- - - - -

Scaling down ye olde supercarrier.

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Golly_*

Guest_Golly_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:08 AM

As it stands the supercarrier is far too big. It dwarfs other ships and makes them look stupid. The problem is the height of the model. It's not too long really, just too tall. The only way to combat that is to scale it down. It should be theflagship, but it shouldn't be so big as to make everything else look like an insect.

Also it doesn't cost nearly enough, people should NOT be able to have a fleet with 10+ scs in. It's idiotic, overpowered and most of all it rips immersion and canon to dang shreds.
  • Zero, Defender0 and Wikia like this

#2 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:44 AM

Also it doesn't cost nearly enough, people should NOT be able to have a fleet with 10+ scs in. It's idiotic, overpowered and most of all it rips immersion and canon to dang shreds.

currently, im ok with the scale (except that it glitches into the factory as its being produced, but as the factory isnt the final model, ill let that slide FOR NOW). My problem with the supercarrier is how cheap it is to research. There has been a recent change in the playtester version where the supercarrier research costs 8000/2000/500. Personally, i think the crystal cost should be higher, but ill let that slide now as this is a very good improvement over 800/150/180. This ship is not meant to be spammed, it is meant for late game where you need a hard hitting ship that takes care of the big threats.

so, bottom line, yeah, i agree with you lol

#3 Wikia

Wikia

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:28 PM

Is there a way to limit how many you can have alive at a time to only one like how it is in the canon or is that another hardcoding problem? (there's only one instance of a UNSC supercarrier and it's the UNSC Trafalgar's husk in First Strike)
"I'm not a terrorist, I'm a pirate."

#4 Guest_Golly_*

Guest_Golly_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:50 PM

Impossible, because it's actually a capital, not a titan.

#5 Wikia

Wikia

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:03 PM

Figured as much. Hmm... well all I can think of is making it worth 2-3 Cap-ship crews.
  • Kommrad II likes this
"I'm not a terrorist, I'm a pirate."

#6 Dianno5741

Dianno5741

Chief Petty Officer

• Members
  • 581 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:14 PM

Well if the cost of the supercarrier is that high in terms of resources then honestly if your opponent knows what he is doing you will probably never get one. Covies are aggressive and should be costing the UNSC an arm and a leg to maintain a fleet. UNSC vs UNSC should not allow the other to just sit back and wait allowing them to gather the resources to just simply get a supercarrier. One does not just simply buy a supercarrier. Let alone Spam the damn things. If your opponent has somehow amassed 2-3 super carriers plus supporting ships like 100 + then you did something extremely wrong.

That being said i think the size is appropriate since they are suppose to be "WTF is that!" ships. Consider them the Halo version of a Heavy First rate ship of the line.
  • Defender0 and HTRK74JR like this

bDNWw7L.png

#7 Emberblaque

Emberblaque

Commander

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,356 posts
  • LocationThonotosassa, FL

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:26 PM

I always thought the size could do to be taken down a notch.

#8 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:46 PM

maybe scale down by 10%... lol

#9 MrChipps

MrChipps

Having a beer with Colonel Jack O'Neill

• Contributor
  • 789 posts
  • LocationThe Commonwealth wasteland

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:32 AM

I like the size of the supercarrier, however it could make do with a slight lenghtening of the nose section to reduce the rather square profile.
Sweden can into gender!

#10 CQBEXPT

CQBEXPT

Petty Officer Third Class

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationA meth lab

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:40 AM

i like it the way it is........increase the size by 20%. Also i found out the other day the covie supcarrier is wider then the infinity is long so lol.
  • Defender0 and HTRK74JR like this
Posted Image

#11 LazyGee

LazyGee

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationSublime Transcendence

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:07 AM

You should probably hold off on the supercarrier and put it in as a titan. Though then I guess the UNSC dont have anything that really compares to the scale and power of one.....

#12 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:14 PM

So about the Covie Super-carrier,... I mean uh hmm... the developers have said that it ain't going to be in the mod.
"Japan received freedom so hard it was atomizing." -VDNKh
Spoiler

#13 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:31 PM

You should probably hold off on the supercarrier and put it in as a titan. Though then I guess the UNSC dont have anything that really compares to the scale and power of one.....

Uni is going to kill you unless someone intervenes IMMEDIATELY. So thank me for this post.

The plot device - Class Plot Device, as i like to call it, will break the scale of sins so much, that it would be bigger than an asteroid. It would also be INCREDIBLY hard to balance it. So, therefore, the CAS - Class Assault Carrier will be the covenant titan in rebellion.

Also, balance it against the UNSC, id love to watch the attempt at it :P
  • MrChipps likes this

#14 LazyGee

LazyGee

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:55 PM

Yes, yes and yes, still the sight of a covy supercarrier stoping stuff....well it needs no words.

#15 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:53 PM

Yes, yes and yes, still the sight of a covy supercarrier stoping stuff....well it needs no words.

Understand that i can only save you from so much butthurt...lol
  • sloosecannon and MrChipps like this

#16 Normon

Normon

High Commander of the Fleet of Unholy Fire

• Inactive Staff
  • 432 posts
  • LocationThe cartographer.

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:42 PM

Simply put, there will be no Covenant plot device.
  • Defender0, MrChipps and CoSSpartan058 like this
Signature? Quotes? Images? Nonsense! Actually, cool quotes are cool. - Me
Primus successus aut totus error. - EOD

#17 LazyGee

LazyGee

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:17 AM

Simply put, there will be no Covenant plot device.

Well obviously, they are already OP enough, and I wouldn't like it any other way. Its good to see a mod that actually sticks to this stuff, so well done.

#18 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:38 PM

Covenant plot device.

the name is catching on... :D
  • MrChipps and Fleet Admiral agigabyte like this

#19 Aunt Gruntie

Aunt Gruntie

Sterilized Food Nipples!

• Contributor
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:36 PM

I agree with golly, the second you build the super carrier all your ships (even the cradle) look insignificant.
Which is kinda depressing considering how awesome the UNSC ships are, to see the dwarfed so much by the super carrier (as awesome as it is) sucks.

Maybe a start a poll to or not to scale down the super carrier.

Help me Sergeant I'm lost in Kurfluffle land!

#20 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:24 PM

I think maybe lower the hight but other than that and the shipyard issue I think the Thermopile is fine as it is.
"Japan received freedom so hard it was atomizing." -VDNKh
Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users