• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Darrell

Darrell

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 10:08 AM

Is this a bug or some sort of hidden feature? as of now no ship can navigate to it. and its causing some AI bugs,as they  (and my) ships get stuck in a loop trying to get to it.

http://imgur.com/a/Sy4eq

KoNVmA8.jpgHpcJrR9.jpgj0MzsbD.jpg

#2 Aunt Gruntie

Aunt Gruntie

Sterilized Food Nipples!

• Contributor
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 10:50 AM

I can honestly say, that is a first.

Is this a random map? Or a premade map?

If it's a random, then you just got super unlucky. If it's a premade we'll have to know which one it is to fix it

Help me Sergeant I'm lost in Kurfluffle land!

#3 Darrell

Darrell

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 11:12 AM

Random, Medium, I never play premades.

I will say that shortly after making this post, i  sent in 110 scout ships and some made it through. once i was able to seng in a colony ship after trying forever i was able to make a anchor station so i can now just jump straight to it.  the path to get to it is having your ships go below the large planet on the normal galactic plane, then the ship flys vertically through the large planet and sorta jumps to the top planet.

oTdZho3.jpg

#4 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 24 October 2015 - 11:43 AM

That was a known bug with premade maps.

If that's happening in a random map...never occured to me, don't know what to say. Bad luck I guess.

• Cole Protocol likes this

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#5 Cole Protocol

Cole Protocol

Balancing Coder - Particle Effects Artist

• Mod Staff
  • 1,390 posts
  • Steam:Cole Protocol
  • LocationSpirit of Fire, chilling with the Enduring Conviction.

Posted 24 October 2015 - 11:53 AM

If that's happening in a random map...never occured to me, don't know what to say. Bad luck I guess.

This. It sounds like you are simply running into a case of sins being sins. Stuff like this tends to happen from time to time in the random generator and is a hiccup we really can't fix, I recommend starting over if it bugs you too much.

#6 Aunt Gruntie

Aunt Gruntie

Sterilized Food Nipples!

• Contributor
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 08:53 AM

This. It sounds like you are simply running into a case of sins being sins. Stuff like this tends to happen from time to time in the random generator and is a hiccup we really can't fix, I recommend starting over if it bugs you too much.

But he colonised it, it has the best natural defence, the AI will never be able to reach it.

Help me Sergeant I'm lost in Kurfluffle land!

#7 Darrell

Darrell

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 09:45 AM

yea, it was in incredible pain to colonize it. the ai tried getting to it but they couldn't. it took hundreds of ships to finally get one through. but once i had the slip-space beacon it wasn't a problem any longer.

in all my years playing sins ( since launch back around 2008) ive never seen that on a random map.

#8 Cole Protocol

Cole Protocol

Balancing Coder - Particle Effects Artist

• Mod Staff
  • 1,390 posts
  • Steam:Cole Protocol
  • LocationSpirit of Fire, chilling with the Enduring Conviction.

Posted 25 October 2015 - 10:59 AM

in all my years playing sins ( since launch back around 2008) ive never seen that on a random map.

All I can say is this.

Spoiler

#9 The

The

Crewman

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • LocationMspaint

Posted 25 October 2015 - 03:43 PM

Had a weird thing happen a while ago. Gas Giant had a Asteroid (The planety kind) in it's gravity well. Ships had to jump inwards to navigate to it.

Mspaint artistry 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users