• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 haseo yashimora

haseo yashimora

Petty Officer Second Class

• Banned
  • 323 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:12 PM

hello fans and makings of SOTP, names Yashimora ive been a halo fan since 2001 and have read all the books and have all the games, the universe in halo is very well made and i got to say this mod, im hooked, but theres a few things id like to point out, my good friend D4RKST0RM99 made a scale chart that "cannon" if u can take a look here- http://d4rkst0rm99.d...SMALL-191729993 the carrier and super carrier are diffrent, i dont mind the carriers in the mod now but the giant shoe box u call a supercarrier, ya i never use it its just so ugly, i like the cannon version on the link better, but i thank u all for this mod i love it!

suggestions:

covi balancing: reasion why there was no space battling in halo wars if u read the book 97% of the time the covi ships win because of there shield tech and plasma weapons, now i got few idea's to balance them;

1. have a small unit cap on covi ships

2. alow 5-8 covi cap ships to be on the battlefield but every 1 player

3. shields recharge slow

4. covi ships fire slower then UNSC

5. make them rely on there shields and have low hull HP

6. make cruiser and cap MAC guns do huge damage on covi ships with a military skill in the UNSC skill tree

7. give the UNSC light frigates and Infinity shields(cannon during halo 4)

i also got other suggestions such as some planets are ring worlds that when explored u could get forerunner shield tech to all frigates and the mac stations to have 2 AA turrets tords fighters.

idea's:

i got one idea after seeing ur new vid, for the civilian skill tree, u can add a skill like,

name: ONI

description: the Office of Navel Intelligence is spread far and wide threw out the colonies, this this trained u can see any neutral planet linked to ur sector of space orbiting ur star,

that way u can see how many neutral NPC ships are around that planet without the need for a ONI prowler, then the ONI prowler can get a defensive buff and its main goal could be scouting "player" planets and anti-mine ship.

please ur feedback is inportant, ty :)

#2 CoSSpartan058

CoSSpartan058

Original Badass

• Contributor
  • 241 posts
  • LocationONI Facility, Reach

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:22 AM

Just a couple of things to point out, the current entrenchment version of the mod does not take place during Halo 4 so the Infinity in that ship chart and the frigate shields will not be options in this release. Also, If I remember correctly there is not "official" canon version of the super carrier, just fanon. There are also multiple threads around the forums about the covenant not being a finished product so any sort of balancing will happen at a later stage with them.
Posted Image

#3 MrChipps

MrChipps

Having a beer with Colonel Jack O'Neill

• Contributor
  • 789 posts
  • LocationThe Commonwealth wasteland

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:14 AM

Spacebattles are not supposed to be balanced unit per unit, instead UNSC ships are much cheaper and can be deployed in much greater numbers than their Covenant equivalent. A UNSC victory requires a 3 to 1 ratio of ships of the same class. Furthermore the UNSC did engage the covenant in space succsessfully, not often but it happened. But you as a reader of all the books, particularly "The Fall of Reach" and "The Impossible Life and the Possible Death of Preston J.Cole" you probably know this already.
Sweden can into gender!

#4 LazyGee

LazyGee

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationSublime Transcendence

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:49 AM

I dont actually see the supercarrier on that link, plus these guys are right ^^.

#5 haseo yashimora

haseo yashimora

• Banned
  • 323 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:50 AM

Just a couple of things to point out, the current entrenchment version of the mod does not take place during Halo 4 so the Infinity in that ship chart and the frigate shields will not be options in this release. Also, If I remember correctly there is not "official" canon version of the super carrier, just fanon. There are also multiple threads around the forums about the covenant not being a finished product so any sort of balancing will happen at a later stage with them.

i mentioned it FOR the final version ;) but ty for the reply

Spacebattles are not supposed to be balanced unit per unit, instead UNSC ships are much cheaper and can be deployed in much greater numbers than their Covenant equivalent. A UNSC victory requires a 3 to 1 ratio of ships of the same class. Furthermore the UNSC did engage the covenant in space succsessfully, not often but it happened. But you as a reader of all the books, particularly "The Fall of Reach" and "The Impossible Life and the Possible Death of Preston J.Cole" you probably know this already.

