Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 27 June 2016 - 05:24 PM

ZQ1AuSr.jpg

A few days before the 24th of June, our playtesting lead Idio attempted to contact playtester Jaeger about setting up some times to test the mod with the rest of team. The person who responded claimed to be Jaeger's brother (and that they shared a laptop) and told Idio that Jaeger had fallen ill and was in the hospital. Over the next few days the person kept Idio up to date on his condition as he steadily declined in health until Idio was told late into the evening of the 23rd that Jaeger had passed away after falling unconscious. The events were detailed and conditions worsened in a medically plausible manner.

The morning of the 24th I (Unikraken) awoke to find that Jaeger had been reported to have passed away from a sudden medical condition. Idio had kept me in the loop during the past few days so I knew some of the details preceding the death. I typed up a statement to let fans and the team alike know that Jaeger had passed according to his brother and that we were in mourning for our friend. Understandably, this news shocked and devastated the tight knight group of testers and devs who work together to bring you Sins of the Prophets. There was an outpouring of support from fans of the mod and the Halo community in general immediately. Even a 343 employee commented on the passing. Halo Collective contacted us asking if they could produce a memorial video for Jaeger. The Halo community that I love showed itself vibrantly in our time of loss and sought to uplift Jaeger. We were all unimaginably touched by all of this.

About an hour or two after I posted the statement and went to work, Jaeger's brother again contacted Idio and asked him to remove the posts as his family requested privacy during their time of loss. He was told it was only okay to post about this on our private forum. We complied, albeit a little confused by the request, since we hadn't used his real name and didn't feel the secrecy was necessary. Over the course of the next two days a number of red flags began to pop up that caused the dev team to harbor skepticism over the claims made by the individual operating Jaeger's Steam and Skype accounts. I won't list them all, but Jaeger appeared to be un-phased by his own death in every account attached to any pseudonym he's ever used, including accounts it would make no sense to share with any alleged brother. During this time, we attempted to offer to send flowers or cards for his presumed funeral so that we might mourn his loss like any long distance friend might. The "brother" shot all of these down with surprisingly upbeat responses all the while binging on all of Jaeger's favorite games for hours at a time. Idio even offered to attend Jaeger's funeral, since they live somewhat near each other.

After two days of investigating and communicating with Jaeger's Steam account, I came to the conclusion that Jaeger was faking his death for what must be his own personal amusement. I eventually confronted Jaeger with the information I had collected and he eventually came clean he had, in fact, attempted to fake the death of his playtester account to shell off his old internet persona. He listed reasons for doing so that related to troubles in his life that he felt warranted such a thing. I convinced him to make a forum post admitting he was alive and lied to Idio and myself so that his previous teammates wouldn't mourn the death of a living individual. After he made the post he began removing everyone from SotP from his social media accounts and I banned him permanently from the forums.

Why am I sharing internal drama with you, you might ask?

Primarily because we were unwilling participants in maliciously deceiving you and our team and we want to clear the air, because many of you read the statement before it was pulled down. This event is sadly public and must be dealt with publicly. However, I also think this incident summarizes the Halo community incredibly well. A single individual behaved incredibly poorly and the vast majority of the community rallied to support us in our time of need. They sought to uplift our fallen comrade and immortalize his contributions to our little Halo project.

• MrChipps, SternuS, SPECTRE and 4 others like this

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#2 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 27 June 2016 - 06:35 PM

pic related?

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#3 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

Banned user who criticised terrorists

• Members
  • 3,455 posts
  • LocationANGLIA BRUV, HOME TO THE PRODIGY, NON CRIMINAL GANGSTAS AND FARMERS

Posted 27 June 2016 - 11:53 PM

If i were you i would write a double sided A4 page on just insults.

But hey whatever, great deception, nice way to treat your Friends/colleagues/just random people who know you.

Jaeger has been banned from the community and will not be allowed to return. He is unlikely to be able to read anything you write here.

Last piece isn't true, SOTP needs to beef up security a bit, I know first hand, (But i found it hilarious yo).

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#4 Battlemage1

Battlemage1

Crewman

• Authorized Playtester
  • 172 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 03:49 AM

Impossible Life and the Possible Death of Jaeger 

There is no insurance from fake death, people, just as there is no cure for real. Yes, we may question his morale, but after all... he is not the first and surely not last. It's even kinda fun for me - because it's not the first time on my watch. So, I suggest you to put off frustration and see it as valuable experience. A good lesson: don't lose you heads, keep your hearts calm, and never fall into disbelief.

But your dedication to your internet community members is astouding. I never thought people could care that much about phantoms they don't really know. I salute ya.

"ONI eavesdrop everyone, and we eavesdrop ONI" - KGB Division "S"

INF-102, UNSC Admiral Kuznetsov (Addons make things better)

Spoiler

#5 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 08:43 AM

When was you when jaeger is die?

