#1 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 13 December 2015 - 11:23 AM

I had a dream. That I could get to see Italy in the Top 8.

PFW1ddf.png

And that was a major dream - Italy is not a strong country when it comes to Magic: The Gathering. USA, Brazil, France, Germany, Japan - to name a few - are the countries that usually get to the top and achieve most of the fame and glory.

So I was pretty happy - although that's an euphemism - to see Italy hit the big screen.

Then, subtly, in my mind, there formed another dream: "...possible? No, that can't happen, not with France and Japan on the board...well, I guess the farther we go, the better, right?"

But I held my hopes high, and match after match, handshake after handshake (and the shaking of my hands, and all my limbs as well), I saw that remote dream get closer, and closer, and closer, and - ohGodisthisreallyhappening?

Apparently, yes.

2GDmoeV.jpg

8v1pmXx.png

And you know what makes me truly happy? Listening every time at the players' chatter, their laughs (noted by every commentator how cheerful and friendly our team was), and just at their games - everyone resulting in a third match! Oh, the suspense!

And what an amazing play have we done! Italian records were shattered! This is our first time in a World Magic Cup Top 8, and the first time an Italian team won one!

TcxQ26S.png

I know that all of this looks over-reacted and that I might be too enthusiastic, but you have to understand that here in tialy Magic is almost unknown to the many. We are not the USA, nor France, where Magic is havily played and overall an almost-national sport.

I don't get to meet oftenly (read: ever) a Magic champion, be it a ProTour or a GP or a WORLD CUP! Magic is seldomly known among the youths, other TCGames taking the better hand.

This truly is a first, and an incredibly, impossibly merry time for us, for me, and I'd like to share it with you.

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#2 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts
  • Steam:WarRanger2034
  • LocationDeveloping the cure for the Flood

Posted 13 December 2015 - 12:39 PM

NERD!

Jokes aside good for Italy.

• chiefship and SternuS like this
When I die, please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear! Just pack my box with PT gear! 'Cuz one early morning 'bout zero five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky! Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!”

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users