48 replies to this topic

#21 spartan-G257

spartan-G257

Gamma Company Recruit

• Contributor
  • 234 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:17 PM

I live in Britain And I am British, I would very much like to see something British. Maybe have something for each country I don't know but something has got to be British
UNSC been beating the covies since 2525
Closed Beta Testing HHF
Hail the Commonwealth of Nations and long live the Queen
Posted ImagePosted Image

#22 MasterOfShips

MasterOfShips

MasterOfPENIS

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:40 PM

I live in Britain And I am British, I would very much like to see something British. Maybe have something for each country I don't know but something has got to be British

No it doesn't. Typical Brit, thinking that their country is still relevant. (I'm kidding :P)

Seriously though, a royal lion icon could work.

Posted Image
"For Melisandre's vagina is dark and full of terror. Trust me, I know."

#23 Guest_Golly_*

Guest_Golly_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:44 PM

I understand that was in jest, but say it again and we're going to have a problem.
  • MasterOfShips likes this

#24 MasterOfShips

MasterOfShips

MasterOfPENIS

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:48 PM

I understand that was in jest, but say it again and we're going to have a problem.

US > UK

U madz pleb? :3

(Again I jest, the UK is actually one of my favorite countries.)

#25 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:33 PM

my rant on why america is not the best country would be too long for the average person to have patience for... ill keep it to myself for now :P

p.s. Im american

#26 MasterOfShips

MasterOfShips

MasterOfPENIS

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:41 PM

my rant on why america is not the best country would be too long for the average person to have patience for... ill keep it to myself for now :P

p.s. Im american

Yep. Our government is criminally incompetent, our citizens are becoming more ignorant and morbidly obese, and we lack the motivation/political will to change any of it.
  • Defender0 likes this

#27 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:44 PM

Yep. Our government is criminally incompetent, our citizens are becoming more ignorant and morbidly obese, and we lack the motivation/political will to change any of it.

my rant is longer than that, but this is basically what it is

#28 CanadaMan7

CanadaMan7

Commander-in-Chief

• Administrators
  • 1,247 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

No British things (see "trying to avoid individual nations"), but I'll think about the Lion. We'll see.

You might notice the crossed swords player icon ingame already, since that's my favorite badge to use in Halo multiplayer.

my rant on why america is not the best country would be too long for the average person to have patience for... ill keep it to myself for now

America isn't perfect, but I'd honestly never choose to live anywhere else. I've traveled a good bit in Europe and Asia, and while they're nice to visit, I couldn't see myself living there.
  • Unikraken, CoSSpartan058, ONI Michael and 2 others like this

yLM4TEk.png

#29 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:57 PM

America isn't perfect, but I'd honestly never choose to live anywhere else. I've traveled a good bit in Europe and Asia, and while they're nice to visit, I couldn't see myself living there.

I pretty much agree with this. If this ship goes down, im going down with it
  • ONI Michael likes this

#30 MasterOfShips

MasterOfShips

MasterOfPENIS

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:08 PM

No British things (see "trying to avoid individual nations"), but I'll think about the Lion. We'll see.

You might notice the crossed swords player icon ingame already, since that's my favorite badge to use in Halo multiplayer.

Not me. Once I become the world's first trillionaire, I'm going to start my own colony on Mars. All of you will be welcome of course, as long as you accept me as your new lord and master.

Anyway, I noticed the crossed energy swords. I'm glad you included them. They're one of my favorite multiplayer emblems as well.

#31 ONI Michael

ONI Michael

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:39 AM

Not me. Once I become the world's first trillionaire, I'm going to start my own colony on Mars. All of you will be welcome of course, as long as you accept me as your new lord and master.

Anyway, I noticed the crossed energy swords. I'm glad you included them. They're one of my favorite multiplayer emblems as well.

And then you can turn Mars into a Factory essentially and create the actual Forward Unto Dawn.. Then and only then I will accept you as my Lord and Master.
- United Nations Space Command -
- Office of Naval Intelligence -
- Cmdr M. Tarpley -

#32 spartan-G257

spartan-G257

Gamma Company Recruit

• Contributor
  • 234 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:00 PM

^agreed

However we need a MasterChief petty officer of the navy John-117 and a cortana.

Otherwise it's just an advanced Charon class frigate

(And it needs a Magnetic Accelerator Cannon that deal a shit tonne of damage)
UNSC been beating the covies since 2525
Closed Beta Testing HHF
Hail the Commonwealth of Nations and long live the Queen
Posted ImagePosted Image

#33 Centurian128

Centurian128

Crewman

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • LocationKaalann, Skaro

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:10 PM

Here's an idea. Faction icons essentially serve the same purpose as the Halo multiplayer emblems, so why not use the emblems that you guys like the best?

