 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts
  • LocationThe infinitesimal space between thoughts, on the cusp of uncountable instances of possibility.

Posted 30 July 2015 - 11:32 PM

Mass Effect

Burn me, but I liked ME3's ending.
  • Bornstellaris and Whitehalomango like this

Spoiler
Spoiler

#11 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts
  • Steam:WarRanger2034
  • LocationDeveloping the cure for the Flood

Posted 31 July 2015 - 12:18 AM

Star Wars: Republic Commando is an old, yet still fun single player game which places you in command of a squad of elite soldiers (similar to Halo 5s campaign, actually). I particularly like it because of its difficulty, and the mix of strategy options (also the atmosphere was dark for a star wars game)

The Star Wars RC lead designer is working at 343 so that might be why the two seem similar in certain aspects.

• Centurian128 and Crisiss like this
When I die, please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear! Just pack my box with PT gear! 'Cuz one early morning 'bout zero five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky! Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!”

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#12 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 31 July 2015 - 01:00 AM

Burn me, but I liked ME3's ending.

After the patch, I love it. Before, it left too many things open.

I would have to go with:

• Borderlands
  • Medieval II: Total War, Total War: Rome II, Rome: Total War
  • GoW
  • SW BattleFront II
  • Mount&Blade
  • Viva Pinata
  • Mass Effect
  • Various Elder Scrolls
  • Age of Empires, Age of Mythology, Age of Wonders
  • StarCraft, Warcraft
  • Lego: LotR (most accurate LotR game to date)
  • And many more: Black and White, Dark Colony, Kingdom Under Fire, Dragon Age (relatively new to this), Heroes of Might and Magic (mainly V), and the list goes on...

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#13 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 01:05 AM

After the patch, I love it. Before, it left too many things open.

I didn't appreciate being spoon-fed information I'd already been able to piece together for myself. I watched the videos of the extended cut on YouTube, but I never downloaded it. Fifteen minutes of dialogue during a period where the Crucible is about to be blown the fuck up by Reapers is stupid.

Spoiler
Spoiler

#14 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 31 July 2015 - 01:08 AM

I didn't appreciate being spoon-fed information I'd already been able to piece together for myself. I watched the videos of the extended cut on YouTube, but I never downloaded it. Fifteen minutes of dialogue during a period where the Crucible is about to be blown the fuck up by Reapers is stupid.

It's actually before of that, when the reaper hits you. You had no clue to what happened to your team, which is quite frustating.

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#15 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 01:17 AM

It's actually before of that, when the reaper hits you. You had no clue to what happened to your team, which is quite frustating.

That was good, I can't contest that. After that was poorly handled.

Spoiler
Spoiler

#16 Insert IGN

Insert IGN

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • Steam:<Insert IGN Here>
  • LocationHarvard & Trustee

Posted 01 August 2015 - 01:07 AM

My top 10, here goes.

1. Payday 2

2. Fable : The Lost Chapters

3. Star wars : Battlefront 2

4. Company of heroes/ Opposing Fronts/ Tales of Valor

5. Star wars : Empire at War Forces of Corruption

6. Payday : The Heist

7. World in Conflict : Soviet Assault

8. Sins of a Solar Empire : Rebellion

9. Company of Heroes 2

10. Dawn of War 2/Chaos Rising/Retribution

"Economy, Unemployment, Education. These are all words."
Spoiler

#17 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 09:49 AM

1. Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour

2. nothing else.

YmSsY2C.png

#18 Andy493

Andy493

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • Steam:andy_493
  • LocationSewaren NJ

Posted 05 August 2015 - 04:39 AM

1. Supreme Commander FAF
2.borderlands 2 (because I never played borderlands 1 and the pre sequel sucks) plus I clocked in over 200 hours on borderlands 2.
3.runescape. (2007 runescape not the crappy new RS)
4. Pokemon leaf green my first game boy advance game and the longest series of games I've ever played except for halo.
5.spore
6. Colony it was a game on armor games and used to be great before the mods came it for it.....

There's more but those are the ones that made the most impact on me over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#19 Whitehalomango

Whitehalomango

That One White Guy

• White Name
  • 1,141 posts
  • Steam:bluehalomango
  • LocationSydney HighCom Facility Bravo-6

Posted 05 August 2015 - 05:51 AM

4. Pokemon leaf green my first game boy advance game and the longest series of games I've ever played except for halo.

Man, how could I forget Pokemon. I'm happy to say that I used to love that shit and were it on PC, still would but I just can't be bothered to buy a 3DS just for Pokemon. I remember playing it back in the day when that was all I had. Damn they were good. I loved Soul SIlver, I mean, going to 2! different regions was awesome and it basically had two games in one. Man, even the original Yellow was great. Having Pikachu following you around was awesome. I nearly forgot the Pokemon Dungeon games or whatever they are called. They were great fun as well.

I learn from the past, enjoy the present and look forward to the future.

Remember Off-Topic!

#20 Andy493

Andy493

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • Steam:andy_493
  • LocationSewaren NJ

Posted 05 August 2015 - 07:04 AM

Man, how could I forget Pokemon. I'm happy to say that I used to love that shit and were it on PC, still would but I just can't be bothered to buy a 3DS just for Pokemon. I remember playing it back in the day when that was all I had. Damn they were good. I loved Soul SIlver, I mean, going to 2! different regions was awesome and it basically had two games in one. Man, even the original Yellow was great. Having Pikachu following you around was awesome. I nearly forgot the Pokemon Dungeon games or whatever they are called. They were great fun as well.

Yea Pokemon was my favorite game f all time I just wish I could get a original Pokemon emulator on my iPhone 6 it's so hard to get. Would be nice to relive the memories.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users