#21 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 29 August 2015 - 03:54 PM

Since its public I would say yes. Otherwise, no. Don't say stuff like "oh but I can't tell you!!" when relating to private internal super secret stuff please.

There are many things I thought were public and found out they weren't. Didn't wanted to say that but I really wasn't sure. Trust me, I don't like saying that either.

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#22 Daringpear

Daringpear

Crewman

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Steam:daringpear

Posted 31 August 2015 - 03:53 PM

By the way, do we have any idea of what the covenant super-cruiser is going to turn into? I would not be opposed to this model replacing the current adjuctator-class model.

(the one seen here-http://media.moddb.c...istsNeeded.png)

• nightovizard likes this

Planks3.png

#23 Alexgack

Alexgack

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 01:22 AM

The Strident is going to be used as the UNSCs heavy frigate, with Shields

Wait a minute, how many UNSC ships will have shields?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#24 nightovizard

nightovizard

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 02:07 AM

@Crew as far as I'm concerned both the Infinity and the Strident will have shields by default, maybe other capital ships will have the upgrade, not sure.

and I hope they will use that model too, homefront said they are going to use it, so why not taking advantage of that to add that beautiful ship in SOTP?

#25 Lavo

Lavo

Grand Master Modder/Design Lead

• Mod Staff
  • 713 posts
  • LocationNot Uni's Basement

Posted 01 September 2015 - 07:21 AM

Re: The RCS, I will confirm it will be ingame next release. To quote myself: "The RCS is weaker than both the CPV and CCS in firepower. However it has more health in total than either ship, and it houses 2 strike craft squadrons, making it a tanky carrier for the Covenant. Additionally, the SDV no longer carries fighters, having been relegated to a pure siege frigate." To add to the guy who mentioned that they bolted on extra armor plating to the ship; this is represented ingame by the RCS having less shielding than both the CPV and CCS, even if it has better hull/armor.

• TheHippie likes this

#26 TheHippie

TheHippie

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 07:37 AM

Re: The RCS, I will confirm it will be ingame next release. To quote myself: "The RCS is weaker than both the CPV and CCS in firepower. However it has more health in total than either ship, and it houses 2 strike craft squadrons, making it a tanky carrier for the Covenant. Additionally, the SDV no longer carries fighters, having been relegated to a pure siege frigate." To add to the guy who mentioned that they bolted on extra armor plating to the ship; this is represented ingame by the RCS having less shielding than both the CPV and CCS, even if it has better hull/armor.

I'm really liking the fact you're sticking with the lore on the RCS in terms of stats, but why remove fighters from the SDV when they were clearly seen launching fighters in Reach?

Like, I understand the jist of it, Ship roles, but would one squadron really hurt it that much?

#27 Riftis

Riftis

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Steam:Riftis

Posted 01 September 2015 - 07:56 AM

I'm really liking the fact you're sticking with the lore on the RCS in terms of stats, but why remove fighters from the SDV when they were clearly seen launching fighters in Reach?

Like, I understand the jist of it, Ship roles, but would one squadron really hurt it that much?

There may have been other balancing reasons, but I recall that some of the dev team disliked the hard coded AI love of spamming the SDV, by removing the carrier aspect the AI uses it in more sensible numbers.

#28 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 01 September 2015 - 08:10 AM

would one squadron really hurt it that much?

Yes.

It wasn't something that we decided easily. We spent hundreds of hours with the SDV having a carrier role. It just couldn't work. The AI kept spamming them in ridiculous numbers. The Sins AI has a bad habit of loving carriers and siege frigates: clearly, when you give it a frigate that's both a carrier and a siege, the result is...disastrous.

The SDV couldn't stay in its carrier role, but fear not: the RCS is a valid solution.

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#29 Daringpear

Daringpear

Crewman

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 08:13 AM

In what stage of the game will we be getting the RCS? Is it an early or late-game ship?

Planks3.png

#30 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 01 September 2015 - 08:31 AM

Does the CCS still have a squadron? 

#31 Riftis

Riftis

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Steam:Riftis

Posted 01 September 2015 - 08:43 AM

In what stage of the game will we be getting the RCS? Is it an early or late-game ship?

It's a mid to late game ship. After the CPV and before the CCS.

Does the CCS still have a squadron? 

Not at the moment. Currently the CCS is a dedicated combat ship, with the RCS taking over it's carrier role.

Please note my replies are subject to change, I've not had the opportunity to update to the most recent build, but I'm sure another playtester can correct me if I'm wrong.

#32 Lavo

Lavo

Grand Master Modder/Design Lead

• Mod Staff
  • 713 posts
  • LocationNot Uni's Basement

Posted 01 September 2015 - 09:41 AM

It having any fighters was causing some really wonky AI behavior. For example, there were points where the AI was building utterly massive SDV fleets, and where to fight the AI you needed to have a star base with auxiliary government; with it fighting off the SDVs wasn't too hard, provided they didn't reach critical bomber mass. Without it, your planet was going to get glassed and there was nothing you could do about it.

#33 Alexgack

Alexgack

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 09:51 AM

@Crew as far as I'm concerned both the Infinity and the Strident will have shields by default, maybe other capital ships will have the upgrade, not sure.

