#1 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 24 September 2015 - 01:00 PM

So i finally got into a fucking multy game with Idio and Alex, but obviously my headphones won't fucking work because reasons. The frontal jacks on my PC are fucking broken for no fucking reason, so that's a problem; but these fucking headphones have a fucking USB so they can fucking get into a shitty USB spot; but NOPE because fuck them. Maybe it's because they're USB fucking-something 2 and mine are USB 1? Don't know.

This is the model - Kotion Each G4000

KOTION-EACH-G4000-Stereo-Noise-Cancellin

It's shitty, it's cheap, but they should fucking work.

If any of you had a similar problem and could help, I already tried many options, changed settings, did stuff, nothing worked. The light turns on, so they're connected, but the PC won't find them as connected.

AND YES I'M A BIT UPSET BECAUSE ALSO THE GAME CRASHED ON MY END AND THESE HEADPHONES WON'T WORK

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#2 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 01:19 PM

Headphone USB 2 and mine are USB 1? 

There is your problem.

• I Am Sancho likes this

YmSsY2C.png

#3 I Am Sancho

I Am Sancho

Audio Director

• Mod Staff
  • 341 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 24 September 2015 - 01:56 PM

You could buy a USB hub, but your best bet is a new Motherboard. 

Posted Image

#4 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts
  • LocationKent, Washington, USA

Posted 24 September 2015 - 02:18 PM

>USB1

time to upgrade your 2005 PC champ

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#5 mmeier

mmeier

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • Steam:mmeier1986
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 September 2015 - 06:25 PM

Hm, did Windows say anything when you plugged the headphones into the USB port? Normally, a popup in the lower right corner appears, telling you that a new device was plugged in. Another thing to try: Have you searched for possible drivers for the headphone? Or: Did you have a look at the Windows Volume manager? Might be that you need to tell Windows to redirect the output to the USB port instead of the audio jacks.

Just some ideas off the top of my head. I've actually never encountered sound output devices connected via USB.

PS: Just a word of warning: When you search for drivers, have a hard look at any hits before downloading, executables under names of the "Random Product Name Driver" kind are a standard scheme for malware distribution.

Edited by mmeier, 24 September 2015 - 06:29 PM.

• 베이클라이트 likes this

#6 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 24 September 2015 - 11:56 PM

There is your problem.

Yep, I had guessed so. I hoped there was some sort of possible compatibility between the two.

You could buy a USB hub, but your best bet is a new Motherboard. 

Maybe if the USB hub is cheap and works...it could be a temporary solution until I update the PC, I guess.

>USB1

time to upgrade your 2005 PC champ

Indeed, and sooner or later it will happen.

Hm, did Windows say anything when you plugged the headphones into the USB port? Normally, a popup in the lower right corner appears, telling you that a new device was plugged in. Another thing to try: Have you searched for possible drivers for the headphone? Or: Did you have a look at the Windows Volume manager? Might be that you need to tell Windows to redirect the output to the USB port instead of the audio jacks.

Just some ideas off the top of my head. I've actually never encountered sound output devices connected via USB.

PS: Just a word of warning: When you search for drivers, have a hard look at any hits before downloading, executables under names of the "Random Product Name Driver" kind are a standard scheme for malware distribution.

Nope, didn't say anything. No popup. I've searched for drivers, downloaded one, didn't work. Also tried to redirect the output to the USB port, don't know if I managed to do that, but anyway didn't work.

Thanks, yes I'm always careful when downloading stuff.

Well, thanks everybody, I guess I found the problem, that is...my shitty PC! Incredible!

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#7 JasonAHawkins

JasonAHawkins

Loves Bornsteller, who wouldn't?

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 07:08 AM

I guess I was looking at the wrong model, you would need some kind of converter if you want it to work. If you have USB 1.0 you should probably consider upgrading your motherboard. If you can, test it on someones computer to verify that they function.

Bornsteller is so good of a modeler that he should be on the cover of Victoria Secret.™

#8 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 25 September 2015 - 11:55 AM

AH-HA! I knew it! I mean, I knew my shitty PC is shitty, but just as I was sure, my PC HAS USB 2. They're the two frontal ones, which are completely, absolutely, undeniably BROKEN.

All I need to do is fix them!

#9 JasonAHawkins

JasonAHawkins

Loves Bornsteller, who wouldn't?

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 01:27 PM

So the headphones do work? If so, just get an USB extension cable to go from the back of your PC for a USB port.

What are the specs of your PC?

Bornsteller is so good of a modeler that he should be on the cover of Victoria Secret.™

#10 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 26 September 2015 - 03:01 AM

So the headphones do work? If so, just get an USB extension cable to go from the back of your PC for a USB port.

What are the specs of your PC?

Technically I need a USB 2 port, so I'll see if I can get a converter of some kind or just repair the two frontal ones.

Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz

4.00 GB RAM

x64 64bit

Missing something?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users