• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 TearsOfLA

TearsOfLA

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 07:46 AM

whenever i try to play, LAA has a fatal error that crashed the game. i can browse the main menu fine, its only when i go to the multiplayer tab (that ive encountered so far). i installed it correctly just as the readme said to. Any ideas?

#2 Kristoffer

Kristoffer

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 08:51 AM

I have the same problem each time I start a game I get the LAA error message, this is strange as I have installed the mod and other mods that use LAA in the same way but this is the first time I get this error.

#3 Aunt Gruntie

Aunt Gruntie

Sterilized Food Nipples!

• Contributor
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 12:56 PM

What Version of SoaSE Rebellion (the base game) are you running? On Moddb we have a download for 1.82 and 1.83, make sure you have the correct one.

You should be aware that that error message is generic error message, but it's wording was changed. Any number of reasons can cause said generic error message. Ranging from corrupt download to missing files, or running the wrong version

Help me Sergeant I'm lost in Kurfluffle land!

#4 TearsOfLA

TearsOfLA

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 07:51 PM

Im running 1.82 (didnt see any other more recent ones unless it came out today) and i have tried reinstalling it (while signed in because i was told that helps) and still nothing. Why is there just a generic message and not one that actually tells you whats going on so you can fix it rather than just getting "its a generic message it could be anything" every time someone need help?

#5 Aunt Gruntie

Aunt Gruntie

Sterilized Food Nipples!

• Contributor
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 07:50 AM

Cus that's Sins for ya.

However, if you rename your mod folder to "Mods-Rebellion v1.82 Dev", and then go into the SoaSE Rebellion folder in Steam (Local Disk[usually C]>Program Files [86 or 64]>Steam>SteamApps>common>Sins of a Solar Empire) and find Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion Dev.exe and run that, then you'll get extremely specific error messages for EVERYTHING. This includes benign things that don't affect the game at all. But if you hold the enter key then you'll skip past all the benign error messages that pop up when you first boot the game. Once you get the main menu loaded up, try recreating the crash by doing what you did previously except this time watch and actually read what the error messages say this time. The last one you see before the game poops itself is going to be the issue.

Help me Sergeant I'm lost in Kurfluffle land!

#6 VietcongSamurai

VietcongSamurai

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 08:42 PM

Just saying I also have this issue with the mod. Tried using The Dev version; however it would just get stuck at the first splash screen. I can play single player completely fine without any problems, but I'm confused with what to do now in terms of getting just the Multiplayer UI to show up.

Pls boss help me! ;_;

#7 VietcongSamurai

VietcongSamurai

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 10:16 PM

Okay I found the solution on my end. Apparently you need to go into the Vanilla game - make your account. Then when you go back to the mod; It should allow you to play multiplayer. I'm assuming that the ui element doesn't have anything for when you need to make a account in SOTP.

#8 TearsOfLA

TearsOfLA

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 04:29 PM

Cus that's Sins for ya.

However, if you rename your mod folder to "Mods-Rebellion v1.82 Dev", and then go into the SoaSE Rebellion folder in Steam (Local Disk[usually C]>Program Files [86 or 64]>Steam>SteamApps>common>Sins of a Solar Empire) and find Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion Dev.exe and run that, then you'll get extremely specific error messages for EVERYTHING. This includes benign things that don't affect the game at all. But if you hold the enter key then you'll skip past all the benign error messages that pop up when you first boot the game. Once you get the main menu loaded up, try recreating the crash by doing what you did previously except this time watch and actually read what the error messages say this time. The last one you see before the game poops itself is going to be the issue.

ok so I did this and it said I have an older version of sins downloaded, which is impossible because I just downloaded it then installed the mod. should I just delete the game itself then reinstall and do the same with the mod?

#9 TearsOfLA

TearsOfLA

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 04:34 PM

Okay I found the solution on my end. Apparently you need to go into the Vanilla game - make your account. Then when you go back to the mod; It should allow you to play multiplayer. I'm assuming that the ui element doesn't have anything for when you need to make a account in SOTP.

ya I did that already did that, didn't help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users