just idea's i had on the mind see if the makers of the mod would comment on them or use them, but ty for ur input :)

#6 haseo yashimora

haseo yashimora

• Banned
  • 323 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:51 AM

I dont actually see the supercarrier on that link, plus these guys are right ^^.

look harder its the largest ship on the chart

#7 LazyGee

LazyGee

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:53 AM

http://d4rkst0rm99.d...C-COV-178388170

You mean this one :P

#8 haseo yashimora

haseo yashimora

• Banned
  • 323 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:07 AM

http://d4rkst0rm99.d...C-COV-178388170

You mean this one :P

thats all the halo ships including Forerunner

#9 LazyGee

LazyGee

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:57 AM

Yess, so the supercarrier is the biggest covenant ship on that picture. Its not on the other one.

#10 spartan-G257

spartan-G257

Gamma Company Recruit

• Contributor
  • 234 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:26 PM

Yess, so the supercarrier is the biggest covenant ship on that picture. Its not on the other one.

UNSC supercarrier not covenant supercarrier

The unsc supercarrier is the second largest ship there only dwarfed by the UNSC infinity
UNSC been beating the covies since 2525
Closed Beta Testing HHF
Hail the Commonwealth of Nations and long live the Queen
Posted ImagePosted Image

#11 LazyGee

LazyGee

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:33 PM

Oh, well sorry. That explains alot...

#12 Moo Cow Banshee

Moo Cow Banshee

Prodigal Son

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

I got a colored one Posted Image
  • HTRK74JR likes this

#13 spartan-G257

spartan-G257

Gamma Company Recruit

• Contributor
  • 234 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:56 PM

Wow that's nice
UNSC been beating the covies since 2525
Closed Beta Testing HHF
Hail the Commonwealth of Nations and long live the Queen
Posted ImagePosted Image

#14 Moo Cow Banshee

Moo Cow Banshee

Prodigal Son

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:11 PM

yeah i thought that as well, i bookmarked it and i knew i'd use it on the forums one day

#15 D4RKST0RM99

D4RKST0RM99

There's a DarkStorm coming Mr. Canadaman...

• Authorized Playtester
  • 961 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:29 AM

I got a colored one Posted Image

Y'know I think the creator of this chart updated it with a side shot of the Infinity, he said they're hard to find, it s from the Halo Wayoint bullitin- https://waypointprod...scale_final.jpg

#16 LazyGee

LazyGee

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:10 AM

mmm...look at that Assault carrier, its beautiful.

#17 Dianno5741

Dianno5741

Chief Petty Officer

• Members
  • 581 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:17 PM

Well the ideas you have are nice and we really appreciate feedback. To my knowledge the basic foundation for balancing will come from the 3 to 1 ratio, meaning it will take 3 UNSC ships of a light frigate class to defeat a light frigate cov ship, this cov ship will probably destroy two of the UNSC ships before dying to make it as spot on as the books. We are wrapping up the UNSC right now, but when production has shifted towards gearing the covenant we will take your advice to heart. Thanks again and hope to see you starside.

bDNWw7L.png

#18 haseo yashimora

haseo yashimora

• Banned
  • 323 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:30 PM

Well the ideas you have are nice and we really appreciate feedback. To my knowledge the basic foundation for balancing will come from the 3 to 1 ratio, meaning it will take 3 UNSC ships of a light frigate class to defeat a light frigate cov ship, this cov ship will probably destroy two of the UNSC ships before dying to make it as spot on as the books. We are wrapping up the UNSC right now, but when production has shifted towards gearing the covenant we will take your advice to heart. Thanks again and hope to see you starside.

no thank u for making one of the best games of all time, so sticking with this, if u need any more ideas just mail me got a crap load! also ty for ur feedback on my suggestions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users