2 replies to this topic

#1 Kommrad II

Kommrad II

Ask me about those ship icons.

• Banned
  • 223 posts
  • LocationNEV-AH-DUH

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:48 PM

Okay, so I was readin the new Halo novel (Thursday War by Karen Traviss if anybody cares) and there was a plot point involving a lack of communication during a jump and that got me to thinking. What if that first slipspace jump tech also allowed your own ships to be visible during a jump? Before this tech is researched, the player would just tell his ships to jump somewhere and not know that they got there until they actually show up at the location. And if I remember correctly, I've read a lot about slipspace jumps being some pretty hardcore guesstimation in other novels so it'd be in tune with Halo lore if it were included.

So is this just an overall shitty idea or something that can't be done due to dastardly hard coding?

"Groovy."

Ask me about those ships icons I owe Unikraken.

#2 Normon

Normon

High Commander of the Fleet of Unholy Fire

• Inactive Staff
  • 432 posts
  • LocationThe cartographer.

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:08 PM

Pretty sure this can't be done...
Signature? Quotes? Images? Nonsense! Actually, cool quotes are cool. - Me
Primus successus aut totus error. - EOD

#3 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Necromancer Supreme, agig did 9/11 2015

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts
  • Steam:Fleet Admiral agigabyte
  • LocationUNSC Skrubtester

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:20 PM

Okay, so I was readin the new Halo novel (Thursday War by Karen Traviss if anybody cares) and there was a plot point involving a lack of communication during a jump and that got me to thinking. What if that first slipspace jump tech also allowed your own ships to be visible during a jump? Before this tech is researched, the player would just tell his ships to jump somewhere and not know that they got there until they actually show up at the location. And if I remember correctly, I've read a lot about slipspace jumps being some pretty hardcore guesstimation in other novels so it'd be in tune with Halo lore if it were included.

So is this just an overall shitty idea or something that can't be done due to dastardly hard coding?

Pretty sure this can't be done...

Pretty sure Norman is correct.
WE WILL RIP THEIR SKULLS FROM THEIR SPINES, AND TOSS THEM AWAY, LAUGHIN'!

Oh, I know what the ladies like... -Sarge Johnson

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users