#1 MasterOfShips

MasterOfShips

MasterOfPENIS

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:23 AM

Posted Image

source: http://www.halopedia...an_civilization

As seen in Halo 4. Just wanted to post them here so everyone can see them. I really like some of the designs, especially the larger capital ships.

Also, the one on the top right looks kind of like a Vasari ship.
  • DEMONTHESE2211 likes this
"For Melisandre's vagina is dark and full of terror. Trust me, I know."

#2 Guest_Golly_*

Guest_Golly_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:32 AM

I really like those designs.0

#3 CanadaMan7

CanadaMan7

Commander-in-Chief

• Administrators
  • 1,247 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

Pretty damn cool, actually.

yLM4TEk.png

#4 Normon

Normon

High Commander of the Fleet of Unholy Fire

• Inactive Staff
  • 432 posts
  • LocationThe cartographer.

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:51 PM

Hmmmm, I have an idea...
Signature? Quotes? Images? Nonsense! Actually, cool quotes are cool. - Me
Primus successus aut totus error. - EOD

#5 Commander Jbug

Commander Jbug

I'm a derp derp.

• Members
  • 272 posts
  • LocationNew York (Bagel Land)

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:06 PM

An idea:

In Rebellion for the Forerunner faction you could have the Forerunners and the Ancient Humans as the rebels. That would be pretty damn cool.

It seems like when someone creates a new fool-proof solution, someone gives birth to a better fool.

#6 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts
  • Steam:sloosecannon
  • LocationThis dimension (right now...)

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:24 PM

An idea:

In Rebellion for the Forerunner faction you could have the Forerunners and the Ancient Humans as the rebels. That would be pretty damn cool.

I think the biggest problem with that would be the fact that no ancient human faction exists in the "modern" Halo lore.
As guardians of a planet, maybe... but unless we find ancient humans in Halo 5 or 6, there's probably not gonna be a human faction
#define true false
//happy debugging suckers!!!!!

Notable SOTP forum/Steam chat quotes:

Spoiler

Donate to the forum! https://kd8rho.net/donate

#7 MasterOfShips

MasterOfShips

MasterOfPENIS

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:45 PM

What's your idea Normon?

#8 Fleet ADM. Drian

Fleet ADM. Drian

Waging some sort of War for Terra

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationDeep Space

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:02 PM

I vote to put some derelict Ancient Human ship around a planet with a really small chance of being discovered.

#9 CanadaMan7

CanadaMan7

Commander-in-Chief

• Administrators
  • 1,247 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:36 PM

Unless we see more of them in regards to how their weaponry works or more detail, it really limits the scope of how we could possibly include them.

yLM4TEk.png

#10 Conran

Conran

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:12 AM

Wish I could figure out how to spoiler tag on forums;

Following is image that seems to partially depict "some" weaponry from the human/forerunner war.

Posted Image

A cursory glace suggests energy based weaponry similiar to forerunner, the right centre foreground of the image has what appears to be a tank or ground installation firing weaponry on a Forerunner ship while infantry on the ground appear to suggest more ground based beam weaponry. This is reinforced by the wiki which itself states;

Technology

Prior to the dismantling of their civilization, humanity had reached Tier 1 on the Forerunner technological achievement scale, making them nearly technological equals of the Forerunners. This was largely thanks to the efforts of Yprin Yprikushma, who encouraged humanity to study Forerunner technologies they had encountered in their early conflicts with Forerunners.[1] Despite this, humanity's understanding of slipspace technology, particularly in the area of causal reconciliation, was inferior to that of the Forerunners who were able to use their superior understanding of slipspace to an advantage by clogging the humans' slipspace channels and slowing down their interstellar travel.[28] However, the Didact indicated at one point, humanity with the help of the San 'Shyuum had developed offensive military technologies that Didact's warriors had no effective defense against and enabled them to compensate against the overwhelming numbers of the Forerunner military.[29]
It is known that humans of this time used artificial intelligence constructs.[1] On Charum Hakkor, the humans built vast constructs supported by the Precursor structures; cities stretching to orbit along orbital arches, described by Bornstellar Makes Eternal Lasting as resembling ivy growing on great trees. In addition, they built energy towers and defense platforms operating at geosynchronous orbit and equigravitation,[30] linked by virtually unbreakable Precursor unbending filaments.[31]
It is known that humanity and Forerunners infantry shared many similar military technologies, including advanced battle armor and energy-based weapons. Human warships were capable of high intensity energy streams capable of destroying large shielded Forerunner ships in single hits and also sterilizing entire flood infected worlds.[26]

Bolded the most relevent and supporting information. While this information is most likely accurate considering humanities potential technology at the time alongside its ability to sterilise flood infested worlds using presumeably plasma based weaponry, further information could likely be gleaned once Silentium is released. The additional information of the human fleets preference for armour over shielding would also atleast partially support the UNSC in its design concepts of taking the hits rather than negating them, which would show atleast a similiar mindset in regards to space combat.

This could potentially open up the Forerunner rebel faction concept mentioned above as a half and half of the UNSC/Covenent factions and offer an intriguing cross of gameplay dynamics. That is if assuming you wish to include the Forerunner humans as a playable faction. Note this is just a suggestion and not the usual moddb ramblings of "OMFGADD COV SUPA CARIR PLZ". It is important to understand that this would also need development, expansion of existing ideas and balancing if considered so i'm hoping this information isn't used as a launchpad for add this type of thing posts.

