• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Cogie

Cogie

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 09:11 PM

I just installed the mod on a clean install of Sins. When I play any match with an AI in the game, their income always jumps to 72 credits per second after 2 minutes. I watched a replay of the game and saw that their Empire category completely unlocked at that time. It also said the increase was related to additional abilities. Is there a research tree I'm missing or is there a glitch with letting the AI get full access to that branch to make games more difficult?

#2 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts
  • Steam:sird31mos
  • LocationThe infinitesimal space between thoughts, on the cusp of uncountable instances of possibility.

Posted 11 November 2015 - 09:22 PM

The AI gets a burst of magical space monies, because apparently it needs all that dosh to motivate it to do something other than pick its nose all day. I never figured out what broke inbetween releases to necessitate this, but that's the official explanation.

• Cole Protocol likes this

I am a naturally philosophical and industrious evil.

It's all or nothin' baby, it's never ever maybe

You think I might be crazy, but I gotta be ALL IN

Spoiler
Spoiler

#3 Cogie

Cogie

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 11:04 AM

That's really unfortunate. Outside of that, this seems like an incredibly well made mod. However, with that boost in the early game, I have yet to find a way to survive.

#4 Battlemage1

Battlemage1

Crewman

• Authorized Playtester
  • 172 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 02:05 PM

That's really unfortunate. Outside of that, this seems like an incredibly well made mod. However, with that boost in the early game, I have yet to find a way to survive.

ONI Report on current situation

The UNSC:

Fast expansion with SMACs and Hangars fortifications, later build 2 anchors space stations. 1st planets upgrades in queue: orbital defenses. You won't conquer anyone before you have fully upgraded fleet on max research tier. They can fight only with their MAC cannons and Shiva-class nuclear missiles. All other are completely useless. They have slow and paperweight ships. Their only hope is to crush the enemy with MACs before it's too late.

MAIN: Always keep 3:1 against Covenant. UNSC wins only in numbers. No exceptions.

-Build SMACs in clusters of 5 cannons, covering all planetary sides. Sometimes AI goes to overrun your defenses. It's important to have hangars in aft position, do defend them from main attack force.

-On Anchors: FIRST Upgrade - hangars for fighters, SECOND Upgrade - additional Hull, Third Upgrade - weapon systems (last upgrade adds space MAC shotgun. Extremely effective against enemy frigates)

-FIGHTERS are primary choice for aircraft.

-Use many Halcyon-class cruiser to absorb incoming damage from Covenant. Don't us them against rival UNSC. This is the main class for you. It has low damage, but in mass it's enough to do something. MAin damage dealers are Orions and Punics anyway.

-Use many Halber-class destroyers to deal with rival UNSC. Don't use them against the Covenant.

-ALWAYS have at least 2 Valiant-class supercruisers with FULLY UPGRADED tactical buff and armor

-Use Orion and Punic classes to damage enemies. 5-6 Orions, 4 Punics.

-Build at least one Sahara-class heavy prowler in order to gather some intel and make some bad bad things behind enemy lines.

-Use Phoenix-class assault ship and Punic to conquer planets. Better to have NO MORE than 3 vessels.

-Build the UNSC Infinity, call it 'Infinity' and try to keep it alive, because the second one will be MUCH MORE expensive (because Devs wants that). DO NOT Upgrade Infinity's Shiva above level 2. Main upgrades: Jump, Reactor, Damage, Hull.

-Build many refineries and trade stations. Resourses are important here.

-DO NOT expand fleet cap over your current needs.

-Fire Shivas in numbers from 3 to 5 at most important targets. If there are no such, engage pack of ships. Priority targets: CPV, RCS classes. Never, NEVER waste your Shivas.

-NEVER go to enemy half of the map, if you have small or weakened fleet. If you stay close to your 'side', then tere are miore chances on succesful evacuation if something will go wrong. 

-Use 1-9 numbers to bind groups of ships of similar classes/OR fleets. Every fleet should have it's specialization. I recommend more tank fleets from Halcyons against Covies, and Halberds against the UNSC.

-DO NOT perfrom slipspace jump on Sahara while it cloaked. You'll waste all antimatter.

-Disable all 'Caputre ship' abilities and use them only manually, or you'll lose all your cap very soon.

Currently combat ineffective classes:

Paris (Useless after Halberds and Halcyons)

Charon (Specific purpose: planetary assaults)

Phoenix-class assault ship (Planetary assaults, aircraft carrier)

Marathon-class cruiser (Weak hull and damage. However, it might be useful in early game)

Valiant-class cruiser (Buff-giver. Don't send it in first wave. Let it live to give buff)

Eion-class carrier (Useless. Completely. Use Punics instead. Cap is important)

+Diplomatic and Colonization vessels

The Covenant:

fast, tough and very angry alien bastars. Have superior speeds and close weapon range damage.

-Always buy upgrades.