Be sitting at house watching wired-wireless-with-screen, plugged into computational calculation device.
sins of the prophets search google
2nd option, don't want to go onto Islamic heretic forum which is now on a no go list by isis.
Look at threads, most recent.
Alive i am by jaeger,
Perhaps he too has returned in the temporary-but-ever-shining-glory-and-light-of-the-prodigal-reclaiming-king?
Steam chat poppup from SOTP informant

jaeger is die.

most confuzzled but upset
read
have you ever felt sadness relief and anger in less than 8 second?
and is you?

• SternuS and Crisiss like this

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#6 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 29 June 2016 - 01:43 PM

What upsets me the most, apart from the lie, is that he smeared the importance of those that truly passed away, Like Stevo.
I can't but pity him, as he must be going through a hell of a situation. And if he isn't, i still feel compassion for him, since his life must be empty and dry if he needs to find satisfaction in this.
  • 베이클라이트 and Whitehalomango like this

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#7 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts
  • Steam:sloosecannon
  • LocationThis dimension (right now...)

Posted 01 July 2016 - 12:28 AM

Last piece isn't true, SOTP needs to beef up security a bit, I know first hand, (But i found it hilarious yo).

Lolk
#define true false
//happy debugging suckers!!!!!

Notable SOTP forum/Steam chat quotes:

Spoiler

Donate to the forum! https://kd8rho.net/donate

#8 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 01 July 2016 - 03:35 PM

Lolk

get good skrub

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#9 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 01 July 2016 - 09:21 PM

Oh no people can get around an IP ban with a proxy or by going to a coffee shop? We're ruined!

We don't IP-ban people with the expectation that they'll never be able to visit the website. We do it to add one more barrier of annoyance on the user to hopefully dissuade them from visiting. The idea is to layer annoyances until they stop coming or until we stop noticing their presence. I don't give a shit if you're lurking. I give a shit if I have to deal with something stupid you've done.

• sloosecannon, DGaius and 베이클라이트 like this

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#10 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 02 July 2016 - 08:55 AM

It's all a part of Starbucks' plans for total global domination.
  • Unikraken likes this

Spoiler

Spoiler

#11 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 11:55 AM

I never thought people could care that much about phantoms they don't really know. I salute ya.

I sure missed you in that time you didn't visit ze forums.

YmSsY2C.png

#12 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 01:21 PM

Oh no people can get around an IP ban with a proxy or by going to a coffee shop? We're ruined!

We don't IP-ban people with the expectation that they'll never be able to visit the website. We do it to add one more barrier of annoyance on the user to hopefully dissuade them from visiting. The idea is to layer annoyances until they stop coming or until we stop noticing their presence. I don't give a shit if you're lurking. I give a shit if I have to deal with something stupid you've done.

QFT!

Hence "Lol, k"
  • Unikraken likes this
#define true false

Spoiler

#13 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 01:00 AM

Yargh I didne mean that.

IP banning no longer works in the UK as we have roaming IPs. It resets every 24h or whenever you reboot your Homehub™.

Valid points though.

Also I have no warning points? I think I'm on my final warning yo.

Also only communist hipster use Starbucks, real men use greasy spoons, lotts Or greggs. Greggs 4 life bruv. They actually pay taxes which pay me and my pension yo.

I bought 15 jam, 15 cream and 15 ice doughnuts for the platoon, 2 cups of tea and 3 steak bakes for my breakfast. Less than £20. Costa or Starbucks that would have cost me about £50

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#14 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 09:47 AM

IP banning no longer works in the UK as we have roaming IPs. It resets every 24h or whenever you reboot your Homehub™.

Isnt that how the Internet is supposed to work? I mean in Germany at least it was since... like forever.

YmSsY2C.png

#15 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 12:39 AM

So we ban the whole /16

Problem solved!
#define true false

Spoiler

#16 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 01:04 AM

So we ban the whole /16Problem solved!

You be doin that thing that I can't understand. Be speaking English.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#17 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 11:18 PM

You be doin that thing that I can't understand. Be speaking English.

Lol says the guy who says our security needs work...

It's a subnet thing. Too much to explain via forum and I don't feel like finding a tutorial. Learn subnetting or something...

EDIT: I found a thing.

IPv4CIDRChart_2015.jpg
  • 베이클라이트 likes this
#define true false

Spoiler

#18 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 11:40 PM

Lol says the guy who says our security needs work...

It's a subnet thing. Too much to explain via forum and I don't feel like finding a tutorial. Learn subnetting or something...

EDIT: I found a thing.

Was my point not proved when north koreans communists infiltrated the forums?

Be speaking english.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#19 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 11:51 PM

Was my point not proved when north koreans communists infiltrated the forums?

Be speaking english.

Not exactly. It's hard to prevent spam on an open forum, unless you recommend closing off the forum.

Which is not something that's gonna happen.
#define true false

Spoiler

#20 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 11:53 PM

Not exactly. It's hard to prevent spam on an open forum, unless you recommend closing off the forum.

Which is not something that's gonna happen.

My other two forums have never suffered from spams.

They're much larger and have far more traffic too.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users