Lore wise, it would actually be possible to impliment, be a bit of a grey area but due to their advanced use of AI in this age of man, it could be theoreticly possible to use that as reasoning for the fleets actual existance. When you consider how the Forerunners own AI's eventually used the fleets of its own will even when their crew were deceased, it's safe to assume a human AI of that age would easily be capable of the same thing, taking the few remaining human ships to a far arm of the galaxy.

Edit: Forgive typos, my coffee tastes like shit and my heads still not actually back in reality.

#11 TheOtherXtremeRoflcopter

TheOtherXtremeRoflcopter

Petty Officer Third Class

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationTrapped in my computer, please send help!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:03 AM

Ancient Human fleets would be a tricky thing to try and do from a canon viewpoint, because during the forerunner/human war we were reduced to just simple primitives again by the biggest doucher in the galaxy ( a.k.a didact ). Unless you try to implement that the librarian managed to save a few of them and hid them away in the galaxy or even sent them outside the galaxy and they are now beginning to return. Would also be one hell of a family reunion when they meet the UNSC though XD
"When I joined the Corps, we didn't have any fancy-schmanzy tanks. We had sticks! Two sticks, and a rock for the whole platoon—and we had to share the rock! Buck up, boy, you are one very lucky marine!" - Sergeant Avery Johnson.

#12 Guest_Golly_*

Guest_Golly_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:22 AM

We have a lott on the Ancient Human ships and weapons now though, maybee even enough to rival the forerunners. :S

#13 TheOtherXtremeRoflcopter

TheOtherXtremeRoflcopter

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:35 AM

We have a lott on the Ancient Human ships and weapons now though, maybee even enough to rival the forerunners. :S

Could possibly do a thing where it's the humans (who have the support of the librarian) against the prometheans (didact obviously)
"When I joined the Corps, we didn't have any fancy-schmanzy tanks. We had sticks! Two sticks, and a rock for the whole platoon—and we had to share the rock! Buck up, boy, you are one very lucky marine!" - Sergeant Avery Johnson.

#14 thefallenlords

thefallenlords

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:44 AM

I'd just like to point out that not only would it be a canonical minefield if ancient humans were introduced for a whole variety of reasons, but also the fact that at best their units would be roughly equivalent to Forerunner units, resulting in what is essentially a reskin. Might as well just finish the Forerunners first and wait for further canonical information before ancient humans are even considered in the mod.

#15 TheOtherXtremeRoflcopter

TheOtherXtremeRoflcopter

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:15 PM

I'd just like to point out that not only would it be a canonical minefield if ancient humans were introduced for a whole variety of reasons, but also the fact that at best their units would be roughly equivalent to Forerunner units, resulting in what is essentially a reskin. Might as well just finish the Forerunners first and wait for further canonical information before ancient humans are even considered in the mod.

Agreed but still speculation never hurts.

#16 TheOtherXtremeRoflcopter

TheOtherXtremeRoflcopter

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:16 PM

Wallpaper-worthy image of ancient Human-Forerunner combat.

I AM SO USING THIS FOR A DESKTOP BACKGROUND!

Edited by Emberblaque, 07 February 2013 - 01:25 PM.

#17 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:35 PM

OMFGADD COV SUPA CARIR PLZ

ITS RENAMED THE plot device - CLASS PLOT DEVICE!!!!!

that aside, this is some really solid information, and while i doubt the entire faction would ever make it into SotP, there MIGHT be a possibility for ancient human ships to be used in some way, perhaps as flood ships for example
  • ahunter257 likes this

#18 TheOtherXtremeRoflcopter

TheOtherXtremeRoflcopter

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:02 PM

Always wondered what was up the spartan style the forerunners used..

#19 MasterOfShips

MasterOfShips

MasterOfPENIS

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:11 PM

Here's an idea. Maybe the dev team, once SotP is finished of course, could look at a possible expansion involving the Alliance between Ancient Humanity and the San Shyuum, vs. the Forerunner Eucemene, vs. the Flood? They could call it "War for the Mantle" and have it set 150,000 years ago during the Human/Flood/Forerunner wars.
  • rangasdohavesouls likes this

#20 Conran

Conran

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:25 PM

Regarding the canonical minefield thing, Silentium may provide some further insight into the Human Forerunner war, or so I assume it will as the first two books brang the knowledge of it to existance in the first place. As it states on the wiki, the technology was teir 1, therefore equal in ways to Forerunner, if Forerunner tech can survive it's infact viable for human tech in some far, distant outpost also survived. Especially considering the wiki and books state that humanity encompassed atleast 20,000 worlds (source, see Sphere of Influence section). While it's noted the Forerunners are supposed to have destroyed all surviving human tech from that time, it's highly unlikely that was successful considering 1; it was over 20,000 worlds and 2; the source isn't exactly reliable as it was noted by Forerunners. Who were stomped by the flood. Who also failed to figure out why human ships were burning their worlds until too late. Yeah, not a great source.

Or atleast the knowledge of the ships used, as we know Forerunners saw themselves as the caretakers of life for all intensive purposes, might have survived. It would make logical sense for them to retain technical information for their ancient species rival. This, again is supported by the terminal footage in Halo 4 as well as the storage of human intelligences and their use in the Prometheans, 343 Guilty Spark retaining some of his prior knowledge from before being 343 (from both the original Forerunner war and the "devolution period" as well the hinted genetic history within most notably Chief (again, Halo 4) by the Librarian.

But this is all again conjecture based on available evidence. Also probally going off topic from the mod or the actual image itself.

Lets get back on the usual forums topic; y u no haf supa carer plot devix in mod?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users