-Take a look on ORS and OSS classes. They're the best IMHO.

-Use aircraft (bombers) to destroy SMACs and Bases. Never order your ships to close with SMACs. NEVER. Anchors are quite evil too.

-Send frigates before worthy ships in order to absorb all Alpha-damage (MAC shots) from the UNSC

-Engage UNSC from several directions

-ENGAGE Orions first

-If you see Infnity, RUN!!! Only a large fleet of damage dealers can be effective. Capitals (except OSS) are nothing.

-Your titan will never win the Infinity, but can ruin entire UNSC Fleets.

-Always build many hangar defenses with both fighters and bombers. Build them in clusters around the system to prevent the enemy from destroying them all at once.

"ONI eavesdrop everyone, and we eavesdrop ONI" - KGB Division "S"

INF-102, UNSC Admiral Kuznetsov (Addons make things better)

Spoiler

#5 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts
  • LocationThe infinitesimal space between thoughts, on the cusp of uncountable instances of possibility.

Posted 12 November 2015 - 02:22 PM

Marathon-class cruiser (Weak hull and damage. However, it might be useful in early game)
Valiant-class cruiser (Buff-giver. Don't send it in first wave. Let it live to give buff)
Eion-class carrier (Useless. Completely. Use Punics instead. Cap is important)

These still aren't truthful representations, and repeating them won't make it so.
  • David0425 and Cole Protocol like this

Spoiler
Spoiler

#6 Battlemage1

Battlemage1

Crewman

• Authorized Playtester
  • 172 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 02:24 PM

These still aren't truthful representations, and repeating them won't make it so.

Think as you wish. My tactics proven to be quite effective. These ships were tested and failed. Of course, you may WORK HARD TO WIN, and rebuild your entire fleet after huge naval battle... but... what for? They're cap eaters. Except Valiant.

Valiant is useful, but as buff-giver. Your 'command equipment' heresy crippled her.

About helping... I've already helped to me myself. I can't say balance was ruined or significantly changed. Your fear before small changes has no foundation. Anyway, I'm not going to discuss this here and now.

You have my advices, Cogie. Better try everything yourself, but if something will get out of control... You know what to do. 

Spoiler

#7 Cole Protocol

Cole Protocol

Balancing Coder - Particle Effects Artist

• Mod Staff
  • 1,390 posts
  • Steam:Cole Protocol
  • LocationSpirit of Fire, chilling with the Enduring Conviction.

Posted 12 November 2015 - 03:04 PM

My tactics proven to be quite effective.

Anything is effective if you try hard enough.

I just installed the mod on a clean install of Sins. When I play any match with an AI in the game, their income always jumps to 72 credits per second after 2 minutes. I watched a replay of the game and saw that their Empire category completely unlocked at that time. It also said the increase was related to additional abilities. Is there a research tree I'm missing or is there a glitch with letting the AI get full access to that branch to make games more difficult?

Welcome to the forums, Cogie! The considerable buffs you see received by the AI are to ensure it's proper function, without them the AI will never leave it's homeworld. Be assured, these AI buffs don't give it a definite advantage. In my personal experience, you can easily keep pace once you learn their tactics.

As for surviving, experience and simply taking time playing will improve your chances there. Make good combos, be tactical if you are being the UNSC. Use flagships, Valiants and such are wondrous ships if you use them with Marathons. If you are the Covenant, hit hard and strike fast. Bigger ships = better chances. CCS and CAS should be your heaviest hitters, supported with some smaller ships.

#8 Battlemage1

Battlemage1

Crewman

• Authorized Playtester
  • 172 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 03:12 PM

Anything is effective if you try hard enough.

They will win, if they have better fleet and go hard too. I'm not going to fail the day to 'be tactical', if there are some sort of competeition.

If I play for myself, then I'll use all types and canon ship names and other stuff. Many Saharas... But fact is... Half of imagined UNSC tactics are invalid, if Covenant play smart and hard. They will bring you to fail, and even SMACs won't save the day against somebody like Thel'Vadamee. I saw one. I won. But price was high. Marathons look great, but they're nothing, but shorter range Shiva with powerful engines in foil.

Tactics is combat manuevering and other stuff, but not 'Correct' in your eyes fleet combos. The best combos you can see above. All other proven to be less effective or narrow specialized, while The Legions act equally good everywhere. 

Spoiler

#9 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 03:41 PM

proven

Kek

Spoiler
Spoiler

#10 Battlemage1

Battlemage1

Crewman

• Authorized Playtester
  • 172 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 01:43 AM

Kek

Kek was, when all those allied firgates, destroyers, carriers and marathons died, but Legions (Chapter Halcyon, Ordo Stalwartus and Adeptus Capitalus) without number later captured 2 worlds with ease. From 150 ships only 50 were destroyed by fully assembled Covenant fleet. Quite effective, are you agree? 

Of course, their fleet was outmanuevered, and I won. Damned OSS.  

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users