#21 Sneer

Sneer

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationThe Great White Fleet, circumnavigating the galaxy

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:30 AM

Fleet Buffs, AoE longrange infection abilities that target frigates, etc, etc

When you say the infection abilities target frigates, do you mean exclusively frigates? Or are ships under the "cruiser" classification able to be infected as well?

#22 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts
  • Steam:sloosecannon
  • LocationThis dimension (right now...)

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:41 AM

When you say the infection abilities target frigates, do you mean exclusively frigates? Or are ships under the "cruiser" classification able to be infected as well?

Frigate designator. Meaning cruisers as well. Unfortunately there's no way to differentiate
#define true false
//happy debugging suckers!!!!!

Notable SOTP forum/Steam chat quotes:

Spoiler

Donate to the forum! https://kd8rho.net/donate

#23 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:53 AM

To soase there are only strikecraft, frigates, and capitals.

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#24 Sneer

Sneer

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationThe Great White Fleet, circumnavigating the galaxy

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:20 PM

Thanks for the clarification; I saw the "frigate" wording and saw a great way to balance out the ability but I suppose that's a non-event

#25 Raymond77

Raymond77

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:22 AM

I love the idea of the flood being their own faction being that there was leadership roles throughout the flood in the games like gravemind but being that the flood already can take your whole fleet and use it against you, wouldnt you also want a weapon or unit with the sole purpose of destroying or containing the flood to certain planets something other then forerunner shield worlds and halos this would also add another stratigic factor to game play if the person or AI your were playing against slipspaced into one of these continuosly growing and contained flood worlds.

#26 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:29 AM

destroying the flood

ever heard of the Shiva Nuclear Missile?

#27 Raymond77

Raymond77

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:51 AM

What I ment was not destroying them but making them not able to slipspace to a planet with a structure that would stop them from doing so in other words containing the flood I wont be able to see how this wonderfull mod turns out since I head to basic june 17th but I want to give my support to this mod since it is something I have trully enjoyed I know the forerunners were always trying to contain them and to make it so the flood couldnt travel to certain destinations would make for a very stratigic ability other then just destroying them completly and to use the flood as a tool to destroy your enemy besides just paying them to attack someone more on the lines as then best defence is your greatest offense

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users