38 replies to this topic

#21 Emberblaque

Emberblaque

Commander

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,356 posts
  • LocationThonotosassa, FL

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:36 PM

Here's an idea. Maybe the dev team, once SotP is finished of course, could look at a possible expansion involving the Alliance between Ancient Humanity and the San Shyuum, vs. the Forerunner Eucemene, vs. the Flood? They could call it "War for the Mantle" and have it set 150,000 years ago during the Human/Flood/Forerunner wars.

I expect SoaSE to be old news by then.

#22 MasterOfShips

MasterOfShips

MasterOfPENIS

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:40 PM

I expect SoaSE to be old news by then.

Maybe. I'll definitely still be playing Soase/SotP for a long time. And who knows, Soase 2 will be out by then?
"For Melisandre's vagina is dark and full of terror. Trust me, I know."

#23 TheOtherXtremeRoflcopter

TheOtherXtremeRoflcopter

Petty Officer Third Class

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationTrapped in my computer, please send help!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

Maybe. I'll definitely still be playing Soase/SotP for a long time. And who knows, Soase 2 will be out by then?

Im positive they are working on a SoaSE 2 because of the way the cutscene at the beginning of rebellion ominously ends, although I think (hope would be a better word) that they are overhauling the game engine. Sure its really good and has aged gracefully but there's just so much the modding community want's to be able to do but just can't due to hardcoding.
"When I joined the Corps, we didn't have any fancy-schmanzy tanks. We had sticks! Two sticks, and a rock for the whole platoon—and we had to share the rock! Buck up, boy, you are one very lucky marine!" - Sergeant Avery Johnson.

#24 Normon

Normon

High Commander of the Fleet of Unholy Fire

• Inactive Staff
  • 432 posts
  • LocationThe cartographer.

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:38 PM

Not only that, if they make an SoaSE 2, they better make it 64-bit to remove that damned 2GB Ram usage limit.
  • Defender0 likes this
Signature? Quotes? Images? Nonsense! Actually, cool quotes are cool. - Me
Primus successus aut totus error. - EOD

#25 TheOtherXtremeRoflcopter

TheOtherXtremeRoflcopter

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:42 PM

Yeah you guys sure do seem to be pretty annoyed by the 2gb RAM issue. Still not sure why you dont get the patch to allow it use 4gb
"When I joined the Corps, we didn't have any fancy-schmanzy tanks. We had sticks! Two sticks, and a rock for the whole platoon—and we had to share the rock! Buck up, boy, you are one very lucky marine!" - Sergeant Avery Johnson.

#26 Commander Jbug

Commander Jbug

I'm a derp derp.

• Members
  • 272 posts
  • LocationNew York (Bagel Land)

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:50 PM

Maybe the human ships could be given to the Flood because after all the Flood also fought the humans and ought to have captured a few of their ships.

It seems like when someone creates a new fool-proof solution, someone gives birth to a better fool.

#27 TheOtherXtremeRoflcopter

TheOtherXtremeRoflcopter

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:58 PM

Maybe the human ships could be given to the Flood because after all the Flood also fought the humans and ought to have captured a few of their ships.

Can't if they want to keep it cannon to 2543 humanity has yet to uncover the flood and therefore there would not be any infected human ships.

#28 MasterOfShips

MasterOfShips

MasterOfPENIS

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

Sure its really good and has aged gracefully but there's just so much the modding community want's to be able to do but just can't due to hardcoding.

True, and although highly unlikely, one can still hope.
"For Melisandre's vagina is dark and full of terror. Trust me, I know."

#29 TheOtherXtremeRoflcopter

TheOtherXtremeRoflcopter

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:28 PM

Well c'mon I am pretty sure the sins engine has been in need of a over haul for a long time.

#30 Commander Jbug

Commander Jbug

I'm a derp derp.

• Members
  • 272 posts
  • LocationNew York (Bagel Land)

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

Can't if they want to keep it cannon to 2543 humanity has yet to uncover the flood and therefore there would not be any infected human ships.

I mean ancient human ships.

It seems like when someone creates a new fool-proof solution, someone gives birth to a better fool.

#31 Normon

Normon

• Inactive Staff
  • 432 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:31 PM

I'd rather that didn't happen, it even stated in the article that human ships had the firepower to take out the larger Forerunner shielded ships with one shot. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want to fight that shit when it belongs to the Flood.

#32 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:08 AM

Excellent point that kind of firepower given to the flood… well there goes the galaxy…

"Japan received freedom so hard it was atomizing." -VDNKh
Spoiler

#33 chiefship

chiefship

Petty Officer First Class

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • LocationLand of the wörk. wörk wörk wörk

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:09 AM

Great work,
but I think the ships in the bootem half are forrunner ships because of its geometric design and its design of the engins (compare the engin design with the ships from the picture).

My face during the Germany:Brazil game 2014

Spoiler

#34 Normon

Normon

• Inactive Staff
  • 432 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:44 PM

Nah, remember, these are ancient humans who gained much of their technology from the Forerunners.

#35 Bornstellaris

Bornstellaris

The Winter Soldier

• Mod Staff
  • 1,533 posts
  • Steam:Bornstellaris
  • LocationCivil War

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:59 PM

The ancient humans were very advanced, they were the ones the drove the flood from the galaxy. They only clashed with the forerunners because most of their worlds were destroyed by the war with the flood, they needed new worlds and took them brutally. The forerunners had no choice but to step in.

"But I knew him" 

- Bucky Barnes

Spoiler

#36 Conran

Conran

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

Yeah you guys sure do seem to be pretty annoyed by the 2gb RAM issue. Still not sure why you dont get the patch to allow it use 4gb

The patch infact sometimes won't do much sadly, encountered this before, it works fine for Diplo/Entr but not so much Rebellion. Something I was pointed to was adjusting page file useage which actually helped a fair bit for certain mods that use alot of seperate factions and have a modular load rather than a giant dicksledge of a file.

#37 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts
  • LocationKent, Washington, USA

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:52 AM

a giant dicksledge

Posted Image
  • CanadaMan7 and Defender0 like this

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#38 That1Niftyguy

That1Niftyguy

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:48 PM

Maybe once SotP is compatible with Rebellion, the ancient human ships could be the guardians of the occupation planet (if the gamemodes will be left the same).

The somewhat-silent observer

#39 Normon

Normon

• Inactive Staff
  • 432 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:06 PM

We have special plans for that game mode, and having the ancient humans guarding it would make no sense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users