Spoiler

^Halo 4 emblem chart

Tirad, Killer Bee, Winged, MIssile, Arrowhead, Hardlight, Promethian, Compass, and possibly Guilty would be good for Forerunners.

Runes, Covenant, Rank Up [without the plasma grenade], Crossed Swords and maybe Grunt and Drone would be good for the Covenant.

Anchor, Wolf, Spartan Helmet, Snake, Horse, The Trail, Mastery, The Hill, On Your Shield, Corbulo, and ONI would be good for UNSC. Plus the Shark and the Manta Ray.

And I'd like to add Foxed as a personal request ^_^

Spoiler

#34 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:29 AM

The issue with using a large number of Halo emblems is the potential for "icon-creep". Basically, people crying until we add their particular emblem. Since they can be customized to some extent, this is a terrible idea. I'm fine with some of the more...iconic ones that have been in several games, but we should be very selective about our choices. We should try to stick to faction icons rather than personal emblems, imho.

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#35 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts
  • Steam:sloosecannon
  • LocationThis dimension (right now...)

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:38 AM

The issue with using a large number of Halo emblems is the potential for "icon-creep". Basically, people crying until we add their particular emblem. Since they can be customized to some extent, this is a terrible idea. I'm fine with some of the more...iconic ones that have been in several games, but we should be very selective about our choices. We should try to stick to faction icons rather than personal emblems, imho.

Here's the solution:
Dev team icons only. Each dev gets to put their icon ingame... Problem solved...

Lol
#define true false
//happy debugging suckers!!!!!

Notable SOTP forum/Steam chat quotes:

Spoiler

Donate to the forum! https://kd8rho.net/donate

#36 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:00 AM

Hahahahaha

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#37 MasterOfShips

MasterOfShips

MasterOfPENIS

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:09 AM

I can get behind this.

Here's the solution:
Dev team icons only. Each dev gets to put their icon ingame... Problem solved...

Lol

This not so much lol.

#38 Centurian128

Centurian128

Crewman

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • LocationKaalann, Skaro

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:43 PM

In that case, how about a stricter version of my previous suggestions as before I was trying to stick close to what would be cannonically plausible but I was, perhaps, a little too loose with my requirements. I've narrowed it down to 13 options and I have denoted the ones more suited to a Rebellion release.

Forerunner Emblems [For Rebellion Release]:
-Arrowhead -> Good Forerunner aesthetic
-Hardlight -> Good Forerunner aesthetic and known Forerunner technology
-Promethian -> Warrior servent cast of the Forerunners [Highly recommended]
-Guilty -> Stong resemblence to a Forerunner Monitor

Covenant Emblems:
-Runes -> Good Covenant aesthetic, also appeared in Halos 2,3 and ODST
-Covenant -> Not recommended too much but on here because it shares the same name
-Rank Up [without the plasma grenade] -> Bears strong resemblence to The Didact's Hand emblem seen on Jul 'Mdama's armor [Highly recommended for Rebellion Release]
-Crossed Swords -> Good Covenant aesthetic
-Mark of Shame [From Halo 2&3] -> Arbiter was branded with this mark in Halo 2, and the Covenenat Seperatists were seen with this mark etched into their armor in Halo 3 [Highly Recommended for Rebellion Release since Entrenchment is set in 2543, I think]

UNSC Emblems:
-Anchor -> Good UNSC aesthetic, especially for Navy [Highly recommended]
-Wolf -> Good UNSC aesthetic, though more suited as a fireteam's emblem than a fleet's
-Corbulo -> Corbulo Military Academy in Halo: Forward Unto Dawn and mentioned in Halo 4
-Phoenix [From Halo 2&3&ODST] -> Good UNSC aesthetic

I removed the ones that I realized have already made it into the mod and the ones that only had a loose aesthetic based connection to the factions mentioned. Stronger aesthetic based connections were left in. Those that had a stronger lore based connection on the UNSC side were removed because they represented fire teams and were unsuitable for fleets. Those that I believe need to be included are marked with "HIghly Recommended" due to strong connections to various factions in the lore, such as the Covenent Seperatists and the Didact's Hand.

Final Count: 7 for Entrenchment release and an additional 6 to be released with Rebellion.

Spoiler

#39 CanadaMan7

CanadaMan7

Commander-in-Chief

• Administrators
  • 1,247 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:30 AM

Centurian's on point, clearly someone had his adderall today.
Good suggestions, dude.
  • Unikraken likes this

yLM4TEk.png

#40 Guest_Golly 1st Earl Oxford VC_*

Guest_Golly 1st Earl Oxford VC_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:37 AM

8/10

Could be improved with colour coding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users