• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 fightin-first

fightin-first

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 02:24 PM

so looking on the modDB page, i see you are planning on adding a super-weapon in the game in the form of the Super Heavy MAC (I can't use the acronym, its makes me giggle too much).

As awesome and totally kickass as it sounds, my one concern with it is about the range, will it be able to snipe the sniper ships? I can't speak for the UNSC sniper the Artemis because I usually only fight against Covenant enemies, but the DOS-class supercruiser is the bane of any ODP's existence.  While it sucks to fight against them since it forces me to scramble a fleet before my defenses are in shambles, I feel that the fact that there is a ship that is (mostly) untouchable by static defenses is a necessary part of how the game plays.  If these new platforms can be placed in a strategic location on the map, AND they can out-range any other weapon in the game, i'm worried it'll turn any battle into a sitzkrieg

TL;DR: How are you planning on balancing the Super Heavy MAC outside of just limiting its numbers?

#2 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 05 July 2016 - 05:20 PM

DOS will not be nerfed. Effectively or accidentally.

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#3 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 11:33 PM

TL;DR: How are you planning on balancing the Super Heavy MAC outside of just limiting its numbers?

I do say its already well balanced by limiting its number. If I recall Uni said in a game that you can have like 2 in a normal game which isn't alot. And with them covies fleet beeing quite fast I guess you could actually take those things down pretty easily If you split your fleet up in like 2-3 chunks and trying to maneuver around the Heavy SMAC while your normal "Sniper" ships snipe the SMACS and the others taking care of the UNSC fleet.

YmSsY2C.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users