Would there be a way to go into the game files and remove them,? I like my classic armored UNSC ships

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#34 TheHippie

TheHippie

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 11:10 AM

It having any fighters was causing some really wonky AI behavior. For example, there were points where the AI was building utterly massive SDV fleets, and where to fight the AI you needed to have a star base with auxiliary government; with it fighting off the SDVs wasn't too hard, provided they didn't reach critical bomber mass. Without it, your planet was going to get glassed and there was nothing you could do about it.

I was going to ask if spawning squadrons via an ability to circumvent that would be feasible, but then I remembered hearing something about it being hard/impossible to get them to spawn in the correct location that way.
That, and was going to ask if you could possibly make it resemble the fighter system in Thrawn's Revenge II: Ascendancy, by having a limited supply tied to the ship'ss energy. But that wouldn't stop the AI from spamming them, and here I thought the AI only designated those ships when they were tagged as "Carriers" when editing them.

A shame really. Hardcoding's a bitch. 

EDIT: But thanks for trying Lavo, the effort to at least try is very much appreciated.

#35 nightovizard

nightovizard

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 06:35 PM

Some halo fleet battles ships that were leaked and missed until now:
http://halofollower....15/07/ecock.jpg
Nice to finally see the destroyer, though the other looks like a combination of the orion and pillar of autumn.

The covenant ship looks interesting, looks like it could work as some kind of supply or colony ship. Maybe it could replace the actual colony ship model from SOTP?

#36 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts
  • Steam:sird31mos
  • LocationThe infinitesimal space between thoughts, on the cusp of uncountable instances of possibility.

Posted 01 September 2015 - 06:54 PM

Some halo fleet battles ships that were leaked and missed until now

No they weren't. They're old news.
https://sinsofthepro...ew-canon-ships/
https://sinsofthepro...-heavy-cruiser/
  • Riftis likes this

I am a naturally philosophical and industrious evil.

It's all or nothin' baby, it's never ever maybe

You think I might be crazy, but I gotta be ALL IN

Spoiler
Spoiler

#37 Emperorfluffball

Emperorfluffball

Crewman

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • LocationEpsilon Eridani

Posted 04 September 2015 - 01:48 PM

The Adjudicator-class is the Covenant Supercruiser fyi, funny enough there was a nice model made for it that never made it in.
The Strident is going to be used as the UNSCs heavy frigate, with Shields to help out last it in combat. The Prowler's role is under lock, key and auto-turrets, so only the devs know the details to that.
I've heard stealth features in this game are impossible; Goafan saying that the best he could do is turn the model invisible and make it invulnerable.
The DAV-class IS the Missionary class. The only difference is the ability to jam missiles, and if we add that you've got yourself almost the same thing as the ONI Sloop. Not fun for asymmetrical factions to use the same thing.
For the unit requests and remodels someone else can answer these since I don't know if there are any recent plans to remodel them.

Invisible and invulnerable are how they did the cloaking systems in STA3, which isn't a bad idea. Awhile back I suggest the same thing and one of the devs replied saying that it's impossible because there are a few passive abilities that we can't see on ships like the sloop that take up all of the slots to help make the ship work correctly. That may change with the update, but the devs are being rather tight lipped, but then again loose lips vaporize ships. It will be interesting when we get Stridents however

“Listen to me, Covenant. I am Vice Admiral  Preston J. Cole commanding the human flagship, Everest You claim to be the holy and glorious inheritors of the universe? I spit on your so-called holiness. You dare judge us unfit? After I have personally sent more than three hundred of your vainglorious ships to hell? After kicking your collective butts off Harvest - not once - but twice? From where I sit, we are the worthy inheritors. You think otherwise, you can come and try to prove me wrong. Is that the best you can do? Watch what one unworthy human can do!”

"How do we go?" "WE GO FEET FIRST!"

#38 Emperorfluffball

Emperorfluffball

Crewman

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • LocationEpsilon Eridani

Posted 04 September 2015 - 02:00 PM

So I was wondering if the size of the cradle will be accurate according to the picture posted of the UNSC fleet being used in the upcoming release? Since last I heard was that the cradle is going to be a mobile repair station but it won't have slip space capability due to its size and its use In the lore... Also will it be super tanky so it can be used as a plasma magnet in defensive combat

“Listen to me, Covenant. I am Vice Admiral  Preston J. Cole commanding the human flagship, Everest You claim to be the holy and glorious inheritors of the universe? I spit on your so-called holiness. You dare judge us unfit? After I have personally sent more than three hundred of your vainglorious ships to hell? After kicking your collective butts off Harvest - not once - but twice? From where I sit, we are the worthy inheritors. You think otherwise, you can come and try to prove me wrong. Is that the best you can do? Watch what one unworthy human can do!”

"How do we go?" "WE GO FEET FIRST!"

#39 Daringpear

Daringpear

Crewman

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 05:36 PM

Just wondering, what version is the next update going to be?

Planks3.png

#40 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 07 September 2015 - 12:34 AM

So I was wondering if the size of the cradle will be accurate according to the picture posted of the UNSC fleet being used in the upcoming release? Since last I heard was that the cradle is going to be a mobile repair station but it won't have slip space capability due to its size and its use In the lore... Also will it be super tanky so it can be used as a plasma magnet in defensive combat

The size of the Cradle will remain as is in the public release. It will be tanky but don't count on them to parry off plasma torpedoes; the AI will automatically shoot at combat ships. Sadly, heroic strategies such as the Keyes Loop require a level of realism (ironically, speaking of a sci-fi game) that Sins can't offer.

Just wondering, what version is the next update going to be?

"New".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users